Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

What does this mean?

It's normal for any AGM to be open only to the members (if a club) or shareholders (if a company).

Do you think there was some skullduggery involved?

I'm led to believe there is no legal obligation on clubs to have open AGMs, dozens are doing it.

Doesn't sit right but happens.

Edited by Johnny Sox

10 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

What does this mean?

It's normal for any AGM to be open only to the members (if a club) or shareholders (if a company).

Do you think there was some skullduggery involved?

I believe there was a meeting with no balance sheets handed out .

23 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

The park is on lease from the council and it remains to be seen if everything is paid for or it is owed to Gall/Brownings the bakers, there’s no way of telling as I believe it was a closed shop agm. If the money is legally owed back the club is fucked.

The park would have been handed over to Darvel (if they wanted it )  like all the other like facilities in East Ayrshire. EAC transferred most of them to the community a few years back.The Sports centre in Darvel and pitch being one such facility transferred. There will be clauses though such as you can't just sell it for housing. I assume the pieman now owns  the club and probably him and his family are the only shareholders. Hence why there is no balance sheet. If he goes the pitch and facilities will still be there for a Darvel team to play on. At what level though is a different matter 

On 27/04/2023 at 08:14, Shanner said:

Why do the folk who clutch their pearls when anyone criticises Darvel act like they have no idea why people dislike them? 

All the outrage and mouth frothing is coming from people who are acting like Darvel are involved in genocide instead of just trying to buy success for a football club.

2 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

The park would have been handed over to Darvel (if they wanted it )  like all the other like facilities in East Ayrshire. EAC transferred most of them to the community a few years back.The Sports centre in Darvel and pitch being one such facility transferred. There will be clauses though such as you can't just sell it for housing. I assume the pieman now owns  the club and probably him and his family are the only shareholders. Hence why there is no balance sheet. If he goes the pitch and facilities will still be there for a Darvel team to play on. At what level though is a different matter 

Interesting that the local authority just transferred ownership of the ground to the Club for no price or consideration-are you sure that’s the case.

Also didn’t realise Darvel was a limited company and visible at Companies House re shareholding etc.When did they convert from an unincorporated association ie a club to a limited company?

2 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Interesting that the local authority just transferred ownership of the ground to the Club for no price or consideration-are you sure that’s the case.

Also didn’t realise Darvel was a limited company and visible at Companies House re shareholding etc.When did they convert from an unincorporated association ie a club to a limited company?

EAC transferred the sports centre,the football park at Newmilns, Hurlford community centre and countless other pitches and community centres to whoever wanted to run them. I would think recreation park would be no different but I suppose you could e mail the council and find out if they had transferred it to the football club. They haven't been responsible for the upkeep for years now and I doubt very much they would want it. As for the football club you would need to ask the pieman if he owns it. It's under his stewardship and it's his money ( supposedly) that's keeping it afloat. 

John Gall, Mick Kennedy and the Darvel players have acted arrogantly since Gall and Kennedy got involved. 

There have been statements made on here that the players aren’t there for the money. We’ll find out if that is true. 

It can hardly be a surprise that fans of other clubs will revel in their demise.

Kennedy’s departure is interesting. The Tier 5 Conference is allegedly coming and the SFPL are going to force it through even if it means setting up a separate corporate structure to avoid a vote. There will be Lowland League teams involved. East Kilbride are likely to be one of them. 

Being relegated into that league makes it easier for former senior league clubs to be promoted. 

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

All the outrage and mouth frothing is coming from people who are acting like Darvel are involved in genocide instead of just trying to buy success for a football club.

And acted like utter arseholes for two solid seasons while doing it...

anyone who has looked in this thread will be well aware that It's mostly people correctly calling them wankers, etc,  at the various times where that's  what they've behaved like over the course of the last 24 months or so.  

It's all fairly run of the mill and mundane football rivalry stuff. 

Feel free to give Darvel all the pity and sympathy you want but let's have all the fanboys drop the pretence that they don't understand why people dislike Darvel. 

1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

EAC transferred the sports centre,the football park at Newmilns, Hurlford community centre and countless other pitches and community centres to whoever wanted to run them. I would think recreation park would be no different but I suppose you could e mail the council and find out if they had transferred it to the football club. They haven't been responsible for the upkeep for years now and I doubt very much they would want it. As for the football club you would need to ask the pieman if he owns it. It's under his stewardship and it's his money ( supposedly) that's keeping it afloat. 

I think that was done because all of these were under the councils upkeep, The football club were on a long term lease and still were 2 years ago, regarding being a plc the only one I can see is reference the old Darvel Juniors which was defunct many years ago.

16 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Another absolute dire 90 minutes , like a pre season friendly and the quicker the season is over the better , huge job for a new manager coming in  cause looks like most of the players don’t want to be there 

Got to agree by the looks of that today and the last few weeks no pride 

Just now, Darvel legend said:

Bottom line is all went Pete tong since mick Left , would we have won the league ? In all probability no but im pretty certain we would have beat Rob Roy and an under strength hurlford and kept the pressure on beith 

Some of the results before he left were really bad,  in-fact that’s when the league was lost, not after he left.

6 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Bottom line is all went Pete tong since mick Left , would we have won the league ? In all probability no but im pretty certain we would have beat Rob Roy and an under strength hurlford and kept the pressure on beith 

I think the wheels came of after the Aberdeen game and my opinion is they never got the money they were expecting as I said just my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

He left because he knew the league was gone. If you were top or still had a realistic chance he would still be there and left at the end of the season

4 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

He left because he knew the league was gone. If you were top or still had a realistic chance he would still be there and left at the end of the season

Correct. As soon as the interview opportunities went, so did he.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

According to his statement on fb  he wanted to Leave at the end of the season and we did still have a chance of the league then and ever since all that’s happened is players dropping off the scene every other week , the goalkeeper the latest today not to be seen who’s been outstanding since he came to the club and probably never gave a minutes hassle to the staff in his 4 years here