The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Hoping to start a bit of discussion on what the team needs next year. This (for what its worth) is what I reckon is our best 11 to start the season based on who we are likely to have. Making the assumption that all those offered new deals take them.

From this I think we still need cover at right full back (which is likely where the previous link with the crystal palace lad would solve). Left full back I think if Bruce signs we're covered, if not it will certainly need someone brought in.

I think another two central midfielders are needed and a centre back wouldn't go amiss.

I previously posted that I thought Scott Banks would be an QP signing given his injury history and being available for free. After seeing some footage of him I think he seems like a sensible option and provides an excellent set piece threat which we don't really have.

Lastly I think bolstering the striker position is something that could be done using the loan market as Paton would preferably play most games.

image.png.3dcd6d1f6320c904557d4f78c5b1f1a3.png

Personally I think we were/are far better when Paton has someone beside him and DT is on the left rather than the middle.  I’d be in the market for a striker and a RB/RWB  Would love to see us revert to a back four with a line-up similar to the one below, but am fully resigned to the three/five at the back so reckon Paton’s partner beneath becomes the third CB

Paton               AN Other

Thomas           Savoury        Thomson

Welsh

Scott                 Fox                            Wilson/Tizzard               AN Other

Ferrie

In terms of another option up front, Davidson really needs to be looking for essentially someone who brought the same traits as Sheridan to the team, but who can last more than about 60 minutes; good in the air, can hold the ball up, and get behind defenders. They don't need to be a prolific scorer if they work well and Paton carries on doing what he does best.

Welcome Adam.......but like any new poster on any fans forum, and given your "pals" comments.?

It would be nice for us on the Queen's Park forum "pay at the gate",  supporters to know the following   🐵

Why should we    2) laugh at Inverness ????

I, like many Queen's fans, who have been lucky enough over the years to attend not only home, but away games, at Inverness.....  and  Dingwall, Elgin, Peterheid, Cove , Montrose and best of all for an away day...Arbroath. I've scrounged lifts, borrowed bus fares, dodged train barriers, but of course I've always payed to get in.

Your "new" first post makes me think you are the kind of guy who is here to tell us that the complete mis-management that is the redevelopment of Lesser Hampden was not the fault of any current QP Committee member, and we should ignore such disgraceful decisions concerning  building a glorified "Punch and Judy" box to house those self imagined glitterati.

So Adam could you answer the following questions................after all, it is close season (for us), so we are desparate  for any news.

1:- Do you have any connection with any QP committee member ?      You don't have to say which one !

2:- Do you have any connection with  CITY ?????  in all it's manifistasions ????

2:- Do you have any connection with any football club in the Glasgow area that 99.99 % of the rest of the QP family think are toxic ?

Well of course, It would be nice to believe, you' re a genuine , brand new, football  fan with an interest  in QP, brought about by the  fantastic efforts of certain members of the hard working staff that go unrecogniseat The Nc Alpine StIUM

2 hours ago, QP MAD said:

I had a copy of the match report for years …it was described as a ..Roy of the Rovers goal .

Alan Irvine was one of my all time favourite QP players along with Dougie Wilkie and Davie Anderson. I lived in Nottingham in 1986 and Forest played Palace in the cup. I went along to the City ground to watch just to see Alan Irvine play again (I usually watched Notts County across the Trent) Alan didn't see much of the ball unfortunately. Forest were in the first division and Palace were the division below but it was good to see him play again.

Alan Irvine was an exceptional talent and made the goal that was my best moment as a QP fan when he crossed for Gerry Crawley to score at Stenny to complete a 4-3 win from being three goals down in 1981 when we won the Second Division.

It was a really special team which included possibly the best technical footballer I've seen in a QP jersey, John McGregor, who went to Liverpool.

These were the days when half decent guys could still be found in the amateurs. A modern example would be the aforementioned Davie Anderson, whom we picked up from the juniors rather than the amateurs of course, who was simply a joy to watch.

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

IMO, because they acted like absolute clowns when pumping a dejected, disjointed Robin Veldman side, and fluked a win over us in the run-in while telling us we'd be going down with the Arbroath. 

Also, Duncan Ferguson on £5,000 a week. 

The rest of your post is not opinion and is utter nonsense. Any new QP fan active at games and/or online is welcome. There will be plenty that have been here for years with wild & varying views on everything behind the scenes that we won't all agree with.

And as for your comment about being connected with Rangers or Celtic, open your eyes and realise almost everyone in this city will be. I grew up in a Rangers supporting family until I found my own way about 17 years ago. If you're going to instantly disapprove of anyone who already has Celtic or Rangers connections, you're not going to grow a support in Glasgow. We need to encourage those willing to follow QP over them.

6 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Afternoon all,

On Thursday I’m in the privileged position to be interviewing your captain Dom Thomas himself for my podcast “Today Wheelenterview”. Having been a ball boy years ago and keeping a wee eye on the club ever since I’m really looking forward to it.

This interview will be for you guys, and I’d love to get you all involved. Is there anything you’d like me to ask Dom on your behalf, or any issues or topics regarding himself or the club itself you’d like me to cover? There’s never a dull moment at Hampden, and with the season done and dusted I’m sure there’s a million and one things on your minds about QP at the moment.

Very happy to share it when it’s ready to go, and I look forward to getting down to Hampden next season. All the best!

Hi there, would you be able to ask Dom on his opinion of the QP fan support over his time at the club 

33 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Alan Irvine was an exceptional talent and made the goal that was my best moment as a QP fan when he crossed for Gerry Crawley to score at Stenny to complete a 4-3 win from being three goals down in 1981 when we won the Second Division.

It was a really special team which included possibly the best technical footballer I've seen in a QP jersey, John McGregor, who went to Liverpool.

