The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I don't think its as simple as that. In the 7 games after Murray left, we won 4 , drew 2 & only lost one. That spell included taking 4 points off Ayr and Morton which we had been unable to do with Murray in the team. 

In that spell we went from top of the table by one points (Dundee 2 points behind with a game in hand) to 4 points clear (all teams played the same number of games.)

It was the last 7  games with its disastrous 7  points out of 21 that did for us.

If this was all because we let Murray go, why did it take the best part of 2 months for that to have an effect?

I have no easy answer as to why this happened but it was clear to anyone with eyes that too many players just lost any sort of form in the last couple of months.

I think going from the pundits plucky, overperforming underdogs, to league favourites got to the players. And maybe to some of the staff. The talent in the squad couldn't quite mask the inexperience and we started to misfire.

17 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

We'll have a stadium, whether the capacity is anywhere near suitable for this level of football is a totally different issue.

Is it finished now?  There was talk from QP about hoping to play the final games at it, so surely it must be close?

Or is the champagne fountain taking a long time to fill?

You're not fucking sharing with us again, that's for sure.

Our pitch looked like a lush oasis on Tuesday night.

On the topic of your team, looking back it did feel like there was a lack of leadership and nasty b*****dness once things began to go awry. You've got a nice team, with some nice players, but need a couple of absolute cvnts in your team if you want to stay in the league next season, never mind challenge for the title.

I find it easy to agree with almost all of the comments and observations made above. 

The primary focus for me now, is to hear a definitive statement that Lesser will be the venue for our team next year; then we can truly commence building a local community-based club. 

11 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Is it finished now?  There was talk from QP about hoping to play the final games at it, so surely it must be close?

The builders haven’t quite reached their targets for the half-year so there’s some more holes to be moved yet. 

On 12/05/2023 at 10:03, CathcartSkins said:

Remember the days we endured, what seemed like an endless sequence, of 1-1 draws? 

What a contrast this season has been.   

Exactly a bit of perspective as opposed to the embarrassing spectacle of the group of so called fans rushing down pitch side to hurl abuse at OC and the players after loss of the 3rd goal on Friday 😔 

26 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Exactly a bit of perspective as opposed to the embarrassing spectacle of the group of so called fans rushing down pitch side to hurl abuse at OC and the players after loss of the 3rd goal on Friday 😔 

Thankfully a small minority and the team came off to a healthy applause coupled with a chant of “Queen’s Park” which even had some Thistle players looking up in amazement.

Most of the roasters have been around long enough to remember defeats from the likes of Cowdenbeath, The Shire and Berwick, all now gone from the senior leagues. Getting knocked out of a Premiership play-off by Thistle is a golden era compared to those days.  How does the song go again? Enjoy yourself…..

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

13 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Nine weeks until the League Cup. Two full seasons away from the southside of Glasgow and we’ve mustered 900 seats and a royal box for the very people who’ve shown nothing but utter contempt for the paying punters. The embarrassment will be immeasurable if we start a third full season anywhere but Lesser Hampden. It’s tough to see how that happens without at least another thousand seats. Tick tock.

Edited by an86

5 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Personal highlights of the season?, Go.

There have been so many - a couple of the Thistle games, winning 5-2 through in Kirkcaldy after going behind, and Cliftonville away all stand out (as did Inverness mid week in the cup after we still won despite finding out Murray had left on the way, but that went downhill quickly).

I think if I had to pick though it'd be Arbroath away just before Christmas. Silky football players in awful conditions, a good travelling support, and an all round phenomenal away day. I think that was when I realised might actually have been genuine title contenders.

4 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Personal highlights of the season?, Go.

Both the Arbroath trips, particularly Christmas, were class. We were outstanding in the latter and the away support was the absolute optimum level of pished. 

Bodying Thistle at Firhill, cheering every pass in stoppage time. 

Scoring five at Raith Rovers away, despite not winning a single corner. Our single most ruthless attacking display of the season. 

Electric second half performance after falling behind to Inverness at home in November was when I started to really think we might be onto something. 

Going back to Hampden in front of a big crowd and absolutely blowing Hamilton away. A wee glimpse of the potential of where we could go if we get our shit together.

Sensational performance at Cove, particularly the Davidson team goal.

The bond between the players and fans at the end of *that* game at Inverness still makes it in.

Outstanding performance at Hamilton, involving peak Dom Thomas gallusness. 

Even though we huffed and puffed over the line, they even gave us some madness during the struggles. Fox scoring the greatest goal in football history and Dom Thomas nearly causing my death when he equalised at Firhill.

Ultimately not quite ready, but what a fucking mad ride it was. Will be glad of a few Saturdays that don’t involve my heart trying to escape out of my arse, but will be raring to go again in a few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Talk to me about Josh Mcpake, we're rumoured to be interested in him.

Was non existent in the Dundee & Partick games.

Disappointing overall.

Occasionally can cut inside into his right foot and hit a good shot but offered little else.  

Attitude and work rate really poor.

A little more than 60 days until the first League Cup games.

Working back from that date, what’s the chances we can finish the Lesser Hampden fit-out, organise and successfully deliver two test events, and finalise all the match day logistics?

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think he could be a good League One players, but he's clearly got a bad attitude which could very easily prevent him from showing it.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Across the season he was pretty disappointing in all honesty. Lived off one good month in October but outwith that, he certainly didn’t look championship standard. Not the quickest, can’t really beat a man and doesn’t offer much defensively either. The only move he’s got is cutting inside from the left and having a pop which worked a couple times but teams caught on to it very quickly. 

Been a fair few reports about poor attitude also which probably hasn’t done himself any favours 

League 1 would be his level I’d say 

Edited by qpfc

Does he have any pace? 

Quite interested to see what happens with Liam Brown too, looked a standout with you lot in league 1.

I understand there's off field issues with him but if someone can get him back on track he could be an excellent signing.

Edited by FFC 1876