Arbroath v Hibs

1320Lichtie

Well beaten in the end. Early goal probably wasn’t the best thing that could have happened and i dont think we ever got the ball down and player but cant fault our effort. Quality from nisbet for the 2nd and we were a bit unlucky with the 3rd. Back to league business.

Pretty pleased with that, we played well, a lot better than I was expecting.

Like the look of Henderson, definitely the pick of the signings.

Very unconvinced by Rocky/Jasper though. 

Stevenson surprisingly good in the middle of the pitch, a much better option than Campbell.

I’m sure my renewed Maloney hope will be dashed when Ross Callachan hammers one in against us on Saturday mind you.

Can't complain, the better team won. We didn't play as well as we can but never gave up.

After scoring early I hoped we could hold the lead until half time but His deserved their equaliser. We started the second half well but once Nisbet made it 2-1 I didn't feel we would get an equaliser. Disappointed to lose a  third goal but the guys gave their all as usual.

So back to the league and two tough away games where we can hopefully keep up our good form.

Wasn't feeling particularly confident of victory pre match and it pretty much panned out as i expected. Hibs a cut above anything in the championship and too good for us.

Good luck in the next round especially if you get Hearts.

That was pleasantly surprising. Didn't expect the result to be quite so easy, but I'll take it.

And Arbroath is a cracking place to watch the fitba'. Can't knock a ground where hoofing the ball into the sea is a legit timewasting tactic. Hope you guys make it into to the top flight and displace Aberdeen or St Johnstone, and not just because you're one of the few teams that Maloneyball seems to work on.

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

That was pleasantly surprising. Didn't expect the result to be quite so easy, but I'll take it.

And Arbroath is a cracking place to watch the fitba'. Can't knock a ground where hoofing the ball into the sea is a legit timewasting tactic. Hope you guys make it into to the top flight and displace Aberdeen or St Johnstone, and not just because you're one of the few teams that Maloneyball seems to work on.

What have we ever done to upset you?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

What have we ever done to upset you?

I just picked the two team with the worst away game experiences out of the few that were more likely to be relegated than us.

Aberdeen's not that bad for the most part, but Pittodrie's away end is pretty shit. Plus, an Aberdeen relegation is long overdue.