There was a coo

31 minutes ago, PELE said:

The early talk of top 6 was laughable. We will be battling relegation playing like that. As Dave mentioned though, the injuries are going to seriously derail us. I don't like criticising, but we desperately need a keeper. We have been blessed with good keepers most seasons, but that was awful today. 

I thought Josh was excellent against Tranent, but he was all at sea today, particularly in the second half. He was extremely fortunate not to concede a really embarrassing goal, was up the other end, but didn’t look good from where we were.

One goalie I really like is Jay Cantley who I believe is only on a short term deal with East Stirling.  He was excellent in both games for Gala against us last year.  If you like you keepers really tall, then Jay is not for you, but he’s a terrific shot stopper and for a youngish lad he’s not scared to give his defenders a regular bollocking. 

Injury ravaged certainly, but still a bit disappointing. Some of the trialists looked ok but I don't suppose we can afford to sign any. Strollers were poor we were poorer but the ref was by far the poorest. Josh did look really shaky today but he wasn't the only one.Plenty late pressure but we couldn't find an equaliser against those time wasting injury feigning bs. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

The early talk of top 6 was laughable. We will be battling relegation playing like that. As Dave mentioned though, the injuries are going to seriously derail us. I don't like criticising, but we desperately need a keeper. We have been blessed with good keepers most seasons, but that was awful today. 

The injuries are probably the main cause of today's downfall after midweeks excellent performance. 

Going forward for the next lowland game we must pull out all the stops for the full 3 points.

Very poor day.

We might see Lynch come into the team on Wednesday. 

Someone calling for Gary Fusco to be playing on Facebook 😂 He'd still be better than Guiney though - he's so far away for the level required. 

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I really hope the rumour going around the cowden end about a certain key player being sold isn’t true. Will hamper us massively

Away to Bonnyrigg I hear.

I have not heard any rumours and am not ‘in the know’ with anyone, so that is not exactly a surprise.

After an already depressing day of football yesterday, this is not exactly helping, so unless anyone wants to put a name out there could we leave the rumours out until something official?

If something comes to pass I trust that it is part of a wider plan and the club wouldn’t let anyone leave without a replacement being sourced, if not it is very worrying. 

40 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I have not heard any rumours and am not ‘in the know’ with anyone, so that is not exactly a surprise.

After an already depressing day of football yesterday, this is not exactly helping, so unless anyone wants to put a name out there could we leave the rumours out until something official?

If something comes to pass I trust that it is part of a wider plan and the club wouldn’t let anyone leave without a replacement being sourced, if not it is very worrying. 

Yeah I dont mind sharing as is only a rumour and not official but robbie mcnab to bonnyrigg

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Yeah I dont mind sharing as is only a rumour and not official but robbie mcnab to bonnyrigg

I would be pretty f**king raging if this is true. If Calum wanted Robbie he should have made his move as soon as the season was over, not 2 weeks into the new season when we are already threadbare, and sourcing any sort of equivalent replacement will be almost impossible.

Be nice if Robbie honoured his contract, but I can appreciate his situation that he may want to make the most of every opportunity that comes his way, even though Bonnyrigg are honking.  Hopefully just an enquiry/rumour that comes to nothing.

Calum likes to take players but doesn't hang around himself. He has zero loyalty to a club. You can understand Robbie looking to progress but Bonnyrigg will eventually drop back to the Lowland league. 

I had also heard he had been looking at Matty.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good to hear!

Another laddie from Falkirk signed up, this time on a permanent basis. Central midfielder. Apparently played as a trialist recently. That's good. We don't half need the bodies at the moment. 

25 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Another laddie from Falkirk signed up, this time on a permanent basis. Central midfielder. Apparently played as a trialist recently. That's good. We don't half need the bodies at the moment. 

He played on Saturday.

The Robbie rumours seem to be persisting, mentioned over on the Bonnyrigg thread a couple of times.

Let’s see if he is at Stirling tonight. I’m making the assumption he’s gone/going I’ll be very happy to be wrong.