Darvel FC Thread

15 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

So if you put money into a  club you have total control? The committee are there to raise issues if they feel that money is being spent too quickly or too much is being spent then it is right they raise it. If it was the case of JG put money in so he decides then no point in a committee, or you are left with the one we have of yes men that nod and agree.

A club must have a committee constitutionally, one would have thought.

12 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Well said my man. Certainly hit the nail on the head with ex committee men. Liked telling the Pieman how to spend his money but took the huff when he decided different. Doubt any of them lifted a hand at any work that was  needed done yet there puppet on here asking what guys who actually contribute to the maintenance of the pitch etc bring to the club.We all know who Rhubarbs puppet masters are and he's silly enough to be the fall guy for them. I take it there will be a mad rush of sponsors and others volunteering there services now the Pieman is away. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting 

Ive read some nonsense on here but that takes the biscuit , I wasn’t going to reply but for the avoidance of doubt see the guys who left 

one was never away from the place cutting the park while the rest of the boys helped him when he couldn’t do it 

another supplied a load of the materials for the new dressing rooms and Keir white  suite 

and another supplied the paint and also painted new dressing rooms , keir white suite and the terracing as well as barriers around the park and you know what that’s what committees do up and down the country week in week out 

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

On what basis do you say this? Only a few weeks ago Clydebank fans were on here saying, in so many words, that you had saved up over the last few seasons and were now splashing the cash this season in a push to get up.

We've gone and bought Craig Truesdale - a player we tried to get from Rob Roy and had a deal but Darvel paid him more. Mulcahy re-signed and Connor Greene signed on a free. That's it since last summer. Truesdale was a big fee ( for us ) but it's an investment.

Generally speaking, we have a decent reputation for treating players well. They get paid on time, we have a good management team and a decent support for our level. We try hard to supply more than just a weekly wage and are fair to players when they move on. Most players at this level have regular jobs and for a lot they want to enjoy their football. That's an attraction. 

Re other budgets. I know what ours is ... managers and players speak to each other. I'd like other sources of income and we're working on that as it'll become a more limiting factor as clubs like Drumchapel and Johnstone Burgh come into the reckoning. In meantime, we do our best to work to get more resource and promotion would be a big help there ( big ask still ). 

5 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

We've gone and bought Craig Truesdale - a player we tried to get from Rob Roy and had a deal but Darvel paid him more. Mulcahy re-signed and Connor Greene signed on a free. That's it since last summer. Truesdale was a big fee ( for us ) but it's an investment.

Generally speaking, we have a decent reputation for treating players well. They get paid on time, we have a good management team and a decent support for our level. We try hard to supply more than just a weekly wage and are fair to players when they move on. Most players at this level have regular jobs and for a lot they want to enjoy their football. That's an attraction. 

Re other budgets. I know what ours is ... managers and players speak to each other. I'd like other sources of income and we're working on that as it'll become a more limiting factor as clubs like Drumchapel and Johnstone Burgh come into the reckoning. In meantime, we do our best to work to get more resource and promotion would be a big help there ( big ask still ). 

Fair enough. I wasn't having a dig at Clydebank. It's a fair strategy to have. Bugs me though when people try to speculate about budgets in comparison to others as it's total guesswork.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Fair enough. I wasn't having a dig at Clydebank. It's a fair strategy to have. Bugs me though when people try to speculate about budgets in comparison to others as it's total guesswork.

It's not totally speculation but I'll grant I don't have perfect knowledge 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

6 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

So if you put money into a  club you have total control? The committee are there to raise issues if they feel that money is being spent too quickly or too much is being spent then it is right they raise it. If it was the case of JG put money in so he decides then no point in a committee, or you are left with the one we have of yes men that nod and agree.

Certainly as the president and own personal money being put it, whoever was in that position would have the final say. That’s what you and your pals didn’t like and threw the dummy out the pram. 

Again you don’t know if the current committee agree on everything with JG, nor do you know if JG has came up with something and the committee have disagreed and it’s not went through. It is all guess work and what ifs with you. These are not facts you are coming out with. You are not involved with the club/committee/finances in any capacity and that goes for all the clubs you think you know what you’re talking about. 

Like Jimbaxters said above there needs to be a committee. So why would JG entertain a committee full of people like yourself that do nothing but bring the club down at any given opportunity. 

