🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v Ayr Unytyd ⚪ ⚫

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I think it's funny the board are flying to Inverness but we're still being asked to contribute to the AU500 fund.

I'm no sure that's fair, we have hardly claimed poverty at any point recently and they've definitely increased spending.  

I'm no sure that's fair, we have hardly claimed poverty at any point recently and they've definitely increased spending.  
I totally understand that, there's been massive investment. It's just on the face of it... A director who owns a plane, and our owner who owns a multi million pound company, asking for money to sign players. Personally it doesn't sit right with me. Obviously they can spend their money on what they want, I have nothing against that. I can see some supporters wondering why they contribute though if our board seemingly have a lot of cash.

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Why?

If one of the directors owns a plane, has a pilots licence, then why not?

Just seems like a certain arrogance to me, especially when the players got a bus up (though granted they did get a night in the Kingsmills).  

Just now, Ayr23 said:
6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I totally understand that, there's been massive investment. It's just on the face of it... A director who owns a plane, and our owner who owns a multi million pound company, asking for money to sign players. Personally it doesn't sit right with me. Obviously they can spend their money on what they want, I have nothing against that. I can see some supporters wondering why they contribute though if our board seemingly have a lot of cash.

Think you are wrong there , the club have never asked them for the money , AU500 fund is run by a group of fans who contributed towards a playing fund , until Smith came on board the club was running on a shoe string budget and getting bailed out nearly every season out of one man’s pocket , that is not a sustainable business plan 

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
Why ? The club are not paying a penny towards the cost 

Obviously I know the club aren't paying for the plane.

What was the reference between people flying and people contributing to the AU500 club ?

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Just seems like a certain arrogance to me, especially when the players got a bus up (though granted they did get a night in the Kingsmills).  

I doubt he's got a learjet on the books, it'll be some hokey plane that qualifies as a hobby or passion more than an extravagant lifestyle.

18 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I’d imagine if we list the amount of money invested / gifted into the club since the AU500 fund started, the top places would be directors.

As it should be. Financing any business is the responsibility of the directors. A football club is no different.

Edited by Trogdor