Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, GIRUU said:

You really want to cause mischief and damage to the club don’t you. Showing your true colours when you keep spreading the same 💩 despite not being able to back it up.

- Under most constitutions committee members can only be changed by resolution or AGM. Let us know if any of those apply or have happened. If not, or if the constitution is different to the above, then that is wrong.
- John was at the last home game and there has been no statement so that’s wrong.
- QTS are not your issue? Well why make it one? It was you that said they were away and they have not, so still wrong.
- You sound like a disgruntled ex player because why would players continue to play if they were not being paid. First it was not being paid at all, now it’s partially paid, which one is it? Again, why would players continue to give their all and keep winning with no money. Do t make sense.
- well if you have financial issues you can’t pay the bills and that would be an obvious sign if there was no power.

Cut the conspiracy, get behind your team, and stop the 💩 spreading.

An EGM I am looking for not an AGM. 

Just because someone still goes to games doesn't mean he is involved plus at the time of the last home he was still in charge, I believe it was Thursday/Friday last week he told the committee and manager. 

My point about QTS not being my issue was relating to them releasing a statement, that isn't my issue. We should be hearing first hand from the club what is going on, not relying on a sponsor to update? Don't think that is much to ask the club, do you?

Players are under contract so they can't down tools, also they will be keen to keep playing hoping for another move they won't do themselves any favours downing tools. Within there contract they signed for talking sake £200/week, that is what is beng paid, there would also have been an agreement for talking sake of £100/week under the table and a signing on bonus of £x. What is being paid to the players is what is writting in their contract with the promise of sorting the rest out. 

Rangers, played and kept operating as normal until they were in administration, just because lights are on doesn't mean bills are being paid etc...this is no different to personal finances, you can run up debts even when you have run out of money. 

You obviously know better than me so I’ll leave it at this as you must have more knowledge and inside information.

- An EGM can be called by the season ticket holders in line with the constitution I guess. You have already said that you are not a season ticket holder so you wouldn’t be notified anyway.
- If the club hasn’t issued a statement saying the committee has changed, then it hasn’t.
- if the club hasn’t issued a statement saying there is a change in sponsor, then it hasn’t.
- I’ll take you at your word that you know all about what wages people are on, what contracts people are on, what they get paid through the bank, in cash, bitcoins, free pies etc, and what internal briefings are going on. 

Like I said, you must know more than me so I’ll stop now but if there are any issues (and I don’t listen to rumours and I believe comments) then the club will make comment when they do. But what they probably need most is you to get behind the team instead of taking cheap shots with information you don’t actually know!

It was a very good win against a team capable of taking points off the top teams albeit they were very poor today but that was probably down to us , can’t remember big Andy having a save , now a big game next Saturday against in form st cadocs 

34 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

It was a very good win against a team capable of taking points off the top teams albeit they were very poor today but that was probably down to us , can’t remember big Andy having a save , now a big game next Saturday against in form st cadocs 

Al wait and get the full lowdown from Rhubarb

Certainly no complaints from me. Other than perhaps a 10 minute spell we very much dominated the game. Benburb are a very strange team, looking at their results a very difficult team to predict, they get some good results then have some stinkers. 

3 points, Clydebank scrapping a draw means if, and that is a big IF, we win our games in hand we go level on points. No secret I am not Tony's biggest fan however I think under the circumstances he has done a great job, we are on a decent run at moment. 

Think being honest that is the first time we have taken close to 50 away fans to a game for a while which is encouraging to see and can't be a one off. I'm not unrealistic to expect travelling crowds like Pollok, Talbot, Clydebank etc...however we need to give a good account of ourselves. 

We need to hope for a bit of luck on the injury front to keep us challenging at top, I counted on Saturday 18 players (not including the development boys) 

On 18/01/2024 at 18:48, GIRUU said:

Strangely enough there’s been no change in Darvel structure or board reported or confirmation from QTS but hey ho rumours abound . . . .

