Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

Ach that 2-2 game was a real “felt like a win” draw. Worth bearing in mind that back then we would have probably had the lowest budget in the league, Dunfermline probably had the highest and were still splashing the cash, signing players on directors credit cards etc.
A lower budget than Stirling Albion and Cowdenbeath. Aye, good son.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

we would have probably had the lowest budget in the league

No you didn't. And I don't think we had a higher budget ahead of Dundee, Partick, and possibly even Ross County. Thanks for playing though. 

27 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That was it.

Raith that season also “decided” to not win the league because it would have “cost too much” and one of the wee team fans cried to the papers that his PTSD was set off by seeing Sammy The Tammy in a cardboard box.

Cardle is Magic, very apt username. He did a great disappearing act in half the games he played. Just the one trick though… 

35 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That was it.

Raith that season also “decided” to not win the league because it would have “cost too much” and one of the wee team fans cried to the papers that his PTSD was set off by seeing Sammy The Tammy in a cardboard box.

😄 This still makes me laugh.

Apparently the cartoonish machine gun sound effects triggered a fan or two as well.

A couple of the tabloids tried to link it to Neil Lennon getting sent a bullet in the post as well, calling the Sammy routine awful and disrespectful etc. I don't recall either set of fans belting out any bigoted tunes that day, or indeed ever. 

I think the tabloids were just upset that a small bit of attention may have been taken away from their tiresome Old Firm coverage.

Edited by DA Baracus

39 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Cardle is Magic, very apt username. He did a great disappearing act in half the games he played. Just the one trick though… 

Oh dear, I seem to have upset you again.

Please don’t go sobbing to the mods this time, yeah?

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Ach that 2-2 game was a real “felt like a win” draw. Worth bearing in mind that back then we would have probably had the lowest budget in the league, Dunfermline probably had the highest and were still splashing the cash, signing players on directors credit cards etc.

Quite a bit of hyperbole there matey, there's not a chance that you had the lowest budget in the league, and I'm not even sure if we had the highest. 

Raith posted a loss that season aswell, drama was they spunkrd there directors credit cards on some trash. 

I'm not even sure we signed ours in directors credit cards, sure the people that ended up paying for Hardie and Rusty weren't even on the board at the time, such was the bras neck of Masterton. 

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

😄 This still makes me laugh.

Apparently the cartoonish machine gun sound effects triggered a fan or two as well.

Aye, if I remember correctly someone tried to link it to there family member having served in afghan. 

The taliban often used tanks with big bears in them tbf.

28 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I do love when season 10-11 inevitably crops up on the matchday thread of this fixture. Best season I've had supporting us, financially doped or not emoji23.png great memories.

Oh absolutely, by a mile my favourite season. 

Was seething at that 2-2 game, I'm sure Raith had a great chance at the end to win but fucked it, that mightve been the Falkirk game where we won 2-1 though, Chris Smith pulling wonder saves out the bag. 

We should have had that league wrapped up before the Martin Hardie show anyway. Lots of daft draws in games we should have won or certainly had winning positions in. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

We should have had that league wrapped up before the Martin Hardie show anyway. Lots of daft draws in games we should have won or certainly had winning positions in. 

Plus Alex Keddie/Chris Smith being fannies against Morton at EEP before we somehow got our arses in gear.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Same can be said for Rovers tbh.  5 points clear in March at one point I think.

Edited by CALDERON

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
29 minutes ago, CALDERON said:
Same can be said for Rovers tbh.  5 points clear in March at one point I think.

Bottled it against Cowden on grand national day. Loved to see it.

I didn't.

Ah 10/11, what a time. How i miss those days. That 2-2 Raith game was one of the craziest games. We battered them until ...Bell? Phinn? got sent off, and then raith battered us. Oddly they hit the bar, i think the post, and had efforts on goal that had they went in would have been worldies, yet scored two of the crappiest goals ever known to man. Guess raith wont care how they go in of course. Sure that game ended around half 5 as well. Mad stuff

We did have a wobble in the 3rd quarter, and i remember digging out a win at Falkirk which felt like the turning point. The last minute win at county was the big win of all to make everyone feel it was our year....then i think we won all the remaining games. And the tank! A belter of a moment. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Quite a bit of hyperbole there matey, there's not a chance that you had the lowest budget in the league, and I'm not even sure if we had the highest. 

Raith posted a loss that season aswell, drama was they spunkrd there directors credit cards on some trash. 

I'm not even sure we signed ours in directors credit cards, sure the people that ended up paying for Hardie and Rusty weren't even on the board at the time, such was the bras neck of Masterton. 

Aye, if I remember correctly someone tried to link it to there family member having served in afghan. 

The taliban often used tanks with big bears in them tbf.

Oh absolutely, by a mile my favourite season. 

Was seething at that 2-2 game, I'm sure Raith had a great chance at the end to win but fucked it, that mightve been the Falkirk game where we won 2-1 though, Chris Smith pulling wonder saves out the bag. 

Was the falkirk game where smith was out cold for about 5 minutes but played on as we'd used the 3 subs? That was a mental game, 

59 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Plus Alex Keddie/Chris Smith being fannies against Morton at EEP before we somehow got our arses in gear.

Jesus suffering f**k, that was bad, 3 bad goals but don't think i've ever see a worse one than keddie shielding the ball into his own net.

imagine walking out that ground if someone would tell you how the season would end? You would have laughed in their face, 'We'll get a late equaliser on tuesday, beat falkirk next week then continue an unbeaten run that has us win the league by 10 points' f**k off you absolute mentalist, that's not happening.   

Ah 10/11, what a time. How i miss those days. That 2-2 Raith game was one of the craziest games. We battered them until ...Bell? Phinn? got sent off, and then raith battered us. Oddly they hit the bar, i think the post, and had efforts on goal that had they went in would have been worldies, yet scored two of the crappiest goals ever known to man. Guess raith wont care how they go in of course. Sure that game ended around half 5 as well. Mad stuff
We did have a wobble in the 3rd quarter, and i remember digging out a win at Falkirk which felt like the turning point. The last minute win at county was the big win of all to make everyone feel it was our year....then i think we won all the remaining games. And the tank! A belter of a moment. 

Neil Mcgregor!

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Imagine how excited those Rovers fans were at half time, about to go top of the table with two games to play.

It would be heartbreaking if it wasn’t so funny.

I recall being incredulous that we were ahead considering how hopeless we were in the first half. Unsurprisingly our luck didn't hold.