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Ive read some nonsense on here but that takes the biscuit , I wasn’t going to reply but for the avoidance of doubt see the guys who left 

one was never away from the place cutting the park while the rest of the boys helped him when he couldn’t do it 

another supplied a load of the materials for the new dressing rooms and Keir white  suite 

and another supplied the paint and also painted new dressing rooms , keir white suite and the terracing as well as barriers around the park and you know what that’s what committees do up and down the country week in week out 

All of that good work was outdone with the way you and your pals acted before, when yous got shown the door and still to this day. 

I’ve said it many times on here, the club is a better place without yous and the terraces would be an even better place if you never came back. 

Obviously something has went on previously for everyone to fall out but what I will say is don’t come in here and say previous committee were great because they cut the grass and painted the walls - and then in the next breath say the current committee are bad when they are cutting the grass and painting the walls (like the people who you named which was very very wrong imho). It’s like for like. Did anyone in the current committee go round spreading 💩 before, stop people spending money, bring the club down at every opportunity, personally have a go at people, and say everything is rubbish. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t. But don’t have ago at people working their socks off now - doing exactly what you said you did previously - and you were brilliant but they are rubbish. They must have supported the club before JG got involved but if they didn’t 💩 stir like you do, then they have more class and they will be respected more.

Remember JG said he was leaving the day to day stuff at the end of the season? Does that mean you will be available to cut the grass and paint the walls again DL & Rhuby? You can’t nominate a new committee as you won’t be at agm so that would be a good way to show support surely??

4 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Remember JG said he was leaving the day to day stuff at the end of the season? Does that mean you will be available to cut the grass and paint the walls again DL & Rhuby? You can’t nominate a new committee as you won’t be at agm so that would be a good way to show support surely??

Wouldn’t let them near the grass out my back door 

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

image.png.0c9c713e27c9fad52fd7b0085208482b.png

The Talbot are coming to get you!

Auchinleck have been quietly putting together a very good run of results.If they had started the season that way they would be right up at the top challenging but all credit to Tommy Sloan in working away at things.In the meantime at Lok we are disappearing without a whimper and just continuing to falter in games.Poor stuff after a start that promised a lot.

No post match interview this week...are we getting one?

Not sure the effect the statement had on players this week as their futures now look unsure. I am told there is enough money to see them to the end of the season but that is it. 

I am sure @GIRUU and @ClubFan87 will be waiting in the wings to help us through this tricky period, after all they aren't just here since money started to be thrown about. 

8 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

No post match interview this week...are we getting one?

Not sure the effect the statement had on players this week as their futures now look unsure. I am told there is enough money to see them to the end of the season but that is it. 

I am sure @GIRUU and @ClubFan87 will be waiting in the wings to help us through this tricky period, after all they aren't just here since money started to be thrown about. 

Does not look like we will get one and I think we should get one regardless of the result.

Now the players futures are unsure, how do you work that out? Just enough money to see the season out Jesus Christ, Again another lot of nonsense to come out with. I’m sure you posted saying QTS paid for their 5 year sponsorship extension in one go so that’s a lot of money to burn through is it not? Contradicting yourself again. You’re full of shit looking to stir the pot that’s all you’re doing, you know absolutely nothing about any of the clubs you talk about. 

Players can have off days, and that’s exactly what it was. 1 defeat and 1 draw in 6 league games isn’t a disaster and throw a few cup game wins in there too. There will be a lot of dropped points across the division before the season is done. 

16 hours ago, ClubFan87 said:

Does not look like we will get one and I think we should get one regardless of the result.

Now the players futures are unsure, how do you work that out? Just enough money to see the season out Jesus Christ, Again another lot of nonsense to come out with. I’m sure you posted saying QTS paid for their 5 year sponsorship extension in one go so that’s a lot of money to burn through is it not? Contradicting yourself again. You’re full of shit looking to stir the pot that’s all you’re doing, you know absolutely nothing about any of the clubs you talk about. 

Players can have off days, and that’s exactly what it was. 1 defeat and 1 draw in 6 league games isn’t a disaster and throw a few cup game wins in there too. There will be a lot of dropped points across the division before the season is done. 

Just checking if you've wiped the end of you nose yet, has the Darvel revolution and 5 year plan been a success? Has the promise of the self-sustainable club been a success? Is one proper trophy in 8 years good enough for money we spent? We never went up to the prem as champions, JG bullied his way there over threats of legal action. 

I am sure one day you'll wake up and smell the roses, I just hope you stand by the club at that point and all of a sudden you don't become too busy at work or any of the other convenient excuses? 

