There was a coo

Recent results have been disappointing but we have to be realistic. EK are the finished article and I really hope they go up, don't want them in this league next year. Stirling uni are very fit and fast with some talented players and deserved to be in front. I was pleased with the way we fought back and with a bit more luck we would have got a draw. I think we took a lot of  teams by surprise at the start of the season and once they got wise to our style it became more difficult. There's no doubt some players from has shaded a bit but we just have to keep plugging in till the end of the season . we have the basis of a good team. With the addition of two or three decent signings, but I suppose every team is saying that.

I expected cowdenbeath to be doing alot better than they are considering the players and finance. I would of expected top 6 this year and push on next year for a challenge. 

you will still have the viaplay money for next season but i just cant see cowdenbeath getting promoted and if that doesnt happen i can see you struggling

dont like any fife team struggling but no money coming in and crowds going down its no looking promising 

2 hours ago, Anychance said:

I expected cowdenbeath to be doing alot better than they are considering the players and finance. I would of expected top 6 this year and push on next year for a challenge. 

you will still have the viaplay money for next season but i just cant see cowdenbeath getting promoted and if that doesnt happen i can see you struggling

dont like any fife team struggling but no money coming in and crowds going down its no looking promising 

No Viaplay probably likely next season 

2 hours ago, Anychance said:

The crowds have held up better than you might have expected following the drop to the LL, of course gate money will be down due to lower admission prices than in the league days.

Not sure what you mean about no money coming in.  I challenge you to find a supporter base of our size that contribute more to the club financially in different ways than Cowdenbeath fans do, so there is money coming in, but I expect our outgoings on non-player related things are very likely the highest in the LL.

52 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No Viaplay probably likely next season 

Surely we can just vote in favour of Colt teams in the league and guarantee our place in the cup like last year?

👀

11 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The crowds have held up better than you might have expected following the drop to the LL, of course gate money will be down due to lower admission prices than in the league days.

Not sure what you mean about no money coming in.  I challenge you to find a supporter base of our size that contribute more to the club financially in different ways than Cowdenbeath fans do, so there is money coming in, but I expect our outgoings on non-player related things are very likely the highest in the LL.

You have hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. Central Park is a massive drain on the clubs resources. It’s a decrepit old stadium and unless things have changed, Cowdenbeath FC will be paying a large rent to use it, be paying hefty utility bills and have to pay for its upkeep and repair. 

The only way that Cowden could ever make any significant progress would be to find a new, more suitable home and that is pie in the sky unfortunately. 
survival at mid to low level LL is as good as it’s likely to get from now on. 

Great 3 points,  the welcome from the Club, excellent as always. 

On the other hand a number of the home supporters really let the club down. Some of the vitriolic comments were a disgrace.  We all want our team to do well, but calling out ' hope that's your cruciate done  "  shameful. 

Tremendous effort from the ten men. If we show that attitude and application every week we could be right up there next season. It all got a bit overheated at times, not helped by some eccentric refereeing. The two benches didn't help either. Cowden player elbows EK player and is immediately sent off by the ref so why all the ranting and raving from the visitor's bench? Both management teams going ballistic over throw ins on the halfway line. They can hardly complain if their players lack discipline. The referee wasn't very good, but he doesn't have an easy job.

10 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Tremendous effort from the ten men. If we show that attitude and application every week we could be right up there next season. It all got a bit overheated at times, not helped by some eccentric refereeing. The two benches didn't help either. Cowden player elbows EK player and is immediately sent off by the ref so why all the ranting and raving from the visitor's bench? Both management teams going ballistic over throw ins on the halfway line. They can hardly complain if their players lack discipline. The referee wasn't very good, but he doesn't have an easy job.

Lots of very valid points. The sending off was not an elbow. Looking forward to the replay.

Agree the referee wasn't very good,  both ways. The full time on the benches was 1 yellow each, not good but correct. 

The ballboy incident wasn't a push, just another despicable situation where children are being  put in danger by adults telling kids to disrupt the game. Happening all over , needs to be addressed,  which I will be asking my Club to do so.

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Agree the referee wasn't very good,  both ways. The full time on the benches was 1 yellow each, not good but correct. 

The ballboy incident wasn't a push, just another despicable situation where children are being  put in danger by adults telling kids to disrupt the game. Happening all over , needs to be addressed,  which I will be asking my Club to do so.

"Put in danger" ?? Agree frustration can result in a reaction that is not normal but it can't be done unfortunately. Mick Kennedy did recognise this but should have done this before his team scored. Anyway all the best for the remainder of the season and please go up so the other teams are left with more opportunity for promotion. 

Edited by silkybeath

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Great 3 points,  the welcome from the Club, excellent as always. 

On the other hand a number of the home supporters really let the club down. Some of the vitriolic comments were a disgrace.  We all want our team to do well, but calling out ' hope that's your cruciate done  "  shameful. 

Really ?

High and mighty when your player manhandled a Ballboy.?  Shows the standard of the refereeing in this league when that is allowed unpunished.

I didnt personally see it but I’m told by good sources your GK coach tried to grab our player trackside as he was heading to the tunnel after being sent off. Hope the Club video catches it and send it to SFA beaks,

Also, the old stand is for away fans but the EK jackets brigade seem intent to occupy the home stand and try to rile up the home fans so maybe the comment (if made) was in response to that, especially the fat guy who occupied 3 seats on his own and couldn’t shut up and watch the game for trying to rile anyone he could.

1 hour ago, ekok said:

It wasn’t a push ?

What was it then ?

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

"Put in danger" ?? Agree frustration can result in a reaction that is not normal but it can't be done unfortunately. Mick Kennedy did recognise this but should have done this before his team scored. Anyway all the best for the remainder of the season and please go up so the other teams are left with more opportunity for promotion. 

Put in danger because a thug in a Football shirt might assault him. Logic EK style !