The Ayrshire derby

2 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

Not surprised you're gutted man. He's only played two full games, and already he sticks out in the midfield and he is absolutely oozing class. Strength, vision, hold-up play, movement and a sweet left foot. Going to enjoy him while he's here.

BTW, how good was Dempsey as well!? Absolutely bossed it, and still chasing every DKB after 90 minutes. Stunning. That midfield is looking beautiful. FINALLY.

Totally agree about the midfield, there were plenty of times the defence were playing along the deck into the midfield and what a difference it made to our overall play. You'd hope we would already be having talks with McInroy and Dempsey about permanent moves. 

The latter was all over the pitch last night, really looks to be getting upto match fitness and fitting into the team really well. 

🐝⚫⚪

2 and a half hours from Edinburgh in rush hour traffic just making kick off.

Another 2 and a half hours back to Edinburgh due to some of the worst snow I’ve driven in, getting home at 12.30 and back up for work at 6.30.

Worth it.

Midfield was outstanding, Adeloye was quality when he came on (shocking miss aside), McAdams was like prime Buffon at points. Even Sean McGinty looked competent. Second half was probably the most dominant performance I’ve seen from us since Dundee Utd away under McCall, we really should have had at least another couple. Sublime.

Anyone notice Bully having an extended chat at full time with Tomi as they all come over to the away end. 

Probably along the lines of "that's what we need all the time and that's what you're capable of". 

Ive been critical of the big man but he looked really fit and motivated when he came on, would've loved to have seen him score that chance near the end. 

Fair play to Bully as well if he has had an unhappy player to deal with, he's made him sit, resisted bringing him back and then got a right shift out of him when he finally came on. Just what we needed at that time in the match as well. 

When are the highlights up?! 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The Killie TV commentators wanting retrospective action for that. Imagine being that blatantly biased, embarrassing stuff. 

Killie TV output isn't even in the top 20 things I'm embarrassed about from yesterday.

Most of it has already been said but I thought the game was pretty even with Killie probably shading it for most of the first half. McAdams pulled off a few good saves and Ayr were being far too submissive for my liking, although Killie failed to take advantage of this and seemed pretty slow and laboured in the build up themselves.

The game definitely changed in the last 30 mins which seemed to be due to a combination of the Killie changes, Ayr changes and a change in attitude from Bullen.

I actually thought that our guys looked fitter / put in more of a shift, although there's no doubt that Adeloye made a huge difference to us as he seemed to give the rest confidence in pushing up and McInroy started to really dominate the Midfield at this point ably backed up by Dempsey and Murdoch.

All in all this was a huge result for us at a time when we were struggling and although Killie have a great squad on paper, it doesn't seem that McInnes is utilising them properly and certainly isn't getting the most out of what he's got. Lafferty was very poor and didn't seem interested most of the time and his general link play seemed to be pretty non existent.

Still a long way to go for both of us but for purely selfish reasons I hope we have another 4 derby matches next season also......

Honestly I could write a hundred things about how good we were last night but I don’t think it’ll ever do the team justice so I won’t.

One thing I want to note is that at FT, Bullen went straight over to Adeloye and had an arm round him. The guy is frustrating as hell as he completely ragdolled the Killie back line and totally changed the game for us but also could’ve had a hat trick. That chance to seal the win has to go in. I don’t think it’ll happen but we need to try and accommodate Adeloye and Ashford in the same team. Ashford does a power of running but will bring a bigger goal threat than someone like Maxwell and I think Adeloye would benefit from playing alongside another proper striker. Not to say that Maxwell being dropped is the right call as I think he had a good game but it always feels like he’s missing something to play in such an advanced role.

McInroy, Dempsey and Murdoch were sensational and we have to get all three tied up for next season.