The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

No conversation about successful loan signings is complete without mentioning Paul Walker towards the end of 99-00 championship season.

Winning the last 5 games got us over the line and he either scored or assisted all our goals in those games. The winner in the last minute vs Brechin at Hampden is probably my most enjoyable goal as a QP fan 

Looks like a good addition but I LOVE THIS:

“We have two really promising right backs in Young Queen’s Park and in our Under-18s, so we were looking particularly for a loan signing in this position as to not block their pathway in the coming years.

“Ben is therefore an ideal fit for the development of our team.”

6 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

The winner in the last minute vs Brechin at Hampden is probably my most enjoyable goal as a QP fan 

I think David Arbuckle's hat-trick goal in that game against Albion Rovers in 97 is my favourite. The maddest game of football I've ever been at. Great days.

On 09/08/2023 at 14:08, Anonymous Spider said:

A unique opportunity has arisen and a fantastic competition has been designed to meet that opportunity with Members, Season Ticket Holders and Fans of Queen’s Park asked to come up with a name for our refurbished Bar at The City Stadium... 

Well now...

The Brian McPhee Bar for Members, Season Ticket Holders and Fans of Queen’s Park Who Can't Drink Good and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too...

Plaque might be a bit big? 

“Queen’s Park Club & Supporters’ Bar; what do they drink? do they drink things? Let’s find out!”

On 08/08/2023 at 16:34, Spooky Spider said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone know what the score will be when it comes to ST holders at big Hampden? Do we get to choose allocated seats like at Lesser or will it be sit where you want?

Aside from Members seats, you can pretty much sit where you like in the home section.

10 hours ago, Passionate said:

Did Jimmy Boyle sign for Queens direct from Celtic back in the day,  decent right back was Jimmy

If memory serves correctly he signed direct from Celtic Boys.  Scorer of the best diving header I ever saw, (can't remember who against though)...well, right up until Robin Van Persie's anyway!

39 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Scott Williamson now loaned out to Cove. Surely that must mean we’ve got a striker coming in today ?

Journo Scott Burns certainly seems to think they are trying.

Lets hope Man City are looking to loan out Erling Haaland for some game time this year. He'd be an excellent option off the bench.

23 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

No conversation about successful loan signings is complete without mentioning Paul Walker towards the end of 99-00 championship season.

Winning the last 5 games got us over the line and he either scored or assisted all our goals in those games. The winner in the last minute vs Brechin at Hampden is probably my most enjoyable goal as a QP fan 

That split second of absolute silence just as he hit the ball towards goal ......

I’m all in for Veldmanball. It’s going to give us heart attacks at times, but you can really see what we’re trying to do. Really enjoyed that today, despite a bit of frustration in the final third. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Another win but lack of goals given the pressure is a bit of a concern.

I'd be more worried if we weren't creating anything, but that was pretty much one way traffic, (admittedly against a very ordinary side).  We'll take some cuffings this year I'm sure but I'm happier with this side and the balance therein, than what we had last season, Paton already looks better than Shields and the Spong-Turner-Thomson midfield looks well balanced

This is going to be a fun year, conscious tougher games await but a great start.

Starting to understand what Paton offers a bit more now. Thought he’d be similar to Murray but his link up play and passing look excellent.

Same as last week I couldn’t be more impressed with Jack Spong, the way we play is perfect for him and hasn’t  put a foot wrong yet.

The team is playing way ahead of what I expected this early into the season. 

52 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

Starting to understand what Paton offers a bit more now. Thought he’d be similar to Murray but his link up play and passing look excellent.

I agree, he looks to be guilty sometimes of overplaying a bit in comparison to other strikers, when another #9 would get a shot away. That said, I felt he took his goal well, knew exactly what to do. 

Turner was the worst in our midfield of Jacks today. Very disappointing. He needs to get his head in the game ASAP. He failed to link up with Spong and Paton and was the weakest link in our passing play. I was surprised when Jarrett came on for Thompson rather than Turner. 

We need to sign a striker... like tomorrow morning. We just can't rely on Paton the whole season.