God Save The Queen

Lex

21 minutes ago, btb said:

I note with interest The Grauniad is not taking any comments re the Lizzie's legacy and has published some surprisingly (to me anyway) hagiographies like this one from Andrew Rawnsley...

I also note Stewart Lee has not submitted a piece this weekend...

I think we all just need to hunker down and accept that there won't be anything that isn't force 9, category A fucking mental/sycophantic/craven/deeply cynical said or written in traditional and popular media for at least a month. 

Thank Christ for Pie and Bovril. 

35 minutes ago, btb said:

I note with interest The Grauniad is not taking any comments re Lizzie's legacy and has published some surprisingly (to me anyway) hagiographies like this one from Andrew Rawnsley...

I noticed a while back the guardian has stopped doing comments on any articles that might have created some lively debate, not sure when that started 

It's fairly busy with cars parked off North Deeside road near me and my mate's wife is taking her kids down so my bairn is away with them.

They said that there were folk out with camping chairs and tables having a picnic at the side of the road as they drove along. I assume there are more monarchists up her on 'Royal Deeside' than I thought.

I'll just stay in the house making snide comments about the obsequious nature of the blanket coverage.

1 hour ago, btb said:

I note with interest The Grauniad is not taking any comments re Lizzie's legacy and has published some surprisingly (to me anyway) hagiographical pieces like this one from Andrew Rawnsley...

Stuart Lee article.  Bigger fish to fry than a very little, very old lady.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/11/pity-poor-britons-playing-liz-trusss-lottery

58 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It's fairly busy with cars parked off North Deeside road near me and my mate's wife is taking her kids down so my bairn is away with them.

They said that there were folk out with camping chairs and tables having a picnic at the side of the road as they drove along. I assume there are more monarchists up her on 'Royal Deeside' than I thought.

I'll just stay in the house making snide comments about the obsequious nature of the blanket coverage.

I've found that the BBC iPlayer has no commentary coverage if that helps.

Edited by Soapy FFC

30 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

On a positive note, the coverage from a helicopter has shown what a beautiful part of the country I live in.

Watching with the sound down and it's spectacular. Couldn't face several hours of whispering commentators filling dead air.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Was hoping you were attending, a guy called “Suspect Device” saying online he’s going could cause some carnage for police intelligence.