Let's wait and see how many of the current committee are going to roll up their sleeves after this season, surely as "Darvel fans" they wouldn't walk away? Would be strange if all of a sudden they walk despite not being there hanging to JGs coat tails.....

I will wait and see how many of the ones that slated the old guard remain at the club when the money is gone. 

In terms of money from QTS, even if it is paid in one go which was meant to be the case before suggestions they were pulling out, the burn rate of the club for player wages per week is over £6k plus all the associated employment costs so looking closer to the £8.5/9k cost for players, bear in mind we only have a squad of 17 now so you can imagine what it was at it's height, that is before paying training costs, pitch maintenance costs, other staffing costs etc...without a doubt £100k is a lot of money if it was paid however the rate of our spend in comparison to what we bring in is crazy. 

It is a fact that we are not a well supported team, I am envious of the like of Talbot, Pollok, Beith, Clydebank etc...for the number of fans they can generate at games. Take Clydebank and Pollok out the equation as geographically they have a more dense population however in terms of population are we as a village much different to Talbot or Beith?

12 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Just checking if you've wiped the end of you nose yet, has the Darvel revolution and 5 year plan been a success? Has the promise of the self-sustainable club been a success? Is one proper trophy in 8 years good enough for money we spent? We never went up to the prem as champions, JG bullied his way there over threats of legal action. 

I am sure one day you'll wake up and smell the roses, I just hope you stand by the club at that point and all of a sudden you don't become too busy at work or any of the other convenient excuses? 

Let's wait and see how many of the current committee are going to roll up their sleeves after this season, surely as "Darvel fans" they wouldn't walk away? Would be strange if all of a sudden they walk despite not being there hanging to JGs coat tails.....

I will wait and see how many of the ones that slated the old guard remain at the club when the money is gone. 

In terms of money from QTS, even if it is paid in one go which was meant to be the case before suggestions they were pulling out, the burn rate of the club for player wages per week is over £6k plus all the associated employment costs so looking closer to the £8.5/9k cost for players, bear in mind we only have a squad of 17 now so you can imagine what it was at it's height, that is before paying training costs, pitch maintenance costs, other staffing costs etc...without a doubt £100k is a lot of money if it was paid however the rate of our spend in comparison to what we bring in is crazy. 

It is a fact that we are not a well supported team, I am envious of the like of Talbot, Pollok, Beith, Clydebank etc...for the number of fans they can generate at games. Take Clydebank and Pollok out the equation as geographically they have a more dense population however in terms of population are we as a village much different to Talbot or Beith?

😂😂😂 rich coming from you hanging out Mr Wylie’s arse. from where the club was to now I would say there was success there. Silverware not been good enough I think we can all agree on that. JG bullied his way to league champions? That’s a new one. 

Let’s wait and see how many are there, I don’t think any of it is down to money, what do they gain if there is money being spent? Nothing? 

Here we go again, you are now a master of the payroll f**k me. You do not know the rate of spend, you do not know what each player earns per week, you do not know what it costs to rent training facilities, you do not know what it costs to switch on the floodlights, you do not know what it costs to buy a pie off brownings. Everything is guess work. The sad thing is there is people on here that take these stories you come up with and run with them Infact the saddest thing is you believe the very shite that comes out your mouth. If you keep going and keep going with stories it will stick won’t it A? 

Edited by ClubFan87

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I keep forgetting your run the payroll for the club. Oh wait . . . . More 💩.

You don’t have any more clue than I do as to what the wage bill would be. Granted I don’t know if it is £10k per week or not but I would find that unlikely. And you certainly do t know either with those figures.

Edited by GIRUU
Amend

More name calling. But I certainly saw them working at the last game. Were you? 

Considering the guys still train at Bonnyton and I’m sure the U20s had to go there recently as well, I don’t think they was an issue paying the bill despite your attempts to make it look that way.

I keep saying it but why  let the truth get in the way of more 💩. Training facilities keep taking the team, players still getting paid I presume, and the leccy still on. That’s all I need for the moment to believe things are getting paid.

you we’re laughed at on money issues. Yeah because it looks like 💩 if everything is ticking over.

I don’t think anything about the wages except they must be getting paid - as not for me to guess at people’s livelihoods. Everyone fights for their own money.

and now golf club and financial irregularities brought into it. Is there no end to your shame? Can’t make one conspiracy stick so let’s try another one?

7 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I do however appreciate the effort guys like him put in over the years. They are proper Darvel men through and through. 

Can’t believe you actually took time out of your day to type that 🤣🤣🤣