The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Byekick said:

Morton tickets finally available, though I'm getting 'No Available Package' on any free seat I select, so I guess I'm not going then. Deep sigh. This club...

Home Ticket Availability – Queen’s Park v Greenock Morton – Saturday, September 14 | Queen's Park Football Club (queensparkfc.co.uk)

There was an update put out this morning. 

It’s still very early days for McLeish but I’d imagine the head coach might have been a wee bit disappointed with his misfiring on Sunday. EC are currently fourth bottom of the entire Scottish League and are averaging two goals lost per game so far. But perhaps the excitement of his first start brings in that lack of composure that really only gets fixed with experience. The big keeper was arguably the man of the match. 

We’re going to struggle for a while yet as players continue to improve. Who remembers a kiddy called Jack Thomson and his clown shoes a few years ago? And now! Not having a hitman (although I note every club Rudden played with label him as a Striker)will choke us. But to be fair to the club, there was less than 500 QP fans there. If we were regularly getting crowds like Thistle it would be different. But we’re not. Regular readers will know I’ve little time for the bumbling committee/s but we are where we are until that side of the club changes too.

Support the players and the coach. You can’t blame the kids for the sins of their fathers. Bring on the ‘Ton.

21 hours ago, behindthelens said:

Thank you! I hadn't taken from the way the statement was written that supporters could _only_ purchase tickets in person or over the phone. All sorted, thanks to the incredibly helpful front desk 🙌

Three Celtic youth games at Lesser, on top of the Scotland training sessions, while the women’s team play at Stenny. Time to rip up both these agreements and find alternative income streams. No other club on the planet would prioritise two other football teams over their own.

I realise it must be nice for people within the club to meet Brendan Rodgers, Scott McTominay etc. but they’ve had their fun. Our club and our teams have to come first at all times. We used to be fairly well respected across Scottish football, but the attitude is now something between disdain and laughing stock. It’s all down to how we conduct our business. It’s so demeaning and I find it hard to believe that people within the club can’t see that. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Three Celtic youth games at Lesser, on top of the Scotland training sessions, while the women’s team play at Stenny. Time to rip up both these agreements and find alternative income streams. No other club on the planet would prioritise two other football teams over their own.

I realise it must be nice for people within the club to meet Brendan Rodgers, Scott McTominay etc. but they’ve had their fun. Our club and our teams have to come first at all times. We used to be fairly well respected across Scottish football, but the attitude is now something between disdain and laughing stock. It’s all down to how we conduct our business. It’s so demeaning and I find it hard to believe that people within the club can’t see that. 

Queen’s Park youth teams have been refused use of Lesser previously too.

The academy of the team Haughey supports is more important.

55 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Didn't realise Scotland under 21s was a triple header. Guess we'll be without Murray again on Saturday? 

I don't think they play again until next month, where are you seeing that? He went off at half time the other night so I just assumed he'd be back and ready to go (unless that was due to an injury, which would be a very Queen's Park thing to happen).

24 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I don't think they play again until next month, where are you seeing that? He went off at half time the other night so I just assumed he'd be back and ready to go (unless that was due to an injury, which would be a very Queen's Park thing to happen).

thought I'd seen a tweet punting tix for a game tomorrow - a quick google (which would have helped an hour ago) tells me I'm talking shite. 

8 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

thought I'd seen a tweet punting tix for a game tomorrow - a quick google (which would have helped an hour ago) tells me I'm talking shite. 

And perhaps not for the first time?

6 hours ago, an86 said:

It's an appalling way to treat the club. We have a a part built , inadequate stadium, we are playing at someone else's ground, and there appears to be no plan to build a fit for purpose stadium for the first team. What we have is not able to be used by the women's team although the B team seem to be settled at Lochinch. Just what is Lesser Hampden for - can we sell it to Celtic/Scotland and build a stadium for ourselves?

What are our committee actually doing on this matter? What's the long term plan?

6 hours ago, an86 said:

Are you sure "we" are conducting our business? 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Just had this sent to me - some good points made but £60m for Hampden! A cool deal.

Think of the Royal Box they could have built for £59m (leaving a token £1m for pleb accommodation). Some points in the video were fair enough, especially on lack of club shop and crazy food prices. Can't argue with the overall impression of crapness of the stadium.

5 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Just had this sent to me - some good points made but £60m for Hampden! A cool deal.

Sorry folks I'd just pocketed the 50 odd million pounds, do you think the club actually needs it or can I keep it?