The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The "box" has been built too far forward, I reckon, precluding putting anything on either side as the view would be obscured.

Could the sides not be at the same level with a couple of rows of terracing below?

1_JS294552253.jpg.webp

13 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Could the sides not be at the same level with a couple of rows of terracing below?

1_JS294552253.jpg.webp

Yes. It would only take money, some imagination and a willingness from the Committee to do so.

We have none of those.

17 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

1_JS294552253.jpg.webp

I'd knock the whole thing down, it is an absolute disgrace and only speaks of the incompetence of the club's leadership. It doesn't even look that appealing.

2 hours ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

I'd knock the whole thing down, it is an absolute disgrace and only speaks of the incompetence of the club's leadership. It doesn't even look that appealing.

Exactly, a posh and exclusive directors box to watch ... ... to watch what exactly? As it stands, it's not needed. As part of a bigger and better* stadium, it might be. But it is also now the biggest hurdle to making Lesser a decent small stadium.  Knock it down.

*Bigger and Better is what the club promised us when they decided that what we had started to build wasn't good enough!

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 16.49.46.png

Posted (edited)

I honestly don't see what is so hard about adding a stand like this in on the JB McAlpine end of the stadium in addition to the Hampden side stand      |

\/

Edited by CAL FERRIE IN GOALS

49 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Exactly, a posh and exclusive directors box to watch ... ... to watch what exactly? As it stands, it's not needed. As part of a bigger and better* stadium, it might be. But it is also now the biggest hurdle to making Lesser a decent small stadium.  Knock it down.

*Bigger and Better is what the club promised us when they decided that what we had started to build wasn't good enough!

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 16.49.46.png

Why couldn't the "out of touch with reality" committee, not have housed themselves in the ready made farmhouse, which had been designated as the oldest building connected to world football.

Maybe our new chairman, who is being touted as one of the only committee members ever to have bought a ticket for a game, will have the courage to put names to those of the committee members who voted for the abomination that has made us the laughing stock of Scottish football, and shame them all.

Posted (edited)

Paul Nuijten announcing on instagram that he is leaving Scotland. 

Credit to him. Got us that massive win v Dunfermline and played a massive part in keeping us up.  

The only Dutchmen that is welcome back to the south side. 

Edited by Adam Rendall

6 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

Paul Nuijten announcing on instagram that he is leaving Scotland. 

Credit to him. Got us that massive win v Dunfermline and played a massive part in keeping us up.  

The only Dutchmen that is welcome back to the south side. 

I'll go with that.  Stuck with it in the difficult times and even brought some grit back to the team. How important were these three points v Dunf?

All the best Paul, whatever you do next.

Posted (edited)
On 16/05/2024 at 12:40, Stuntiethumper said:

I guess that'll have to wait another year. Superb & wildly biased commentary from Stranraer commentators in video below. I'd recommend listening from about 18 minutes in...

Edited by Arachnophile

25 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I guess that'll have to wait another year. Superb & wildly biased commentary from Stranraer commentators in video below. I'd recommend listening from about 18 minutes in...

....... pitch invasions during the game still a thing then 😀

42 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I think the ek staff member storming on the pitch at the tail end of the game is in fact ex QP goalie Zander Cowie 🤣

I know it doesn't really matter but who would you rather have, Raith or County, for next season? I'll go for County getting relegated - only because I want a couple of games nearer where I live given that Caley decided to go to the seaside.  🙂

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I know it doesn't really matter but who would you rather have, Raith or County, for next season? I'll go for County getting relegated - only because I want a couple of games nearer where I live given that Caley decided to go to the seaside.  🙂

Raith for me. County are well known for chucking daft money at the Championship when they come down, and bouncing back up straight away. Think Raith staying down would set us up for a very competitive division!

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I would go with Raith. They showed nothing for us to fear in our games this season.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Raith for me. County have decent backing and likely go straight back up. More importantly don't really want to see Simon Murray banging goals in against us.