Ayr v #CaleyAway

Ayr to be right up for this one to make the double header against Dunfermline and Queens easier.

Or, Ayr to play a 5-5-0 formation, keep inverness hemmed in to their half without having a shot at goal before conceding a cheap shitey goal. Second half, Ayr will really go for it by making several substitutions but not changing the shape. We'll spend the last half hour crossing our fingers tightly in the hope Adeloye or McInroy dig us out a hole again. 

0-1 or 1-1. 

If Dunfermline and Queens win midweek, The atmosphere on Saturday could be arse clenching. 

Think Tomi really needs to be starting this one even if he isn’t 100% fit. I’d also go with Bryden also starting but in McKenzies role. I think with him being subbed of in the last two games and that making the difference will have made Bullen consider his position in the starting eleven. Kenyon to come back in for Daire as well.

Ashfords suspension is up so I think Bryden will be back on the bench, praying that Dempsey is fit we look a different team when he plays, if he's not fit play Kenyon

2-1 Ayr only because generally we seam to play better against teams closer to the top than bottom. 512dd0f0eaf2e32801c2e04c6678ac03.jpg

I’m between a couple of different options for this game, if Dempsey is fit I would line up with our best midfield three and with Maxwell and Ashford out wide. Kenyon in for an injured Dempsey and it would be Ashford and O’Connor out wide supporting Tomi. f**k knows what Bullen will do though. 

Genuinely tempted with Fjortoft at RB, or Muirhead and Baird back into the team. Probably don’t want to f**k too much with the centre half pairing at this point though. In fact, Maxwell is possibly even worth a shot there. 

Edited by No_Problemo

I’m between a couple of different options for this game, if Dempsey is fit I would line up with our best midfield three and with Maxwell and Ashford out wide. Kenyon in for an injured Dempsey and it would be Ashford and O’Connor out wide supporting Tomi. f**k knows what Bullen will do though. 

Genuinely tempted with Fjortoft at RB, or Muirhead and Baird back into the team. Probably don’t want to f**k too much with the centre half pairing at this point though. In fact, Maxwell is possibly even worth a shot there. 

Reading at RB? Sure when he signed it was mentioned he could play on both sides. In fact I thought that was maybe Hopkin’s plan when we signed Maxwell.

I’d be tempted to get Muirhead to f**k if we’re mixing up the defence tbh. I’m not keen on Baird but Muirhead has been utter gash in recent weeks and for as poor as Houston was on Friday I don’t think he was helped by Muirhead putting him under pressure with shite passes and then berating him afterwards.

Surely Bullen will be going for this with it being a home game and considering the two games after that. A win would go a long way and I'm sure he'll be wanting to  take a bit of the pressure off the next two if we can get 3 points here.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reading at RB? Sure when he signed it was mentioned he could play on both sides. In fact I thought that was maybe Hopkin’s plan when we signed Maxwell.

I’d be tempted to get Muirhead to f**k if we’re mixing up the defence tbh. I’m not keen on Baird but Muirhead has been utter gash in recent weeks and for as poor as Houston was on Friday I don’t think he was helped by Muirhead putting him under pressure with shite passes and then berating him afterwards.

It’s difficult - Reading could be an option too but you don’t want to move things around too much as we have been mostly okay ish defensively.  I just think we need to do something there as Houston has been a different level of shite numerous times in the last couple of months (with sporadic good performances) Muirhead was poor the other night at times, but I wouldn’t be for dropping him at the moment. Houston is constantly under pressure when he receives the ball tbf, if he doesn’t have someone to immediately pass to (regardless of how much time he has) he just panics like f**k!

ETA, it’s just frustrating we didn’t actually give Rowe a chance before his injury. Especially as during his cameo against Partick he looked miles in front of Houston. Many of us thought that was the end point for Houston as a starter, but it just never materialised and Rowe was barely seen again. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Shoehorn Moffat into the team from the start. He doesn't need too run about his football brain does that for him .if you watch mcinroys goal from Fri night Moffat shouldered the Hamilton player out the road too set up that zinger .

Also arguably changed the game the previous week .

4-3-3 for me, Baird and McGinty as centre half’s, Maxwell and Reading full backs, Dempsey (Kenyon if he’s out), Murdoch and McInroy as midfield 3 with Ashford and O’Connor either side of Adeloye.

If Houston or McKenzie starts we riot. 

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Think Ayr are safe, so hopefully we can scrape a win which will give good momentum going into the Killie game for an Ayrshire double.

Scrappy 1-2

Not a chance we’re safe yet. We still have both Dunfermline and QOS to play away from home. If Dunfermline win tomorrow night and we lose on Saturday we are going up to EEP where a win for them takes them above us.  If QOS fail to win on Friday night I’d say we’re almost safe of 10th. 

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Think Ayr are safe, so hopefully we can scrape a win which will give good momentum going into the Killie game for an Ayrshire double.

Scrappy 1-2

Good try with your “oh you’s are safe” lulling us in to a false sense of security pish.