The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Just now, Skol1867 said:

Mcleish and Scott have been added to the under contract list. Not like us to make an administrative cock up. 

always good to know we have not completely abandoned amateurism.

Sheridan was always one that if we'd kept around another year nobody would complain but also can understand why he's moving on. I would imagine then this means that another striker is in the plans. 

Of those the club are intending to re-sign only McKinstry is questionable. That said however it's been mentioned in this forum before that a full proper pre-season with the squad may do him the world of good so willing to trust Davidson's judgement on that. 

Also if anyone from the club is reading...if you require a proof-reader for future communications i'm willing to put myself forward. I know the difference between there, their and they're....and i'm capable of checking lists to make sure we don't miss anyone in future....

5 minutes ago, Skol1867 said:

Mcleish and Scott have been added to the under contract list. Not like us to make an administrative cock up. 

The obvious panic also as they've messed up the alphabetical order of the players putting Josh Scott on the list. 

5 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Sheridan was always one that if we'd kept around another year nobody would complain but also can understand why he's moving on. I would imagine then this means that another striker is in the plans. 

Of those the club are intending to re-sign only McKinstry is questionable. That said however it's been mentioned in this forum before that a full proper pre-season with the squad may do him the world of good so willing to trust Davidson's judgement on that. 

Also if anyone from the club is reading...if you require a proof-reader for future communications i'm willing to put myself forward. I know the difference between there, their and they're....and i'm capable of checking lists to make sure we don't miss anyone in future....

How are you on ineligible players?

Quite happy with this, no major surprises. Shame about Sheridan though. Also a shame about Robson but probably the right decision from the club. Hopefully all the players being offered new contracts accept them.

19 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

How are you on ineligible players?

If being capable of checking a player registration system to check if they are cup tied or not is the skill then I reckon I could revolutionise the club.

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

From the club website:  Pity about Sheridan, but should I not expect to see Liam Mcleish here?

Players under contract for season 2024/25:

Alex Bannon
Lennon Connolly
Calum Ferrie
Charlie Fox
Aaron Healy
Sam Kane
Ruari Paton
Lewis Reid
Dom Thomas
Jack Thomson
Will Tizzard
Jack Turner
Danny Wilson
Sean Welsh
Scott Williamson

Players offered new terms:

Cammy Bruce
Stuart McKinstry
Louis Longridge
Grant Savoury

Shame about Sheridan. I wonder if he has had a better offer elsewhere?

With Sheridan off-ski, I'd hope that there's someone identified to come in as otherwise Paton (if he remains) will be doing a lot of heavy lifting next season.  Would be surprised if Savoury leaves as having a year out with injury I'd be surprised if he has many suitors.  Sad to see Robson go but looking forward to him heading back to Falkirk where he'll probably rip us to shreds next season.

1 minute ago, Spider1975 said:

Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by Friends

Every time I watch him play.

In no way defending McKinstry’s performance levels but I do recall the support being unsure on Simon Murray who after a full pre-season set the league on fire for 6 months.

Not comparing the two in any way, just hoping that a full preseason would benefit the lad and mean a significant upturn in performance level.

13 minutes ago, On the bench said:

In no way defending McKinstry’s performance levels but I do recall the support being unsure on Simon Murray who after a full pre-season set the league on fire for 6 months.

Not comparing the two in any way, just hoping that a full preseason would benefit the lad and mean a significant upturn in performance level.

Inclined to think there’s something there if he’s performed at a higher level, as Motherwell fans have suggested he did. Less than forty senior appearances and coming up for 22 years old shows what going down the road into the academy system can do to a career. Still really inexperienced at playing proper football. A lot of developing to do, so going to have to be patient. Some guys get into their stride later than others. 

35 minutes ago, On the bench said:

I suppose the difference was that Murray was coming back from an ACL injury, (that resurfaced on a foggy afternoon in Montrose half way through the L1 campaign).  As ever am willing (and hoping) to be proven wrong.

Sad to Sheridan go but I can understand the logic if the decision was made by the management team. No doubts Sheridan was superb for the last couple of months but there’s absolutely nothing to suggest from his recent career that he can perform well AND play 30+ games across the season. Considering those factors alongside his age, then I’m going to assume Davidson has hopefully eyed someone else up that may provide better use of the budget 

Robson news is a wee shame, gave us a lot when you look back on his journey. Hopefully gets a nice deal somewhere else out with the Sco Championship. 

All things considered, Sheridan moving on is the right call. Done his part for us this season but isn’t the long term solution.