The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Edinburgh City at home in the SPFL Trust Trophy; can't complain too much about that.

if it's at Lesser it will be funny to see some old Brake Club members who are now on our committee lording it in the Royal Box!

At least the City defence won't be the worst players ever to have graced that pitch in a City shirt... that was me! 

55 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The B team beat Pollok 8-2 tonight, played some lovely football despite the awful weather.

Good game.  Some fast attacking football and some tasty challenges from both teams (lost count of the yellow cards).  Our number 3 Aiden McGinlay a stand out for me.

Edited by Velvet Donkey

18 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Good game.  Some fast attacking football and some tasty challenges from both teams (lost count of the yellow cards).  Our number 3 Aiden McGinlay a stand out for me.

Thought 10 Max Fiddes? was excellent too, Pollok were chasing shadows for the last 15 mins very enjoyable!

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

At least the City defence won't be the worst players ever to have graced that pitch in a City shirt... that was me! 

There's a photo of you in the reception area of the royal box celebrating that very fact.

Noticeably McGinlay has been a regular on the bench this year. I’m hopeful given the supposed clamour from English clubs trying to sign him that he’s able to get some first team minutes this year.

Given he’s only just made it to the B team from the u18s I think that may just be 10-15mins from the bench but any minutes would be good for him.

Was at Newlandsfield last night and it was worth the fiver. As with the Rovers game at Cliftonhill, I thought we played some really nice stuff. Hopeful that the fans get an opportunity for a look at the B team on a semi-regular basis. Have always thought Pollok on a pre-season Saturday at Newlandsfield was a no-brainer in terms of pulling a decent crowd.