There was a coo

1 minute ago, PELE said:

Get a grip. The front of shirt sponsor will not make a penny from sponsorship of Cowden. They know that full well. If they were meticulous with every pound spent on advertising the business, they wouldn't go near sponsoring a Lowland League club. I was only stating a personal preference. You guys do an amazing job for club, but you are a bit over touchy 🙂.

Not touchy at all just had considerable experience in this area over a number of organisations and sectors.

However sponsors do not sign up unless they perceive potential value. For local small businesses that may be one or two orders they would not have otherwise had to give return depending on their market. One thing they will want  their money is brand awarenees, hence why we offer presence on interview backdrops etc.

Now this "a lot of fans " were free to sponsor the shirt individually or collectivelily anonymously with no name /brand on the shirt to acknowledge them   at the same level or or better that the shirt sponsor.  To the best of my knowledge no such submission was made. Perhaps one to think about for next season.

The whole brand and marketing and sponsorship area is and will be going forward critical for the sustainability of the club as is your and the support and  the support of fanns overall.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

The new top would look really good without the big red and blue sponsor on the front. Wonder how easy it is to remove 🙂.

Definitely would look more like a training top, them subtle blue stripes being more visible is smart though!

Collier might be doing some good stuff behind the scenes though!

Worth keeping them displayed on your front though! ;)

3 hours ago, PELE said:

The new top would look really good without the big red and blue sponsor on the front. Wonder how easy it is to remove 

I think the logo blends into the top overall. I've certainly seen worse sponsor logos on shirts of various clubs over the years, Rochdale once had a watering can😀

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

As someone who managed to get 3 sponsors on board I think they are bothered. They are parting with cash to support the club with very little in return if anything. I think their logo on the shirt (the product we are actually selling is key!).

Very good signing in Matty Mcdonald. A midfielder with quality and an eye for goal. He scored 2 very good goals against us last season!!!.🙈..  the one at Central Park especially was a cracker.

You done well getting these new sponsors on board.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Get a grip. The front of shirt sponsor will not make a penny from sponsorship of Cowden. They know that full well. If they were meticulous with every pound spent on advertising the business, they wouldn't go near sponsoring a Lowland League club. I was only stating a personal preference. You guys do an amazing job for club, but you are a bit over touchy 🙂.

Maybe dosn't make a big difference money wise to them but its good for their PR profile by sponsoring a local club in their community.

5 hours ago, PELE said:

The new top would look really good without the big red and blue sponsor on the front. Wonder how easy it is to remove 🙂.

This is a terrible statement. Do you want our main front of shirt sponsor to change their company colours just because you disapprove of it? This company have paid a great amount of cash not just this season but the last couple for front of top sponsorship we should all be grateful to collier.

24 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Any news on todays friendly?

Cowdenbeath won 2-1, compared to the first pre season game last year it was 100 times better.

Very watchable for a pre season game, wad played to a high tempo throughout which was good considering the stage of the season and it was warm.

Good run out for the lads. Knew they had a wee session this morning could tell boys were leggy, first game impressed by jack duncan at the back, jamie doc when he came on aswell as butterworth wingers than can take on a full back and beat them. Mcpherson reminds me of sinky puts in a great effort a live wire pulls centre halves out of position. Happy with the game never look to much into friendlies.

Rosyth made that very tough today, a lot of pressing and very physical. Loved to leave something in on every challenge!

You can see some of the qualities in the new signings! Tait had an alright game and loved to get forward, definitely a big step up for him, we need a Newman in there!

Scott walker had a cracker, until he got a hacheted! Ol Kev dog looked pretty handy up front.

A little bit of gelling and bit more chat at the back and we are onto a cracking season. 

2 defenders and an extra goalie will do!

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

15 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Rosyth made that very tough today, a lot of pressing and very physical. Loved to leave something in on every challenge!

You can see some of the qualities in the new signings! Tait had an alright game and loved to get forward, definitely a big step up for him, we need a Newman in there!

Scott walker had a cracker, until he got a hacheted! Ol Kev dog looked pretty handy up front.

A little bit of gelling and bit more chat at the back and we are onto a cracking season. 

2 defenders and an extra goalie will do!

Robbie McNab was missing yesterday, on hols maybe ?

Josh Jack and Danny Farrell too

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Robbie McNab was missing yesterday, on hols maybe ?

Josh Jack and Danny Farrell too

Did you managed find our who was the right back was?

We definitely got width in the squad! The pitch yesterday was reasonably narrow!

7.30pm draw for rounds 1 + 2 (no clue where to watch live).

First two rounds are drawn from the North East pot. Round 3 there will be no regionalisation.

I'd take Rosyth/HoB at home or if its an away draw Burntisland/Lochgelly 

Screenshot_20230625_141158_Chrome.jpg