The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

On 24/12/2022 at 22:10, Jambomo said:

Predatory males are not getting the same rights as trans people. Trans people are getting their rights into law, predatory males will always remain criminals.

Yep, I cant work out why some of those opposed to the bill cant get their heads round this - it feels like Rowling, Cherry etc have got so entrenched in these views that they will never back down.

Most of the media commentators havent done enough to debunk the fairy stories either, just poor journalism from most.

Social media is flooded with fake accounts these days. I see these far right commentators flood onto any and all posts related to this issue and a series of other on going issues. You can tell that it's fake, because it's so well coordinated. By fake, I don't mean that they're not real people. But it's likely to be a small number of people operating a multitude of fake profile accounts. It's dangerous, because they can effectively up vote their own comments, which then gives those comments viewing priority. Real people with real profiles then pick up on these comments and are ultimately influenced by them.

6 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Social media is flooded with fake accounts these days. I see these far right commentators flood onto any and all posts related to this issue and a series of other on going issues. You can tell that it's fake, because it's so well coordinated. By fake, I don't mean that they're not real people. But it's likely to be a small number of people operating a multitude of fake profile accounts. It's dangerous, because they can effectively up vote their own comments, which then gives those comments viewing priority. Real people with real profiles then pick up on these comments and are ultimately influenced by them.

Absolutely huge amounts,  wouldn’t surprise me if the majority of money spent by some campaign groups is on social media people who have a set script and just pile onto pages with pre-set accounts and to anyone unaware you could be drawn to think the marginal view is the majority one.   See also the polls they set up but keep a very close grip on who can access and they suddenly start screaming about how the public are not being listened too. 

38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yep, I cant work out why some of those opposed to the bill cant get their heads round this - it feels like Rowling, Cherry etc have got so entrenched in these views that they will never back down.

Most of the media commentators havent done enough to debunk the fairy stories either, just poor journalism from most.

It’s client journalism as a result of trans people being the easiest target. Ross McCafferty at Metro is probably the only one brave enough left to call out the pish. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Absolutely huge amounts,  wouldn’t surprise me if the majority of money spent by some campaign groups is on social media people who have a set script and just pile onto pages with pre-set accounts and to anyone unaware you could be drawn to think the marginal view is the majority one.   See also the polls they set up but keep a very close grip on who can access and they suddenly start screaming about how the public are not being listened too. 

Another give away is that often these comments will have hundreds of up votes within seconds of the comments being posted and when you look at who is liking these comments, it's generally the same cluster of accounts. When you go onto the pages of these accounts, the vast majority of them are basically shells. 

This sort of thing has been going on for years. But it has been ramped up greatly over 2022 and I can only see it getting worse next year.

On 24/12/2022 at 09:09, DeeTillEhDeh said:

When did you turn into Strichener?

Contrarian for the sake if it.

Red dotted this for being a shitebag and not tagging me.

You once again show your ignorance of language.  Criticism of the SNP is only contrary in the context of the P & B political groupthink.

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

I keep getting your avatar confused with @strichener's, while we're on the subject.

You not fancy switching back to a nice picture of Danny Grainger?

No way.  If either of us should change our avatar it’s @strichener.  His inappropriate appropriation of the saltire and map of Scotland should be a banning offence.

40 minutes ago, Detournement said:

By the looks of it she had a merkin and a body stocking on so the police are going to struggle to charge her with anything. 

Try waving a fake willy about in Holyrood and see what happens.