Quiz.

Guest Bully Wee For Me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope - Garry Bollan has never played in a final. However, I think he has a record of playing in Europe with four different clubs.

Garry Bollan has indeed played in Europe for four different Scottish clubs (St Johnstone, Rangers, Dundee United and Livingston) but it's not a unique record if that's what you meant.

There are another three I think as I've been asked this before. They were:-

Billy Thomson (St Mirren, Dundee United, Motherwell and Rangers)

Billy Kirkwood (Rangers, Dundee United, Raith Rovers and somebody else, can';t remember. It was either Motherwell or Hearts)

Ian Ferguson (Dundee United, Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers)

Duncan Ferguson

And after 43 posts in this thread, the correct answers is finally outed! Duncan Ferguson played for Dundee Utd in the 1991, then for Rangers in the 1994 final. A rather good question, I thought - I've got a similar one for English Cup finals.

And after 43 posts in this thread, the correct answers is finally outed! Duncan Ferguson played for Dundee Utd in the 1991, then for Rangers in the 1994 final. A rather good question, I thought - I've got a similar one for English Cup finals.

Wait your turn. Its my go.

Which club holds the British record for the number of goals scored in one league season. How many goals & which season?

Guest Ruggy Bairn

An excellent question K38jfb ;)

Guest Se Draca
Ok then - which club, when it joined the Scottish League, was granted entrance to the top division rather than the bottom one?

Queen's Park ?

Guest Se Draca
Just as a quickie till me Telefunken comes back name the nine British teams starting and ending with the same letter. And Glasgow Celtic does not count.

Liverpool

Northampton Town

York City

Aston Villa

Charlton Athletic

East Stirlingshire

Dundee United

East Fife

Kilmarnock

Celtic should count

Guest Se Draca
I know its an old one, you should have let some of the others struggle a bit longer, and not show your smartarsedness ;)

I'm surprised I got there first. I would have thought it would be on someone's cut-n-paste list :lol:

Guest Se Draca

Another quickie - a nice easy look up

Third Lanark have the unfortunate distinction of being the only team to have won the top-flight and gone out of business.

Which clubs have won Scotlands second flight but are no longer in the SPL/SFL?

Archived