Edinburgh city v Forfar Athletic

Guest mr_malcolm

Mr Blobby was wielded by someone who was a Meadowbank fan (although no Thistle fan could remember him). While there are a few Meadowbank fans who watch City (and plenty who don't such as GordonD who posts on here) Thistle effectively died in May 1995 as far as we are concerned.
Mr Blobby was the nickname of not particularly liked chairman Bill Hunter who moved the club to Livingston against the fans wishes. Basically it's a bit like an ex Thirds fan turning up to Pollok with an effergy of Bill Hiddleston.
The chap with the inflatable Blobby stopped going when City signed Craig Thomson. Rumours are he may re-appear at the new Meadowbank.
Meantime I have a 1989 vintage Man City inflatable banana. I could bring it to games but I fear he may end up playing at centre half.

There's going to be a new Meadowbank?

Anyway, Mr Blobby? Dipsy? Surely we need a real 90s mascot, I might start bringing an Ed the Duck or Gordon the Gopher

2 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

There's going to be a new Meadowbank?

Anyway, Mr Blobby? Dipsy? Surely we need a real 90s mascot, I might start bringing an Ed the Duck or Gordon the Gopher

There's a new Meadowbank but in current form it makes the Aberdeen Sports Village look like Hampden.

This 90s mascot thing might fly - City could have Morrissey the Consumer Monkey from Vic Reeves Big Night Out.

There's a new Meadowbank but in current form it makes the Aberdeen Sports Village look like Hampden.
This 90s mascot thing might fly - City could have Morrissey the Consumer Monkey from Vic Reeves Big Night Out.
Ah, I thought you meant Meadowbank as a football club rather than a venue. I'm happy for City to have their own home but hate that's it at Meadowbank with the horrible plans. Just kick the students off of the Meadows and make a wee ground there.

I'd take anything Vic Reeves related in Scottish football!

9 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Take it maths wasn't your strongest subject back in your school days?

Did pretty well thanks Citizen, but I'm not here to show off my degree, Masters, and PHD 😀

Ok so it's mathematically possible for City to finish bottom of League 2. Since the 1-1 draw at Ainslie Park in October, Cowdenbeath have played 8 games and failed to score in 7 of them. If City beat them on Wednesday then the gap becomes 15 points. Can we relax a bit then?

On 18/12/2021 at 21:44, tamthebam said:

Mr Blobby was wielded by someone who was a Meadowbank fan...  Rumours are he may re-appear at the new Meadowbank.

Careful what you wish for... it might just come true...

Spoiler

Mr and Mrs Blobby (As she is affectionately known by the Blobby Army - if you've read Ash Wilson's excellent "Good Citizen, Bad Citizen" eBook from Amazon - are hoping to put in an appearance at the first game Edinburgh City plays back at the New Meadowbank Sports Centre in the Spring. And if Tam-The-Bam can persuade Gordon G to come along with a friend for the match, the Fanzine editor is offering to pay for Gordon's re-entry and leave 2 free tickets with Pastor Milne for him at the box office. Our co-editor Jackie "Wizbit" has even offered to buy Gordon G and friend a Macaroni Pie, a Bovril, a Citizen Programme and a 50p colour team sheet (which he can sell later on eBay at a 100% mark up price) to sweeten him up. And finally, since Gordon left his Meadowbank Thistle scarf hanging on the goalposts at Morton in his last game watching the Bankies in 1995, we'll even throw in an old Meadowbank Thistle scarf for him, his favourite one that is slightly orange in colour and sometimes got Gordon confused for a Dundee United supporter. 🤣

Absent Without Leave Year Two Issue One The New Fanzine for Edinburgh City FC Front Cover Provisional.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Picture Quality