The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Very well done to the club here... current members and season ticket holders can get kids season tickets (15 and under) for a tenner. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/young-spiders-season-tickets-for-only-10/

Fantastic news. My son already has a season ticket (free this year as a renewal) but at that price I will be getting one for my daughter who only comes to occasional games.

It’s a step in the right direction and, at long last, a sign that concerns are being listened to. Prepared to accept that in good faith. I still think the £50 per ST outside of this offer to ST holders and members is a touch on the steep side when other clubs in the league are going free on that front. However, you’d hope that the free tickets to schools might sweep up that particular problem for people unable to afford it. 

4 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Very well done to the club here... current members and season ticket holders can get kids season tickets (15 and under) for a tenner. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/young-spiders-season-tickets-for-only-10/

This subject, raised by a member, was discussed at some length on the night of the recent EGM with a handful of members pressing the point. It seemingly was a shock to the President who committed to taking it back to the Marketing team. It’s those members who deserve the applause. 

I appreciate the way the message has been announced doesn’t leave room for doubt it’s a club initiative, but it wasn’t. 

26 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This subject, raised by a member, was discussed at some length on the night of the recent EGM with a handful of members pressing the point. It seemingly was a shock to the President who committed to taking it back to the Marketing team. It’s those members who deserve the applause. 

I appreciate the way the message has been announced doesn’t leave room for doubt it’s a club initiative, but it wasn’t. 

I wonder if this was intentional regardless of how the President reacted at the EGM. Space at Lesser was severely limited, so they really couldn't afford to make it too appealing at least initially! 

Still think the price could be better but it's a step in the right direction.

3 hours ago, QP MAD said:

Give the surrounding schools an option to buy the discounted season tickets….might make it easier for a family to come and watch. We have 52000 seats. 

As someone who works in schools. There isn’t the money for it! However, tickets for schools… with 52,000 seats to fill: why not offer them for free? Not like they’ll need to hire substantially more stewards. May lead to an uptake in attendances next year. 

17 minutes ago, an86 said:

443AFDD9-6E02-40FE-A65A-8055DB3E6558.jpeg.bd8a15cee74331aff5f6c3f4e45380c5.jpeg

I’m spotting a bit of an issue with the newly designed bucket hats on sale…

In theory there’s someone at the club responsible for checking these things - the apostrophe in Queen’s Park - the J. B McAlpine Pavillion sign, the year our club was founded on the hat. 

Too many ‘little mistakes’ are adding up together. If you’re not capable of doing your job, should you be in that job? 

The club are desperate to score own goals at this stage. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

443AFDD9-6E02-40FE-A65A-8055DB3E6558.jpeg.bd8a15cee74331aff5f6c3f4e45380c5.jpeg

I’m spotting a bit of an issue with the newly designed bucket hats on sale…

QP Direct have replied to the podcast's tweet about this apologising, admitting it was them who made an arse of it and not the club.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

QP Direct have replied to the podcast's tweet about this apologising, admitting it was them who made an arse of it and not the club.

Credit for the quick response to the outcry on twitter, but you’d think that the club must have some form of ‘once over’ on designs. 

14 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Huge fan of a claim of responsibility being communicated to an affiliate group of the club, like some sort of terrorist organisation.