The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

53 minutes ago, an86 said:

IMG_0673.thumb.jpeg.bad229a41b337ad74b2d0afc293b192c.jpeg

A not so thinly veiled dig from Marijn Beuker. Don’t know about anyone else, but I feel that outcomes are quite important if you don’t want to be relegated.

When you play shite, you’ll be criticised. When you play well, you’ll be praised. That’s football. Results are important at first team level, with a good number of our fans spending probably literally into the thousands of pounds travelling up and down the country every season. Maybe save the victory laps for when we actually win a game, which will hopefully be next Saturday. 

Let’s reward me with a first class flight to Amsterdam. Free KoolAid! 

19 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Not a great set of results today with Morton and Inverness both winning. Sharpens the mind a bit about turning draws into wins.  Good thing is the league is still tight. The bad thing is the league is still tight!  Here's hoping there are more favourable results on Tuesday and that we pick up points at Somerset Park.

Yes, and who scored the Inverness goal? My my, it was David Wotherspoon, whom I suggested we should have signed, somebody who is a very experienced midfielder.

Thistle away in the cup. Hopefully not moved for TV. For years, this would have been a draw I’d be buzzing with. Not so much now that I’ve been to Firhill two dozen times in the past couple of years and it feels like we play Thistle every three weeks. The only positive is that it’s at least a good day out if it’s the Saturday. 

40 minutes ago, an86 said:

Thistle away in the cup. Hopefully not moved for TV. For years, this would have been a draw I’d be buzzing with. Not so much now that I’ve been to Firhill two dozen times in the past couple of years and it feels like we play Thistle every three weeks. The only positive is that it’s at least a good day out if it’s the Saturday.

Yup, yawn.

11 hours ago, an86 said:

IMG_0673.thumb.jpeg.bad229a41b337ad74b2d0afc293b192c.jpeg

A not so thinly veiled dig from Marijn Beuker. Don’t know about anyone else, but I feel that outcomes are quite important if you don’t want to be relegated.

When you play shite, you’ll be criticised. When you play well, you’ll be praised. That’s football. Results are important at first team level, with a good number of our fans spending probably literally into the thousands of pounds travelling up and down the country every season. Maybe save the victory laps for when we actually win a game, which will hopefully be next Saturday. 

Yer man Marjin radiating massive linkedin vibes.

I was just thinking that I've not seen a set of Accounts for a while - a quick look at Companies House reveals the financial year end date has been pushed back to June 30th - and for the June 30th 2023 accounts they can be filed as late as March 31, 2024. So that means we'll have gone 2 1/2 years without seeing accounts (last accounts were for the year ending 31/12/2021) - and this 2 1/2 period when spending at the Club has never been bigger.

The loss for the year ending 31/12/2021 was £1.1 million - I've got assume the losses exceeded that considerably in each of the subsequent 2 years. And at that date we only had approx £3 million of liquid assets (from the sale of Hampden)- most of which by now must have been expended on the Lesser redevelopment.

Has anyone seen any interim or full accounts since 31/12/21?

43 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

I was just thinking that I've not seen a set of Accounts for a while - a quick look at Companies House reveals the financial year end date has been pushed back to June 30th - and for the June 30th 2023 accounts they can be filed as late as March 31, 2024. So that means we'll have gone 2 1/2 years without seeing accounts (last accounts were for the year ending 31/12/2021) - and this 2 1/2 period when spending at the Club has never been bigger.

The loss for the year ending 31/12/2021 was £1.1 million - I've got assume the losses exceeded that considerably in each of the subsequent 2 years. And at that date we only had approx £3 million of liquid assets (from the sale of Hampden)- most of which by now must have been expended on the Lesser redevelopment.

Has anyone seen any interim or full accounts since 31/12/21?

There was an EGM in the summer to draw the annual accounts into line with how other professional clubs are run by having the year end in June rather than December. It was also agreed that the AGM would accordingly be scheduled for December or sooner, formerly May, at which time the accounts are presented to members. You will also find a notification to CH of a change of Accounting Reference moving the Dec 22 accounts to June 23, ostensibly to reset the 12 month cycle. So in December, the accounts dated Jan 22 - Jun 23 will be presented and subsequently published. 

All of the above info available on the QPFC CH page.

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Veldman hinting at a wee bit of stability, fewer yoong QP randoms being flung in over the next wee while.

I’m a big fan of the interviews, pretty revealing glimpse behind huge scenes. 

Liked the idea of the captain group and having different levels of players involved.

16 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Veldman hinting at a wee bit of stability, fewer yoong QP randoms being flung in over the next wee while.

I’m a big fan of the interviews, pretty revealing glimpse behind huge scenes. 

Yes, I like the interviews too, although I always come away from the Jong QP ones feeling that Thomas O'Ware is really quite disappointed in me.

How much longer will this be allowed to carry on? If our project is to sell on younger guys with potential, we’re not going to be attracting guys from a level of Southampton and Brighton to play in League 1. I can’t see those like Dom or Thomson staying with us at that level either. 

We haven’t won a game since Bala (who themselves looked no better than Elgin in the League Cup). If the guys haven’t what Veldman passes as ‘tactics’ by now, they aren’t going to. He’s well out his depth, and the longer he stays the more danger it puts the club in. 

Get him punted now. 

4 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

How much longer will this be allowed to carry on? If our project is to sell on younger guys with potential, we’re not going to be attracting guys from a level of Southampton and Brighton to play in League 1. I can’t see those like Dom or Thomson staying with us at that level either. 

We haven’t won a game since Bala (who themselves looked no better than Elgin in the League Cup). If the guys haven’t what Veldman passes as ‘tactics’ by now, they aren’t going to. He’s well out his depth, and the longer he stays the more danger it puts the club in. 

Get him punted now. 

Will be 9 league games without a win after today.

Last time we beat a full time team was August 5th…..a team who have since made a managerial change and strengthened their first team.

A farcical set-up on and off the park.

1 hour ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Get him punted now. 

Have some faith and watch what is actually happening on the pitch. We will be nowhere near League 1 with this squad of players. 

We have an increasing number of players with first team minutes and with Savoury and McKinstry still to contribute. 

We will finish this season strongly, something we have not managed in recent seasons.

1 hour ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Get him punted now. 

We're 7th. One point off the playoffs. Some grips need to be got.

3 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Will be 9 league games without a win after today.

Last time we beat a full time team was August 5th…..a team who have since made a managerial change and strengthened their first team.

A farcical set-up on and off the park.

Cmon. Arbroath like to play the " we are part time card " but in reality they just pay their players shit money. 

However! I do agree, a win is much needed. Draws don't do anything if everyone around is winning 

2 hours ago, QPEast said:

Some Queen’s Park fans like to live in misery, it’s clear we’ve turned somewhat of a corner with our recent displays, just need to actually win a few games but playoffs are not out of reach👏

I agree we have a chance of finishing 8th