Morton vs Thistle - 12th March 2022

6 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Thanks Morton

Yes a few results for the Ton helping out down East Ayrshire way. Expect a good few Killie fans for the game in a few weeks. Problem for you is looks like a free hit for us, should be great under the lights.

Well worth, in the end getting up at 2.00 am to watch the match. Poor start as the PT train charged into us. Did well to stay in the game and Reilly makes up for the sitter. Muirhead not his best effort as a sub but good finish to worth his bonus.

Jacobs is off the pace and Wilson can do better.

Blues out Covid or injury?

7 hours ago, BdenJag said:

Do the Morton fans usually invade the pitch after every goal? Absolutely embarrassing wee boys. Morton totally deserved the points by the 

Mate you are a fud the stewarding was shocking today but I take it you should look at your own idiots as well.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What a pile of shite that Morten TV is. Need a pair of binoculars to see what's happening in the goalmouth. Had to go and watch the Falkirk, much more professional.

Thank you.

Yes it was not their normal high standard. I understand there were technical issues, as can happen, but must be corrected before the next game.

I was watching from Melbourne and thought there where issues with the internet provider but its seems it was at Cappielow  end. No sound first half and low def video at times. Not unhappy with single camera as constant changing irritates me but would have welcomed  reruns of the goals and misses.

Surely this was not noticeable to Partick fans as the air was cleaner, grass was leveller and greener than you have in Maryhill. 

6 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

You honestly think daft 10/11 year-olds read club statements?

By the letter of the law kids shouldnt invade football pitches when their team scores. Correct.

Frankly....I didnt find it embarrasing.On the contrary....it reminded me of when I was that age daft but ultra enthusiastic about all things Morton.

Not condoning their behaviour but like I said earlier....lighten up.....theyre kids.

Contradicting yourself all over the place here. Also everyone can be overly enthusiastic but that doesnt make it ok to act like an arsehole. 

It was wrong and if it happens again then anyone who enters the pitch should be banned.

7 hours ago, gmfc said:

Mate you are a fud the stewarding was shocking today but I take it you should look at your own idiots as well.

Thank you gmfc. On reflection a couple of Thistle fans hopping over the wall was entirely comparable to three incidents from the lovely Morton fans.🤡

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

You were by far the better team in the second half, and I don’t think it was as much of a smash & grab as some people seem to be suggesting.

The two managers changed the game in different ways. Imrie into a more attacking style at the half, while McCall had us sitting deeper and as the half went on made some very negative substitutions. If Gus was still in charge I think we’d have probably seen that out, but coming up against a manager actually willing to make proactive changes has been our downfall.

Thistle desperately need some wide players. Both FBs are slow and can’t beat a man to save their lives, and outside Tiffoney we have no pace or width on the wings either. Lots to do in the summer after we inevitably slither to 3rd place and are comfortably beaten in the playoffs.

Interesting to read your take on it because the immediate feeling among the folk around us at FT was that we didn't deserve the win. On reflection, particularly hearing the two managers' post match interviews and reading your comments, I may have been blinkered by our poor first half performance.

Again Dougie saw the changes needed and made them. I'll admit I thought the last two subs were throwing caution to the wind but with McCall saying his team looked tired, Imrie must have seen that too.

The stewarding at Scapa was dreadful yesterday. Over-officious idiots picking fights with anyone who expressed annoyance at the way the queue was organised then failing hopelessly to deal with anything in the ground. Had the away support been at the far end of the Cowshed then I reckon the pitch invasions would not have happened, and all the goading would have been at the back of the shed.

Without wanting to stray into cliches, I think that's the kind of game neither side actually thinks they deserved to win. Watching that second half at 1-0 I have no doubt every Partick fan was thinking a goal had been coming all half, while every Morton fan was thinking we never looked like scoring: hopeful crosses into the box were all we had prior to the last 20 minutes.

We should have had Muirhead and McGrattan on at half time but when the subs eventually came it was still enough. That became an utterly ridiculous game at 1-1, as we had abandoned any semblance of defensive shape to chase the equaliser and were left with a shape that could not defend properly and looked to be inviting a goal, then the first time we crossed the halfway line after equalising we scored with utterly ridiculous defending. What a fucking hoot.

As for the pitch invasions, I think it was just fannies being increasingly emboldened. A few weans did it for Partick's goal and the stewards didn't even turn round to look at them so weans in the home end knew they'd also get away with it when we equalised, with stewards only bothering to try to stop it when one of them was doing laps of the centre circle, which in turn emboldened everyone who fancied it for the winner.