Rumours you say? There is now a statement, are you happy to believe me now. 

33 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Rumours you say? There is now a statement, are you happy to believe me now. 

I don’t know what statement you are reading but I’ve just went and read it and it says nothing about changes this season and nothing about QTS. Only that next season he won’t take the lead so it’s good planning.

but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy

54 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

I don’t know what statement you are reading but I’ve just went and read it and it says nothing about changes this season and nothing about QTS. Only that next season he won’t take the lead so it’s good planning.

but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy

So are you saying I wasn't right about JG? 

Do we know what debt etc...the club will be left in? 

Players like Leishman and G Wilson still on high wages for another full season. Syme signed up until 2026, can't see him not being on good money either. Can we sustain the wages without a money man? I would imagine Syme has signed up inorder to cash in on him. Leishman and Wilson won't merit a transfer fee nor would they move as they won't get same money else where now. 

Do you welcome past committee members back in that had been there through difficult times. Or does the likes of John Bonnar, Stevie Gilmour and Stuart Wilson, yes men for Gall stay when times are hard. 

46 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Players like Leishman and G Wilson still on high wages for another full season. Syme signed up until 2026, can't see him not being on good money either. Can we sustain the wages without a money man? I would imagine Syme has signed up inorder to cash in on him. Leishman and Wilson won't merit a transfer fee nor would they move as they won't get same money else where now. 

Do you welcome past committee members back in that had been there through difficult times. Or does the likes of John Bonnar, Stevie Gilmour and Stuart Wilson, yes men for Gall stay when times are hard. 

Yes I’m saying you are not right. Get a grip and stop living in ☁️ cuckoo land. You make a lot of assumptions that you couldn’t possibly know. Bringing peoples names into it is just lower than low. Don’t know if jb is a yes man but he’s certainly one of the guys that go down there daily to check the pitch roll it and look after it. Worth his weight in gold, rather than you bitching from the sidelines. By the looks of it John is stepping back from day to day running that’s all. And from your last comment you must be a bitter old committee member. And as you said you were not a season ticket holder, why would you be welcome back? Support the team, concentrate on the facts and stop the constant 💩 throwing and get a grip man. It’s embarrassing now.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

One out of ten rumours you have spouted has came to fruition….well done. Infact I’m sure you said John Gall has left already, maybe you don’t understand the statement put out by the club. Looks to me as if he’s still there until the end of the season no? 

You’ll find out at the AGM in summer about all things moving forward and the clubs financial position…. You will be invited won’t you? 

How do you know who is on big money or not, are you involved in the clubs finances? Don’t know if you’ve maybe not been watching the past few weeks or maybe the majority of the season actually, maybe too busy writing pish on here but G Wilson would walk in to any team in the premier division and there’s a few more years left in him, Leishman would as well. 

how do you know that Syme maybe wants to ply his trade at Darvel, he’s the captain, looks to be enjoying his football, to say that he’s signed a new deal to cash in on him is another silly comment. 

Certain past committee members shouldn’t be near the place, even on a match day. That includes you, your daft pal and the rest of the hangers on. These committee members you’ve named have probably done more for the club in recent years than you ever will. 

Edited by ClubFan87

1 hour ago, ClubFan87 said:

One out of ten rumours you have spouted has came to fruition….well done. Infact I’m sure you said John Gall has left already, maybe you don’t understand the statement put out by the club. Looks to me as if he’s still there until the end of the season no? 

You’ll find out at the AGM in summer about all things moving forward and the clubs financial position…. You will be invited won’t you? 

How do you know who is on big money or not, are you involved in the clubs finances? Don’t know if you’ve maybe not been watching the past few weeks or maybe the majority of the season actually, maybe too busy writing pish on here but G Wilson would walk in to any team in the premier division and there’s a few more years left in him, Leishman would as well. 

how do you know that Syme maybe wants to ply his trade at Darvel, he’s the captain, looks to be enjoying his football, to say that he’s signed a new deal to cash in on him is another silly comment. 

