Motherwell FC v Aberdeen FC Sat 19th Feb

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

This is sadly an example of bias overriding rationality. I find it quite funny at times when supporters claim offside when sitting behind one of the goals. Going to a game as a supporter of neither club can be quite entertaining, some of the claims are laughable.

2 minutes ago, Yorky said:

It’s impossible to tell from that angle. 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

I hope Ramirez was onside. Makes these things even better.

That image proves f**k all. Even then my bias makes me think he's slightly ahead of everyone.

🤣

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

It’s impossible to tell from that angle. 

So that'll be the fourth consecutive lot of fans whose side we haven't beaten having a heads gone for absolutely no reason at all.

This must be from the training footage all games have? Doesn't look like a mobile and I agree it is impossible to convulsively prove one way or the other BUT....

It looks on side to me and a poor call from the linesman. *kaboom* 

5 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Goodwin has history of saying daft things, remember him wanting action taken against players that dived while totally ignoring his own players after a couple of blatant ones against us. His managerial record is excellent but he needs to think before he speaks at times.

I don't remember that but it sounds like he probably did give it some thought. Managers' post game comments are vey seldom objective assessments for the benefit of neutrals. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

So that'll be the fourth consecutive lot of fans whose side we haven't beaten having a heads gone for absolutely no reason at all.

This must be from the training footage all games have? Doesn't look like a mobile and I agree it is impossible to convulsively prove one way or the other BUT....

It looks on side to me and a poor call from the linesman. *kaboom* 

I’m not sure how claiming you can’t tell from that angle is “ having a heads gone”. Now stating something is “miles offside” when it’s clearly a very close call. ?

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I hope Ramirez was onside. Makes these things even better.

That image proves f**k all. Even then my bias makes me think he's slightly ahead of everyone.

I thought exactly the same. Hope to f**k it was onside. Then the Dons fans and new Manager will know how we felt last week. Glad it was onside. 

The posts above are exactly why Aberdeen and their fans are rightly ridiculed. Talk about teams dragging them down. 1 win in 8 against a team with almost a 1/3rd of your budget. That is quite frankly embarrassing any way you choose to look at it. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't remember that but it sounds like he probably did give it some thought. Managers' post game comments are vey seldom objective assessments for the benefit of neutrals. 

Absolutely, they tend to be as biased as most supporters. Even with their “ superior knowledge” off all things football.

1 minute ago, Yorky said:

Absolutely, they tend to be as biased as most supporters. Even with their “ superior knowledge” off all things football.

Probably, but i meant more that they'll say things they don't believe if they think it's what the squad (or less so the fans or board) need to hear.

Praising a side, despite them being dung, to build confidence, or crating the old seige mentality for example. 

That's not to say they can't sometimes be deluded too. 

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I thought exactly the same. Hope to f**k it was onside. Then the Dons fans and new Manager will know how we felt last week. Glad it was onside. 

The posts above are exactly why Aberdeen and their fans are rightly ridiculed. Talk about teams dragging them down. 1 win in 8 against a team with almost a 1/3rd of your budget. That is quite frankly embarrassing any way you choose to look at it. 

:lol:

30 minutes ago, Yorky said:

You see this is why we need VAR 😂

Nah, VAR can do one. It's a bag of shite.

A lot of weird emoji replies in this thread too. Always find that the trademark of a nonce.

26 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Yikes

2 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

MFC lads here can I have my username for today.

Always a winner for us Dandies when the, "you're stuck in the 80's' chat is dished out.

You can have your username any day you like kiddo. Nice to ask the friendly Well fans permission though. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Nah, VAR can do one. It's a bag of shite.

A lot of weird emoji replies in this thread too. Always find that the trademark of a nonce.

The biggest issue I have with VAR is it breaks up the flow of the game, but it’s good at cutting out a lot of obvious mistakes. The refs up here are mostly shite and frankly need all the help they can get.