WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

32 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

They’re estending the deal by the sounds of it and expanding on it. Woukdn’t shock me to see one of the proper PPVs over there.

Disappointing!

I’m going to be gutted not to be there but I just canny justify that cost. Hopefully a couple places in town showing it.

It's bad enough if I was going with a pal and only paying for one ticket, but it's the sort of thing I'd probably want to take my 7 year old to.  I grudge paying the fee the soft play and trampoline parks want for an hour's entertainment, paying over £600 for a few hours...nah.  Surely you're pricing out the next generation of fans with this kind of approach?  Although I guess they're now near enough sold out, and there'll be plenty of kids there, so what do I know?

You could give them the benefit of the doubt and say they just don't get rivalry, but they come from a country where you can walk out to a ring and say "<insert town> smells like poo" and get nuclear heat.  They've clearly investigated enough to know that there's probably a kind of market for football style tops, but not enough to see that if you pick one of two specific sets of colours, you're going to be, at best, cutting off a good chunk of your market (the wronged cheek and everyone else who isn't the other cheek).  Unless it's a deliberate ploy to "go viral", but still, you surely want to,  you know, sell these?

Simply no reason Drew shouldn’t win on Saturday. The Priest reign was pretty much DOA anyway. Even if they get Punk to cost him again, I don’t see it going over well at all. This has to be his moment.

Wonder if they're doing their usual and staying in the Radisson, sure they always used to do that.  I'm working next to it so will see if Punk's started a rammy or not.  

Smackdown tonight in particular still has a fair bit of availability and tickets now going for £70. If they had been at that price point back at the start then maybe a few more people making other plans for the Euros wouldn’t have done. 

We'll probably never get an event of this magnitude in Scotland again and the WWE will blame Scotland as not having the appetite for it despite hosting it right at the same time as the biggest footballing event this country has seen in 26 years and screwing everyone with the pricing structure.

Shambles.

If I'd been someone who'd gone on on Day 1 and spent an eye-watering amount of money to go to a show that's opposite Scotland's biggest game in ages, and then saw that WWE's greed has led to tickets tumbling in price, I'd be fucking raging.  

Although looking at St Enoch centre when I took a wander earlier, there's an absolutely massive queue for the replica belt store, and I think they rush you a couple of hundred each.  They'll make a killing.