Saints v Motherwell, Saturday 19th March

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Potentially the last meeting between the sides at McDiarmid for a while? 

Still fondly remember the first meeting since our promotion 13 years ago tbh, mental to think we could start with 2 players who played in that game, mind you.

Screenshot_20220317-190832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4f5f2a5faf6547058dc8cf36eb50bec.jpg

Full game being on SaintsTV during lockdown was a dream 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Potentially the last meeting between the sides at McDiarmid for a while? 

Still fondly remember the first meeting since our promotion 13 years ago tbh, mental to think we could start with 2 players who played in that game, mind you.

Screenshot_20220317-190832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4f5f2a5faf6547058dc8cf36eb50bec.jpg

Going to be controversial, but only Morris, 2009 Muzz and McKay from that starting 11 would get in our team at the moment.

10 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Going to be controversial, but only Morris, 2009 Muzz and McKay from that starting 11 would get in our team at the moment.

I'd say the old version of Craig gets in too.

I'd also argue quite hard on one of Milne/Deuchar being better than Middleton/May just now, and Morais better than MOH, but depends on what shape etc.

Genuinely can't decide between Grainger, Gallacher or Booth either.

4-4-2 I'd say...

Clark

Mackay - Gordon - McCart - LB

Morais - 09 Muzz - Morris - 09 Craig

Hendry - Deucher/Milne

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What a goal from Ross Forbes that was.

A stonker. A proper "welcome to the big leagues" moment for me, goals come from anywhere.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Saints reaching 29 points (15 points from 12 games) by the split was ALWAYS going to come down to the next couple of games, they were the third and fourth easiest we had on paper after the break. 

We are on course at the moment - 10 points gained, 9 points expected - but we haven't over-performed enough that we can even afford a draw. 

Of course, the big thing that has changed is that despite picking up points at a reasonable, if unspectacular, rate ourselves, the two teams immediately above the bottom two spots in late January - County (15 points) and Livingston (14 points) - have decided to pick up massively. 

That's put tenth place beyond us but I think it's still important for the club moving forward that we try to reach 36 points, as it will have shown the January investment and performance of the manager over that period to be acceptable, in addition to surely giving us a shot in the play-offs rather than automatic relegation. 

If Callum Davidson doesn't reach 36 points, I'd be surprised if I felt he should be manager next season.

That's my own opinion, appreciate others will just see it as a simply shoot-out with Dundee. 

The line-up in the Hearts match was more positive, so hopefully see the same again tomorrow. 

Randomly I will be at the Chairman's Suite for this game. Train ticket bought. What is the best taxi company to get a lift to the ground from the station?

Thank you.

Wouldn't be at all shocked if @jagfox OG is back at McDiarmid later this season tbh.

Getting relegated by Partick would be a miserable experience on here, but shitfesting a 0-0 draw then winning the penalties to keep them down would be sensational, might even get a "I'd rather not get promoted and chase a title than go up and play like St Johnstone" comment again.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Getting relegated by Partick would be a miserable experience on here, but shitfesting a 0-0 draw then winning the penalties to keep them down would be sensational, might even get a "I'd rather not get promoted and chase a title than go up and play like St Johnstone" comment again.

80B4EF70-7567-4E0E-82FE-21C137B9BC19.thumb.jpeg.e8b1946f91b1044c67c0a90b852c5624.jpeg

Rooney behind MOH, maybe.

Motherwell defend narrow in their 4-3-3 I'm sure, do the thing we do where we expect our CMs to defend wide and central. Get MOH stuck to the touchline and Rooney coming inside and it could be chaos, which we need.

It'll be Brown on his own out there though, I guess.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll be Brown on his own out there though, I guess.

This is what I fear as he’s probably the only one who’s fully fit…

Even just one of Rooney/Sang/O’Halloran starting, to be replaced by one of those after an hour so I would be fine with 

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

This is what I fear as he’s probably the only one who’s fully fit…

Even just one of Rooney/Sang/O’Halloran starting, to be replaced by one of those after an hour so I would be fine with 

Guess it's important we give Rooney time, can't be arsed rushing him back in only for him to get injured again. Big if about it still, but if we have a playoff to play then he's one you absolutely want playing in them. Zero idea how long he's been training and that though, mind you.

Maybe we'll change shape and have Sang/MOH in front of Brown, which I wouldn't mind a huge amount. The lack of actual wingers we have kills us a bit in terms of changing it up. Wonder how Bair would do out wide?

Clark

Sang - Gordon - McCart - Gallacher

Hallberg - Craig - Davidson

Middleton - Hendry - Bair