Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

There is now a movement to remove Russia and any and all pressure that can be applied should be applied. f**k them off.

Want to ensure Russia is completely fcuked-off? Here’s your referee boys.

5247F7AB-E4F3-42A1-82FC-03FA908FB54C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Given the paucity of gravitas, sincerity and decency in the current UK cabinet, it's astonishing that we still punch so far above our weight on the world stage.........

I'm not so sure that we do, they like to make us believe that we do and the Mail / Express would have people believe that we're still a "superpower" with an empire but I think lots of countries now see us for what we really are.

A two tier insular little island full of corruption and delusions of grandeur.

So now Belarus have provided a route for the Russians to advance and are now supporting them directly, to avoid causing a world war when will we see sanctions on Belarus. Unless I have missed them?

Just now, 101 said:

So now Belarus have provided a route for the Russians to advance and are now supporting them directly, to avoid causing a world war when will we see sanctions on Belarus. Unless I have missed them?

https://www.reuters.com/world/eu-impose-new-sanctions-belarus-this-week-eu-official-2022-02-28/

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yugoslavia, Euro 92? South Africa were banned for political reasons.

I always thought that Yugoslavia were disqualified from Euro 92 because, by the time the Tournament started, Yugoslavia no longer existed rather than anything else, but you might be right.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Wonder if they were heading South or North? (tremble)

image.png.d6e5da9aa6fb6a0e45abb0d78ae603d7.png

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Thanks had missed that

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wonder if they were heading South or North? (tremble)

image.png.d6e5da9aa6fb6a0e45abb0d78ae603d7.png

Yeh that's a worry you would imagine refugees will be using that main road north of Lutsk into Poland. At least if they are going north they will hopefully just go to Kalingrad.

I'm not so sure that we do, they like to make us believe that we do and the Mail / Express would have people believe that we're still a "superpower" with an empire but I think lots of countries now see us for what we really are.
A two tier insular little island full of corruption and delusions of grandeur.
Absolutely, and it's all relative but if the City of London and Trident were removed from 'Inventory UK',
we'd go tumbling down every OECD league table I think........

I find the rush to state that 'we refuse to play Russia' from countries who haven't even got any planned fixtures against them really weird.

You're just looking at Men's A team fixtures, most countries will have a game against them coming up at some level or another. For us it's in the Regions Cup, which is an amateur tournament.

I always thought that Yugoslavia were disqualified from Euro 92 because, by the time the Tournament started, Yugoslavia no longer existed rather than anything else, but you might be right.

The CIS played at Euro 92 despite the Soviet Union (who had qualified) not existing any more. Yugoslavia were banned because they were under UN sanctions.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Thanks had missed that

Yeh that's a worry you would imagine refugees will be using that main road north of Lutsk into Poland. At least if they are going north they will hopefully just go to Kalingrad.

Going to Kaliningrad means crossing Lithuania or Poland. :shutup

25 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The choice is allowing them a bye to the finals or kicking them out. Poland, Sweden and Czechia won't play them. There's the line. I'm more than happy to see Saudi Arabia and Israel punted, too, but it isn't going to happen. There is now a movement to remove Russia and any and all pressure that can be applied should be applied. f**k them off.

That's a pretty big can of worms you're opening there. If Saudi Arabia draw Bolivia in the inter confederate playoff and the Bolivians refuse to play, we're chucking out Saudi Arabia right ?

And what's the criteria for allowing Russia back in ? If there's a ceasefire in the next 48 hours are they back in ? What if Poland et al still refuse to play them ?

39 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The choice is allowing them a bye to the finals or kicking them out. Poland, Sweden and Czechia won't play them. There's the line. I'm more than happy to see Saudi Arabia and Israel punted, too, but it isn't going to happen. There is now a movement to remove Russia and any and all pressure that can be applied should be applied. f**k them off.

The UK should be kicked out as well for illegally occupying Syria and assisting the Saudis and UAE in Yemen if you are being consistent.