The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Dave said:

I genuinely think if I could go back in time I'd be voting for remaining amateur and dossing about the Lowland League than being this much of a f**king embarrassment. 

The away days would be class, and Lesser would be acceptable. 

Yep. Anyone looking in and thinking “you’ve gone up two leagues and are still moaning” has missed the point of Queen’s Park and how the fans think and feel.

If Haughey put something on the table to pull his funding and leave a clean slate, I’d be sorely tempted to take it. I really don’t care what league we play in. It’s never been about that. 

Embarrassing stuff 😳 but not really unexpected. Really continues to highlight the amateur stewardship of the club in the professional era.  Not being a member nor happy to return to where we were, guess I have no choice but to suck it up.

20 minutes ago, standman said:

As a Morton fan, what’s the actual reason Hampden can’t get used?

Does anyone know?

What’s to stop Queens Park using it too when there’s no fixture clash?

No-one really knows, but I'd guess it's because Rangers don't want that lovely new pitch being torn up by lower league dross like us
Whenever you talk to an old firm fan about the situation, qp/championship clubs are a non-issue, so I'd guess the Rangers board and SFA have the same attitude

1 hour ago, standman said:

Does anyone know?

There is nothing to stop us using Hampden on this particular occasion, as Rangers are away from home that day and if crowd figures quoted earlier are true it is disgraceful what we are doing. At the next QP AGM members will have to make sure that heads will role.

1 hour ago, standman said:

Does anyone know?

Just to embellish a little on other comments...when QP had "a deal" with the SFA (questionable if anything is in writing) it was the SFA's responsibility to replace the pitch after the events (a couple of concerts I think where all the revenue went to the SFA) at Hampden over the summer. It was a six week relay programme and then the international fixtures and then we we were to return as per our fixture list after 5th September. Similar to last season. When Rangers came along, they committed to relaying the turf but had a company who could do it in a couple of weeks. This extra period not only covered their league games but the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. Hence the fury they are out already. Apart from the prize money, they now have to pay for a pitch without the extra income from at least one more round of the CL. Meanwhile, QPFC with their usual business acumen and attention to small print "ripped up" the current agreement and walked away from it all. So as mentioned earlier, Rangers (who use real lawyers who know about clauses and such) will have rightly told us to FO. The SFA will turn their heads away 'cos they don't want to pay for the pitch.

These are the same people who on a weekly basis for half a season lied to the fans when we were at Stenny because they booked us into a ground that already had two teams in the SFA pyramid playing there and had to keep making excuses which are very similar to their guff today. So we're the spare wheel again. I wouldn't be surprised if we asked to do a fixture swap with Morton and you also told us to FO. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

10 minutes ago, lavvyheid said:

strong stuff from Aberdeen re QP fans going to game tomorrow. 

they must have us mixed up with that ground sharing mob from govan  😂.

😂 guess we have a reputation for  forging tickets and rushing security barriers. Explains the Hampden / Lesser security checks I suppose 

Edited by mcjameos

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Always remember Callum was "delighted" to be able to help Rangers

I suspect that he was repeating a line fed to him by the committee although he was rather too enthusiastic for my taste. In the meantime the committee continues to duck and dive instead of coming clean with the supporters and other Championship clubs about the real situation vis a vis Hampden. The reasons given in their statement regarding moving the Morton game just don't stack up when anyone can see that there is no fixture clash or build up of games at that particular time.

We "ask" to move the game from Hampden to Lesser on a weekend that Rangers aren't using the place and it will (a) reduce our crowd (b) reduce Morton's support, (c) severely reduce our income and (d) further damage our PR all round...if that is possible.

Seriously?

Pish.

2 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

They must be delighted to have “eased the uncertainty” in the fixtures…

Tell us what the feck is happening rather than have this game by game nonsense. "Eased the uncertainty" - we thought we were playing at Hampden.  No uncertainty.

Looking at our Morton friend's key fixture list above it looks as though there was no obstacle to QP v Morton game going ahead at Hampden. The Ayr game could be more problematic as the weekend it is scheduled to take place is also League Cup quarter final weekend followed by the Europa League in midweek. Both of these dates could be Rangers home games. And Queen's could also be in the next round of the League Cup after we take care of Aberdeen tomorrow.

I have a feeling that the committee are doing this on a game by game basis possibly to hide the fact that they know that we are out of Hampden for a considerable time but nevertheless have sold season tickets and hospitality packages on the basis that games would be at Hampden.

4 hours ago, an86 said:

If Haughey put something on the table to pull his funding and leave a clean slate, I’d be sorely tempted to take it. I really don’t care what league we play in. It’s never been about that. 

Except when QP members unnamimously voted to end the club's amateur status as they were terrified of dropping into the Lowland League.

14 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Except when QP members unnamimously voted to end the club's amateur status as they were terrified of dropping into the Lowland League.

Except what the members were told at the time is that Queen's Park would rely on part time footballers, paying basic wages to players and probably look to establish as a League 1 club, with the actual incentive being that as a professional club we could offer professional terms to youth players which meant they could no longer be poached for nothing.

The Queen's Park of 2024 is not the one that was proposed to the members in 2019. And that is where the anger amongst the support comes from, as well as the things that have happened off the park along the way.