Certain past committee members shouldn’t be near the place, even on a match day. That includes you, your daft pal and the rest of the hangers on. These committee members you’ve named have probably done more for the club in recent years than you ever will. 

Well said that man 👏 👏 

Whatever anyone says JG has been good for Darvel !  on the condition that the club are not in debt and the facilities they have are all theirs and that they have money in the bank to fulfil the players and staffs contracts, if so then Id say well done..
Anyone who comes in with money for any club will eventually finish with the club, money wise but clubs with money men aren't always successful, they need the right management, committee, staff etc.. to all come together and push the club on.  Has Darvel been successful?  Majority on here will say defiantly not, I however will say yeah, they are considered a premier league team now, (for how long though, haven't  clue) and they have given, what i term is the biggest shock in Scottish Football with the Scottish cup win over Aberdeen. 

I still remember Darvel as being one of those Ayrshire teams that you'd expect to get an easy 3 points from but changed days,  will they go back to that level, don't know but I can't see them going any higher from where they are now so eventually as the fan base isn't that big, they could teeter in the future with relegation but they have sponsorship in place for the next 5 season so they have to be in a good place

3 hours ago, GIRUU said:

Well said that man 👏 👏 

Let's not be kidded, players went to Darvel for one thing and that was money...we are not a club rich in History nor a club with a big following. David Syme signed purely for money. G.Wilson was retiring yet we offered him a 2 year deal. Leishman is past it however still a good keeper. 

Looking at the squad and who is out of contract in summer and available for pre-contract discussion, I think Syme is one of the few assets. 

So past committee members that kept the club afloat during hard times then ditched by JG for not agreeing don't deserve the credit of operating the club on a shoestring budget for years? 

I will have no issues with JG walking away leaving the club debt free and financially stable, if that is the case fair play to him. If on the other hand he leaves us in debt that is different.  

Time for many small sponsors not just one or two big ones. 

Think that shows your true colours in calling our captain a money mercenary. You clearly think you could run the club better and know everything budgets, contracts, management wise. Get behind the team and forget about moaning about committees of the past. It’s the future you should be thinking about but still the same 💩 chucking. Committee members past, present and future should always be appreciated, not shouted abuse at because it suits your personal agenda. Shame you won’t get to choose any of your past committee members with no season ticket and no AGM invite but at least your happy.

I will have no issues with JG walking awayleaving the club debt free and financially stable, if that is the case fair play to him.

Aye right, slating the guy from pillar to post does not sound like you have no issues. You clearly do. But you will forgive him - bless you - I’m sure that’s means a lot. Why don’t you just wait and see what happens instead of spouting nonsense and conspiracies, get behind the team you claim to support. Show what a true fan would do and give support. Owners / chairmen / figureheads will come and go but sour grapes appear to be everlasting. The team needs you 👏 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Whatever anyone says JG has been good for Darvel !  on the condition that the club are not in debt and the facilities they have are all theirs and that they have money in the bank to fulfil the players and staffs contracts, if so then Id say well done..
Anyone who comes in with money for any club will eventually finish with the club, money wise but clubs with money men aren't always successful, they need the right management, committee, staff etc.. to all come together and push the club on.  Has Darvel been successful?  Majority on here will say defiantly not, I however will say yeah, they are considered a premier league team now, (for how long though, haven't  clue) and they have given, what i term is the biggest shock in Scottish Football with the Scottish cup win over Aberdeen. 

I still remember Darvel as being one of those Ayrshire teams that you'd expect to get an easy 3 points from but changed days,  will they go back to that level, don't know but I can't see them going any higher from where they are now so eventually as the fan base isn't that big, they could teeter in the future with relegation but they have sponsorship in place for the next 5 season so they have to be in a good place

That sounds like common sense, we can’t have that here, only ranting and rumours, and mischief making allowed, you should be ashamed of yourself. 🤣