These were the days when half decent guys could still be found in the amateurs. A modern example would be the aforementioned Davie Anderson, whom we picked up from the juniors rather than the amateurs of course, who was simply a joy to watch.

Bob Crampsey’s comment on the radio at full time - “O ye of little faith”.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

their fanbase acting like wankers of the highest degree, pretty much what Dave covered.

i have also made the trips to the aforementioned inverness, cove, peterhead, arbroath, even bala & cliftonville as after all, they are the best & most exciting times to be a supporter. my gripe comes with their annoying fanbase.

also to assume i'm not annoyed at the current situation with the board ? after making countless trips to firhill & stenhousemuir for 'home' games, i'm not exactly thrilled. and no, i do not have said connections to the committee, the city group, or the 'big 2'.

i have no idea what brought these opinions on , seeing as i simply made this account after years of following to support my friend who is doing some great work in the scottish football media space.

https://open.spotify.com/show/27Jrovt2vYHQvB7nrRywon?si=0noyNQ_rT4Su4hU4QiM3vQ

Edited by adamqpfc

2 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Welcome Adam.......but like any new poster on any fans forum, and given your "pals" comments.?

It would be nice for us on the Queen's Park forum "pay at the gate",  supporters to know the following   🐵

I, like many Queen's fans, who have been lucky enough over the years to attend not only home, but away games, at Inverness.....  and  Dingwall, Elgin, Peterheid, Cove , Montrose and best of all for an away day...Arbroath. I've scrounged lifts, borrowed bus fares, dodged train barriers, but of course I've always payed to get in.

Your "new" first post makes me think you are the kind of guy who is here to tell us that the complete mis-management that is the redevelopment of Lesser Hampden was not the fault of any current QP Committee member, and we should ignore such disgraceful decisions concerning  building a glorified "Punch and Judy" box to house those self imagined glitterati.

So Adam could you answer the following questions................after all, it is close season (for us), so we are desparate  for any news.

1:- Do you have any connection with any QP committee member ?      You don't have to say which one !

2:- Do you have any connection with  CITY ?????  in all it's manifistasions ????

2:- Do you have any connection with any football club in the Glasgow area that 99.99 % of the rest of the QP family think are toxic ?

Well of course, It would be nice to believe, you' re a genuine , brand new, football  fan with an interest  in QP, brought about by the  fantastic efforts of certain members of the hard working staff that go unrecogniseat The Nc Alpine StIUM

What

36 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Hi there, would you be able to ask Dom on his opinion of the QP fan support over his time at the club 

Of course mate. I can tell you myself Dom appreciates you guys more than anything at the club, however I’ll let you hear it from him when it’s released!

Adam’s a good lad, he’s been QP daft for a good few years now. He’s kept me in the loop with everything going on at the club, and I’ve joined him a few times at the games. I would’ve never thought to use P&B without him, so cheers to that. As far as I know, he’s not a Spectre-style agent for the club’s committee, not yet anyway 😅

Young fella goes home and away, goes on the bus and drinks in the pub after games. Any number of people on here and around the club can vouch for him. Not, of course, that they should or, indeed, do have to. 

8 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Afternoon all,

On Thursday I’m in the privileged position to be interviewing your captain Dom Thomas himself for my podcast “Today Wheelenterview”. Having been a ball boy years ago and keeping a wee eye on the club ever since I’m really looking forward to it.

This interview will be for you guys, and I’d love to get you all involved. Is there anything you’d like me to ask Dom on your behalf, or any issues or topics regarding himself or the club itself you’d like me to cover? There’s never a dull moment at Hampden, and with the season done and dusted I’m sure there’s a million and one things on your minds about QP at the moment.

Very happy to share it when it’s ready to go, and I look forward to getting down to Hampden next season. All the best!

I'll make sure to tune in...

Would you mind asking him about how the captaincy fell to him? I never really heard about that at the time but it would be interesting to know. On top of that what did he make of the atmosphere from the team before/after Murray leaving.

I always find these things the most interesting to hear from the players because you can't really get it elsewhere.

Good luck otherwise with the podcast!

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I remember being at what I think was John McGregor's QP debut. It was away at Clydebank -league cup I think. He was 16 maybe. We were 3 nil down at half time and came back to draw 3 each. I had gone to the game instead of doing my English homework but when I got home I was so excited I decided to write a poem about the game and to submit that the next day. I expected to get hammered by the teacher for it as I was off the brief. To my surprise I got quite a good mark. Unknown to me my English teacher was a QP fan. His name was Adam McNaughton (wrote the jelly piece song) I did meet John McGregor a few years ago when buying my son's first car at Arnold Clark on Hamilton road. When the salesman heard we were QP fans he went and got John out of a meeting to see us as he worked there.

3 minutes ago, Tangled web said:

I remember being at what I think was John McGregor's QP debut. It was away at Clydebank -league cup I think. He was 16 maybe. We were 3 nil down at half time and came back to draw 3 each. I had gone to the game instead of doing my English homework but when I got home I was so excited I decided to write a poem about the game and to submit that the next day. I expected to get hammered by the teacher for it as I was off the brief. To my surprise I got quite a good mark. Unknown to me my English teacher was a QP fan. His name was Adam McNaughton (wrote the jelly piece song) I did meet John McGregor a few years ago when buying my son's first car at Arnold Clark on Hamilton road. When the salesman heard we were QP fans he went and got John out of a meeting to see us as he worked there.

POST THE POEM

3 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Didn't realise we had to do quite the introduction here... Shall I submit my CV or will "my name's Andrew and I've gone to the games for about 5 years" do for you?

4 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

image.png.0dd095da6e1619ef77b14c792df4aa44.png