Forfar Ath v The Binos

We travel to Forfar on Saturday to face a Forfar side riding high in League 2 and expected to be in the playoffs. 

After our win on Tuesday night against Cowdenbeath, the question is will we get something from this game or will it be another case of leaving empty handed. 

Given our injury worries it looks like we could be struggling to get 11 men on the park, even Darren Young the manager could be on the bench for us such are our problems. 

Prediction Forfar 1 Binos 0 ( Hope to be proved wrong) 

Edited by rhliston

13 hours ago, rhliston said:

We travel to Forfar on Saturday to face a Forfar side riding high in League 2 and expected to be in the playoffs. 

Prediction Forfar 1 Binos 0 ( Hope to be proved wrong) 

Riding high? Stuttering and struggling to string two decent results together is not riding high. As for the play offs, we’re now looking over our shoulder at Edinburgh and Stenny who are closing the gap.

I’ll take your prediction and hope it’s accurate. 

• rhliston changed the title to Forfar Ath v The Binos

To be honest, I just want the season to end now, we’re coughing and spluttering, picking up injuries along with suspensions and in truth the squad is in no state for a Play Off push and after Tuesday night, in no danger of relegation so it’s now all eyes on next season for me.

I’ve been working away an insane amount since January so going to use tomorrow as a day with the wife rather than travel up to Forfar but obviously hope we can get another positive result, can’t see it and suspect we’ll drop points, but live in hope.

Really dont know what to expect tomorrow. All depends which team Stirling turns up. One that will attack and go for it or one that will just try and defend and make constant stupid mistakes.

I wonder if it will be another away game where most of us leave to go back to the pub by half time  

Really dont know what to expect tomorrow. All depends which team Forfar turns up. One that will attack and go for it or one that will just try and defend and make constant stupid mistakes.

I wonder if it will be another home game where most of us leave to go back to the pub by half time  

Here we are then, dropped to 3rd and three points behind Annan (although a game in hand, I think). Our last two performances were barely worthy of an U-18 team and now we're up against an injury hit Stirling Albion. Will whatever is going on behind the scenes be sorted? Will a team come out with the desire to win and play 3 up front or will it be the same old stuff? I really hope things click into place and Forfar play as a team with desire and show the ability to be promoted. Not too much to ask, really.

Both teams got what they deserved from that game. Our tactics and formation at home are so negative and passive and deserve nothing. Wouldn’t worry about play-offs that bunch would offer nothing to them , leave them for teams that try to attack.

4 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I’m going to ask for a refund on my season ticket after that. That was on par with our first half performance on Boxing Day.

See, I've seen us play worse than that this season or on a par with that many times. We've gotten away with it because Munro has popped up with a header, Slater with a wonder goal etc. The managers tactics are not for me, he has no intention of playing attacking, pass and move football, even when down in games there's no gamble to his tactics and he has no idea how to not just make like for like substitutions.

Scunnered!

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

. The managers tactics are not for me, he has no intention of playing attacking, pass and move football, even when down in games there's no gamble to his tactics and he has no idea how to not just make like for like substitutions.

Wholeheartedly concur, we are playing bottom league football, there is no need for this. In truth after a bright start I have now lost faith in Mr Irvine. 

Can my faith be restored?