Scott Brown retires

Good player and captain but ultimately benefitted by being in a side with no credible challenge for the best part of a decade. Found out against a good midfield and ended his career rather pitifully.

A complete waste of a talent who like so many others chose to booze, kebab and silk cut his career away safe in the knowledge that he only had to be better than one other team to get the undying adulation of idiots.

Thankfully modern Scottish players don't seem to have such limited ambition and we are reaping the rewards.

Still embarrassed for him against Poland at Hampden running about like a bairn chasing a balloon in a gale trying to get near the Polish midfielders.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Good player and captain but ultimately benefitted by being in a side with no credible challenge for the best part of a decade. Found out against a good midfield and ended his career rather pitifully.

Rangers didn't beat him even when he was at Aberdeen though to be fair. 

To me has was always a better player the simplier he kept his game. Deceptively good passer that could drive forward occasionally with purpose.

Used to infuriate me when he would try his billy big baws routine for Scotland against far superior players who didnt know who he was, never mind give a f**k. Would totally detract from his positional play cause he'd be too eager to get involved.

A good player who never achieved his potential because he chose to stay at Celtic. Which i dont really get people criticising him for.

His career is very impressive and when he looks back he'll be able to say he won X number of trophies, here's the medals, etc. Better than playing for a team like Everton who win f**k all. More good players should stay and play in Scotland, just not all at the same two fucking clubs.

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

To me has was always a better player the simplier he kept his game. Deceptively good passer that could drive forward occasionally with purpose.

Used to infuriate me when he would try his billy big baws routine for Scotland against far superior players who didnt know who he was, never mind give a f**k. Would totally detract from his positional play cause he'd be too eager to get involved.

A good player who never achieved his potential because he chose to stay at Celtic. Which i dont really get people criticising him for.

His career is very impressive and when he looks back he'll be able to say he won X number of trophies, here's the medals, etc. Better than playing for a team like Everton who win f**k all. More good players should stay and play in Scotland, just not all at the same two fucking clubs.

If he was only good enough to play at Everton and win f**k all then yes he was correct to stay at Celtic.

His career doesn't come close to someone like Darren Fletcher. 

It's entirely his business where he lives and works and I won't criticise him for staying in Scotland. He made a load of cash and won a bunch of medals, albeit he couldn't have failed to win most of them.

But let's not pretend he's some big deal in the pantheon of Scottish footballers. He really isn't.

No achievements outside Scotland. No major tournaments with Scotland. Loads of medals won with no opposition.

He's made a load of money from football and set himself up for life. That's a great thing. But he's in no way a big deal.

Let's be honest, he's a dick.