The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Some laugh, eh? Potential title decider, and there could be only about 600 fans or so in. Brings me back to the COVID play-offs versus Killie.

What's the problem? Surely as a massive club Dundee are winning titles and cups all the time. It must get boring. 

16 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

What's the problem? Surely as a massive club Dundee are winning titles and cups all the time. It must get boring. 

I was more making comment at it also potentially affecting QP fans without season tickets, as you'd think your team would at least want as big a home crowd as possible for this game if it ends up meaning anything. Just seems like one big 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' situation considering the potential money for the Spiders as well as the Dundee fans' reputation for getting easily frustrated.

Must be a strange concept for you lot though, the idea that an actually decent amount of people caring about one of your results.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

35 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

This is the problem with money men pumping money into wee teams. They can't cater for the public demand higher up the leagues. 

Would be a joke if this game is played infront of a half full stadium.  

I suppose by that logic you'd be fine with Dunfermline giving half of East End Park to Celtic for example, if you only sold around 6k tickets for a game against them? After all, it would be a joke if a game like that were played with a load of empty seats.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

I suppose by that logic you'd be fine with Dunfermline giving half of East End Park to Celtic for example, if you only sold around 6k tickets for a game against them? After all, it would be a joke if a game like that were played with a load of empty seats.

We would give Celtic half the ground yes.

A title decider  should be watched by as many people as the ground can safely allow. Full stadiums should be encouraged. 

Teams like Queens throwing cash about to get up the leagues as quick as they can with no infrastructre to remotely satisfy public demand is not to be appauded in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Well yeah if the home fans didn’t meet the demand? As it turns out it’s only Queens Park that would struggle to fill the home end for a potential title decider. 

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

A title decider  should be watched by as many people as the ground can safely allow. Full stadiums should be encouraged. 

Teams like Queens throwing cash about to get up the leagues as quick as they can with no infrastructre to remotely satisfy public demand is not to be appauded in my opinion.

Fair enough, although I suspect a lot of other people wouldn't necessarily agree with that take.

Regarding infrastructure, you won't find any Queen's supporter who disagrees with that. The product on the pitch is miles ahead of plan, and the club is struggling keep up in other areas.

Nobody was expecting us to be in this situation. We scraped by in the playoffs for 4th place last season, and kept the bulk of our squad.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well yeah if the home fans didn’t meet the demand? As it turns out it’s only Queens Park that would struggle to fill the home end for a potential title decider. 

That's not true at all is it? You see it every week in Scotland, Old Firm fans grumbling that thousands of them couldn't get in to Rugby Park/Fir Park etc. despite there being plenty of empty seats. Most neutrals seem to be ok with this, as they're preserving the sense of a home game for their own supporters.

The part of this ticket talk for the Dundee game that I’m not buying, is that the terrace behind the goal can accommodate 3000. 

The game against Patrick on 2nd Jan had an ‘official’ attendance of 1665. I was in the main stand and it looked close to full that day, so that’s say 600 QP fans, of the 1665 total. Meaning Partick had just over 1000. Here’s the pictures from that day of the potentially 1000 PT fans. 

There is no way that stand can take 3x the amount of folks in that picture.   

3EDABD83-CA38-4EE9-A78B-843AE5C9A30E.jpeg

5D80636E-497B-4257-9B4F-73ACF8AFA998.jpeg

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

That's not true at all is it? You see it every week in Scotland, Old Firm fans grumbling that thousands of them couldn't get in to Rugby Park/Fir Park etc. despite there being plenty of empty seats. Most neutrals seem to be ok with this, as they're preserving the sense of a home game for their own supporters.

I don’t think that’s an accurate comparison. Increasing the away capacity at Rugby Park and Fir Park would involve moving home fans from their season ticket seats. This isn’t the case at QP where they seem to be just limiting the away section. The only time I can think of this happening was in the Motherwell vs Rangers playoff.

7 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t think that’s an accurate comparison. Increasing the away capacity at Rugby Park and Fir Park would involve moving home fans from their season ticket seats. This isn’t the case at QP where they seem to be just limiting the away section. The only time I can think of this happening was in the Motherwell vs Rangers playoff.

It hasn't been confirmed by either club yet where the away section is going to be for this.

8 hours ago, TheHitman said:

The part of this ticket talk for the Dundee game that I’m not buying, is that the terrace behind the goal can accommodate 3000. 

The game against Patrick on 2nd Jan had an ‘official’ attendance of 1665. I was in the main stand and it looked close to full that day, so that’s say 600 QP fans, of the 1665 total. Meaning Partick had just over 1000. Here’s the pictures from that day of the potentially 1000 PT fans. 

I think the roof makes it look smaller than it is.  When Falkirk played at Ochilview when their ground was being built, it used to absolutely rammed.

Screenshot_20230427-074419_YouTube.jpg

10 hours ago, TheHitman said:

I’ve wondered about that too. On closer inspection of the East terrace shows it’s bigger than I thought and it’s a hard standing so feasible for 4-500 safely, albeit not a great view. Still seems a stretch to get all 3 sides up to 3700. Wonder how long it’s been since that number was calculated?

image.thumb.png.19ff1271179c32aa9fb2349854d97ced.png

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ve wondered about that too. On closer inspection of the East terrace shows it’s bigger than I thought and it’s a hard standing so feasible for 4-500 safely, albeit not a great view. Still seems a stretch to get all 3 sides up to 3700. Wonder how long it’s been since that number was calculated?

image.thumb.png.19ff1271179c32aa9fb2349854d97ced.png

When Stenny played Rangers during their tour of the lower leagues, the capacity was limited to around 2750.

18 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

When Stenny played Rangers during their tour of the lower leagues, the capacity was limited to around 2750.

That sounds more like it. So Dundee likely getting between 10-20%. Very fair under the circumstances.

image.thumb.png.cd7dd66261cbff5f4286add2010140f1.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks
Fixture list added

15 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

When one is reduced to sarcasm one is truly fucked.

16 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Mind that time we relegated you? Very, very amusing.