Anyone who was doing it properly would respect the traditions of this once proud football club and ditch trying to get selfies with players in favour of throwing rivets at the away end though.

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Without wanting to stray into cliches, I think that's the kind of game neither side actually thinks they deserved to win. Watching that second half at 1-0 I have no doubt every Partick fan was thinking a goal had been coming all half, while every Morton fan was thinking we never looked like scoring: hopeful crosses into the box were all we had prior to the last 20 minutes.

We should have had Muirhead and McGrattan on at half time but when the subs eventually came it was still enough. That became an utterly ridiculous game at 1-1, as we had abandoned any semblance of defensive shape to chase the equaliser and were left with a shape that could not defend properly and looked to be inviting a goal, then the first time we crossed the halfway line after equalising we scored with utterly ridiculous defending. What a fucking hoot.

As for the pitch invasions, I think it was just fannies being increasingly emboldened. A few weans did it for Partick's goal and the stewards didn't even turn round to look at them so weans in the home end knew they'd also get away with it when we equalised, with stewards only bothering to try to stop it when one of them was doing laps of the centre circle, which in turn emboldened everyone who fancied it for the winner.

Anyone who was doing it properly would respect the traditions of this once proud football club and ditch trying to get selfies with players in favour of throwing rivets at the away end though.

The voice of reason once again. I genuinely didn't think that we were out of the game at any point yesterday and always thought that we would eventually get something from the game. As for the Stewards...

No argument about result, a rank Morton wanted it more than a rank us .

Any hopes of automatic promotion went, IMHO ,with the 3-3 game in Inverness.After that it’s been series of uninspiring results and disappointment where our strike force can’t find the back of the net (7 or 8 league games now I think )and we are almost reliant on back 4 and goalie for any goals and recent success we have had .

Hoping a week off will allow for a team regroup and rest period for war dogs like Brian Graham who must be operating on fumes at this stage in league and hopefully edging towards a welcome return  of ,arguably our most talented player , Scott Tiffoney .

I still think we can squeak playoffs but need to improve and be more clinical than what was on offer yesterday .

BTW  nice sculpture in Port Glasgow …” The Skelipes “ ,very impressed.

Edited by I Clavdivs

21 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Amazing how much this means in Greenock the reality is we are shite without Tiff. . Killie sadly  will stroll it maybe.. 3 wins does it. Win every game we get promoted Mon Jags

??? Surely any victory means something to the victors, NO? 

The wee guys were better entertainment than the game itself from a Thistle perspective. Do Morton do a free entry for u16s?

Don’t know if anyone else noticed this but Highlight of the day was the wee guy in green in the thistle end winding up the young team. Morton scored he jumped the wall and ran into the home end to celebrate. 

7 hours ago, BdenJag said:

Thank you gmfc. On reflection a couple of Thistle fans hopping over the wall was entirely comparable to three incidents from the lovely Morton fans.🤡

Well on reflection nobody gives a fk.

Your fans one or twenty dosny really matter entering the pitch and stewards doing the square root of fk all to stop it caused the issues yesterday neither set of fans shoulda been on the park. But trying to point score by saying you did it more is just shite patter. 

On 09/03/2022 at 16:14, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Thistle players to be dazzled by the strange green stuff under their feet and lose comfortably.

Or Thistle to run out of steam in the last twenty minutes and lose narrowly.

Either outcome more than acceptable.*

Reveal hidden contents

* Truth is a dull draw is also acceptable.

Acceptable is the new amazing.

Can’t say we ‘deserved’ the win, but Thistle deserved to lose: far too happy to sit on the early goal (including rolling around and time-wasting) and only spurred into some kind of action when we scored.

Our midfield was non-existent until Imrie stuck Brandon in there at the same point when he brought on Bonnie Prince Robbie and put him on that imposter Foster; for that alone, we deserved to get something.

We’d have lost that with a whimper under MacPherson, so absolutely no complaints that Imrie has given us the ability to dig out wins when not playing well… but we’re a long way from the finished article, particularly in the middle of the park. I’m still trying to figure Wilson out and couldn’t believe he lasted the ninety (plus), but Imrie clearly sees something in him that he thinks we need.

Hope we’re already talking to McEntee about the possibility of another season; he was immense at times. And it’s time to get Hamilton tied down: back to being excellent after last week’s howler.

Special word for the fud of a ref who gave Thistle back all the time they had wasted; should have added two minutes for the, er, ‘pitch invasions’ and blown loud and hard…