Darvel FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

See the bit in bold ?

Does that not just mean that a ticket must be issued to you when you're entering the ground, rather than that the game will be "all ticket" purchased in advance ?

Correct.

5 hours ago, GIRUU said:

N.B. Admission tickets must be issued and the away club and the SJFA Representativemust check the starting-finishing numbers and supply gate checkers.

It's ridiculous that this needs to happen and clubs can't be trusted to deal with the receipts honestly but I guess experience shows they can't always be. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

It's ridiculous that this needs to happen and clubs can't be trusted to deal with the receipts honestly but I guess experience shows they can't always be. 

Someone from the SJFA should go and supervise it. Not like they have a lot else to be doing 

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Correct.

Don’t think anyone mentioned advance tickets were mandatory, just tickets. Music and comedian gigs are sold years in advance because they know it will sell out. No secret there. Imagine if 30,000 people turned up to the Glasgow hydro on the night wanting to pay cash with only 1 steward on because no advance sales? Get a grip. If anything it costs the clubs money to do tickets for printing and credit card fees  so I’m guessing it’s not just down to the clubs this is coming from. Next someone will moan it took ages for a pie because there was not enough staff on. Can’t win either way but like I said I don’t think this is from any of the semi finalists, probably the association if they have changed the procedures.

if a club is required to plan for a bigger that usual crowd is it not good planning to sell tickets before the game to get a projection for catering and stewarding. Seems logical to me - so I’m probably wrong - and the tinfoil hats are right.

if it’s a sell out and it probably will be then selling tickets in advance makes perfect sense for planning, paying up front costs, and reduces the risk of cash theft on the night.

But why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy!!

2 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Don’t think anyone mentioned advance tickets were mandatory, just tickets. Music and comedian gigs are sold years in advance because they know it will sell out. No secret there. Imagine if 30,000 people turned up to the Glasgow hydro on the night wanting to pay cash with only 1 steward on because no advance sales? Get a grip. If anything it costs the clubs money to do tickets for printing and credit card fees  so I’m guessing it’s not just down to the clubs this is coming from. Next someone will moan it took ages for a pie because there was not enough staff on. Can’t win either way but like I said I don’t think this is from any of the semi finalists, probably the association if they have changed the procedures.

if a club is required to plan for a bigger that usual crowd is it not good planning to sell tickets before the game to get a projection for catering and stewarding. Seems logical to me - so I’m probably wrong - and the tinfoil hats are right.

if it’s a sell out and it probably will be then selling tickets in advance makes perfect sense for planning, paying up front costs, and reduces the risk of cash theft on the night.

But why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy!!

Whats the capacity at Darvel?

Hearing semi final isn't going to be all ticket it is a mistake/misunderstanding on behalf  of our committee. They have misunderstood that tickets should be issued means match tickets, it is counting ticket issued at turnstile so the SJFA can have an accurate count of people coming in. 

No split between home and away this season either. 60% to SJFA from both gates and 40% to home side no share of opposition home gate this season. 

Fingers crossed game is on this weekend, unsure what the current issues with the park is given the money that has been spent on it over the past few years. Historically the pitch was a heavy one however this has dramatically improved in recent years. I know the contractor had made a mistake in the initial install and works had to be redone. My concern going forward is that if the investment has been made in it and we are having issues when there is any significant rain fall then it is only going to get worse over time. 

I have no clue the cost to install the new pitch however I would imagine it was a pretty penny. I don't think after a couple of seasons we should have issues with drainage etc...

Unsure how often we are still bringing the contractor back in to do regular maintenance etc...however I am hoping the pitch isn't returning to how it was pre JG installing new pitch. My concern was giving the reputation KRR/Cumbernauld Utd pitch is, it went ahead no issues against  Talbot at weekend. Our pitch last season was far superior to Cumbernauld Utd's yet theirs was on and ours wasn't.