There was a coo

As someone has said some lads still need listed as trialist. Good workout and worthwhile exercise tonight. Doc with a hat trick and Sam newman with another wonderful goal.

Good clean sheet and this is with Paul mclean missing due to a small injury and gregor jordan the same. Aaron dunsmore missing as well. Unfortunately daryl and Greg macpherson had to go off during 1st half so hopefully they won't be injured for an extended period. So a few injuries already but hopefully small issues and nothing long term.

There is 2 or 3 players agreed to come in who can't b announced or formalised due to this new sfa system. Hopefully get 1 or 2 announced soon.

What a shambles this new Comet system appears to be. I saw the Uni Of Stirling sarcastically listing their 1-11 and all subs as Trialists as they are not properly registered.

Heard the same story with grassroots youth football as well.

Sounds like a solid start tonight.

9 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

As someone has said some lads still need listed as trialist. Good workout and worthwhile exercise tonight. Doc with a hat trick and Sam newman with another wonderful goal.

Good clean sheet and this is with Paul mclean missing due to a small injury and gregor jordan the same. Aaron dunsmore missing as well. Unfortunately daryl and Greg macpherson had to go off during 1st half so hopefully they won't be injured for an extended period. So a few injuries already but hopefully small issues and nothing long term.

There is 2 or 3 players agreed to come in who can't b announced or formalised due to this new sfa system. Hopefully get 1 or 2 announced soon.

Injuries already. Goodness me. 

On 08/07/2024 at 18:33, Kelheart said:

How did Lyall Brown get on ? Top scorer for Dundonald under 20s last season and a Kelty boy 

Away to Ormiston Primrose in the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup.

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Away to Ormiston Primrose in the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup.

Absolutely brilliant draw, close to me  and I love the wee ground. And a lad I work beside plays for the Primrose, so will be noising him up between now and then. 😆

A couple of times I’ve seen Primrose, been impressed by a young striker they have, think his name is Pol Adrian. He is very slight, but a skilful wee player.

19 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Absolutely brilliant draw, close to me  and I love the wee ground. And a lad I work beside plays for the Primrose, so will be noising him up between now and then. 😆

A couple of times I’ve seen Primrose, been impressed by a young striker they have, think his name is Pol Adrian. He is very slight, but a skilful wee player.

A new ground for me!

Just need Coldstream, Hawick, Linton Hotspur and Stoneyburn to complete the EOSL after that.

Edited by cowdenbeath

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

A new ground for me!

Just need Coldstream, Hawick, Linton Hotspur and Stoneyburn to complete the EOSL after that.

It’s basically an amateur level set up. Nice wee spot though next to a recently built play park and skate park. Decent wee community in Ormiston and a wee pub for a pint before. 

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

It’s basically an amateur level set up. Nice wee spot though next to a recently built play park and skate park. Decent wee community in Ormiston and a wee pub for a pint before. 

Aye my pals been next to their old one I should really have had these remaining grounds ticked off.

Sure former Cowden player Dave McGovern is involved with them,

Looking forward to today's game but only 13 fit players really and 3 of them are trialists. Few niggles so won't be risked. Have to put fusco on bench at age 43 what a guy... not ideal but 2 or 3 loans we have agreed can't get done due to this absolute bombscare of a new system so causing havoc with pre season plans.

Hopefully no more knocks or injuries today please and thank you.lol.

Mon the coo

Have to admit to being a wee bit surprised that Pabs hasn’t pulled in a couple of ex-Stirling players @NELLY 1. Most notable that is still without a club, is Kieran Moore, who would be an excellent signing.  Travel is possibly the problem for the lads that are available as they are possibly west coast based.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Have to admit to being a wee bit surprised that Pabs hasn’t pulled in a couple of ex-Stirling players @NELLY 1. Most notable that is still without a club, is Kieran Moore, who would be an excellent signing.  Travel is possibly the problem for the lads that are available as they are possibly west coast based.

Yeah kieran would be good but as u say travel and money the issue lol....

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Think he signed for Drumchapel anyhow

12 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Hmm.

As Nelly indicated pre game quite a few boys out and new loans unable to play. Not the end of the world a depleted squad narrowly losing out to a decent Dunbar side.

8 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Looking forward to today's game but only 13 fit players really and 3 of them are trialists. Few niggles so won't be risked. Have to put fusco on bench at age 43 what a guy... not ideal but 2 or 3 loans we have agreed can't get done due to this absolute bombscare of a new system so causing havoc with pre season plans.

Hopefully no more knocks or injuries today please and thank you.lol.

Mon the coo

Your harsh on Fusco he's only 42.

Harsh on fusco he's 42 ok but mental age 18 lol.

Tough game today but was always going to be Dunbar are a good team with good players. We had some boys out but no excuses don't think we played at all well. You could see a few boys jaded and tired but couldn't bring on fresh legs as we had none!.

Danny swanson helping us out today and he showed some good moments. Should get 3 or 4 back for next week as well as hopefully 2 new loan signings over the line.  That allows the manager to give boys mins/,rest and ultimately give more options.

We have a game Tuesday at spartans ground vs Lothian thistle then Friday night vs whitburn.

On 12/07/2024 at 16:36, cowdenbeath said:

A new ground for me!

Ormiston Primrose played for many years at a ground next to the new park. It had an old fashioned pavilion which is now demolished so unfortunately you missed out on that. 

coldA.thumb.jpg.ef265135041f5c3e04b8d16c6b0252ab.jpg

Coldstream: nice view. It used to be just a roped off pitch but they did improvements and have a wee stand in one corner.
beach10.thumb.jpg.6132e5e4f313fb1ab5a012c49e1fd0be.jpg

Stoneyburn: it's behind a housing scheme but there's not much to the village of Stoneyburn so hard to miss. Notoriously swampy pitch! 

hawick.jpg.efbceb009ad1b7775389ca9d9696865d.jpg

Hawick: There's a bar at the back of that stand! Which meant it was a favourite ground for City fans. Tight pitch. 
lh10.thumb.jpg.7681d82fd347301491ae19b75b68a9c3.jpg

Linton Hotspur. Say nae mair! 

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Ormiston Primrose played for many years at a ground next to the new park. It had an old fashioned pavilion which is now demolished so unfortunately you missed out on that. 

coldA.thumb.jpg.ef265135041f5c3e04b8d16c6b0252ab.jpg

Coldstream: nice view. It used to be just a roped off pitch but they did improvements and have a wee stand in one corner.
beach10.thumb.jpg.6132e5e4f313fb1ab5a012c49e1fd0be.jpg

Stoneyburn: it's behind a housing scheme but there's not much to the village of Stoneyburn so hard to miss. Notoriously swampy pitch! 

hawick.jpg.efbceb009ad1b7775389ca9d9696865d.jpg

Hawick: There's a bar at the back of that stand! Which meant it was a favourite ground for City fans. Tight pitch. 
lh10.thumb.jpg.7681d82fd347301491ae19b75b68a9c3.jpg

Linton Hotspur. Say nae mair! 

Aye I knew Ormiston had moved no idea why I never went before, been in Coldstream but not at the ground and as you say about Linton say no more😀