Motherwell: European Vacation 2022

Swello

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

What’s the story with the wee Footy Adventures YouTube guy? Seems he got hunted out of Fir Park last night. Normally people are pleased to see him, although he’s a total Jonah when he films at Douglas Park.

Anyway, still a 2nd leg to go. 

Who and what is this?

27 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Who and what is this?

If you aren't familiar with him, you should be as he does some outstanding content, much of it Scottish (as he now lives in Scotland).  Apparently he was made to feel very unwelcome by some Motherwell fans and had to leave the game early.  Fast forward to about the 13:00 mark to see his comments, he was very polite about it but you could tell he was really disappointed

22 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Not a fan of folk recording themselves at the fitba.

Still I wouldn't be an arse to these guys.

To be fair to the young fella, he doesn’t really film during the actual games. His content is more about build-up to games, stadiums and club history etc.  He is about the only one of those “content creators” who is worth watching. I enjoy his stuff. 

On 21/07/2022 at 22:06, Mark Connolly said:

Don't fucking lump us in with that shite tonight.

At least we will be getting pumped out by someone half decent

Motherwell and Killie made a fool of the SPL.

I just hope we can go out in a blaze of glory...dare i say like St Johnstone...

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You obviously realise that you would be saying the exact opposite if Aberdeen were in Motherwell’s shoes.

Aye, but Motherwell are much better than the Dons, after all, they qualified for Europe...

21 hours ago, Bob 1872 said:

How the hell are motherwell not beating a team like sligo it's so poor.

Because we are no great shakes ourselves. We had played no competitive games to their 25 ! Because we have CB that constantly makes game changing mistakes. Lots of reasons actually. 

Sligo are not a great side but they are fit and very competitive. They were compared to a lower top flight side or more likely a higher end Championship side (by Davie Irons that did some scouting for us). Motherwell have lost plenty times to lower League opposition especially early in the season. Airdrie only last year in the League cup group stages. 

I looked back at some of their past forays into Europe. In 2014 they beat Rosenborg 2-1 in Norway and we’re leading 1-0 in Ireland. So 3-1 up against the most successful team in Norway. They eventually lost 3 goals to lose 4-3 on aggregate. Hoping something similar happens this midweek 🙏. But I have my doubts…..

Edited by welldaft

On 24/07/2022 at 09:44, welldaft said:

I looked back at some of their past forays into Europe. In 2014 they beat Rosenborg 2-1 in Norway and we’re leading 1-0 in Ireland. So 3-1 up against the most successful team in Norway. They eventually lost 3 goals to lose 4-3 on aggregate. Hoping something similar happens this midweek 🙏. But I have my doubts…..

Well if that group of players have been playing together for the last 8 years then it's no wonder they're well drilled 😇