The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

QP women playing their SWPL1 fixtures at Ochilview next season while Lesser Hampden sits empty; we continue to be a very unserious football club.

Unbelievable...

...Sadly not.

38 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

QP women playing their SWPL1 fixtures at Ochilview next season while Lesser Hampden sits empty; we continue to be a very unserious football club.

Seriously unserious.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

What planet do these guys live on?

John McNeil, Head of Women’s Football, stated, “We’re really excited to be kicking off the SPWPL campaign in the coming weeks. Preparations are well underway to support the players and staff for the historic season ahead and we’re thrilled to be playing our matches at Stenhousemuir’s Ochilview Park. It was clear that once we looked at the grounds criteria for SPWPL 1 that we may have to look slightly further afield than Glasgow and when the opportunity presented itself to host our games at an SPFL registered ground, especially one which holds many good memories for the club’s Men’s side, it was something we acted quickly upon and looked to secure. I’d like to place on record our thanks and appreciation to Stenhousemuir and the SWPL for their support on this.”

Chris Priestley, CEO of Queen’s Park FC Foundation, added, “We are thrilled to see our Women’s Team take this important step forward. Playing at Ochilview Park not only meets the requirements of SPWPL but also provides a fantastic environment for our players to compete at the highest level.”

The upcoming season promises to be an exciting and groundbreaking one for Queen’s Park FC Women. We look forward to welcoming our supporters to Ochilview Park and making this season another memorable chapter in the club’s rich history.

When we talk about football opportunities, the disparity is fairly clear. Boys are offered a pathway to professional football through Queen’s Park Football Club and girls are offered a pathway to amateur football run by the foundation. The world is moving on and the women’s game is an area of growth within the sport, yet we treat them as an afterthought. Another summer, another triumph for the football club. 

4 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

It was clear that once we looked at the grounds criteria for SPWPL 1 that we may have to look slightly further afield than Glasgow

If only he'd thought to open the blinds at some point during the thorough search.

My biggest frustration with this is them not taking the opportunity to explain why Lesser can't be used; that would be much better than pretending it doesn't exist.

7 minutes ago, an86 said:

When we talk about football opportunities, the disparity is fairly clear. Boys are offered a pathway to professional football through Queen’s Park Football Club and girls are offered a pathway to amateur football run by the foundation. The world is moving on and the women’s game is an area of growth within the sport, yet we treat them as an afterthought.

Not at all, don't you realise that "playing at Ochilview Park ... provides a fantastic environment for our players to compete at the highest level.”

1 minute ago, Arachnophile said:

Not at all, don't you realise that "playing at Ochilview Park ... provides a fantastic environment for our players to compete at the highest level.”

Also, who can possibly forget the good memories of multiple 60 mile round trips on a Friday night? Halcyon days. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I thought we owned Lesser - and the first team aren't using it. There's a hospitality suite going to waste!

48 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I thought we owned Lesser - and the first team aren't using it. There's a hospitality suite going to waste!

The only possible explanations are either that we have given exclusive use of Lesser to the Scottish National teams as the price for being allowed to use Hampden ( & let's face it, our negotiating position there was not the strongest) or someone else is going to be playing there - I guess that might be QP B team but more likely Celtic youth.

It would be nice if someone told us.

It would also be  nice if someone would give me a Ferrari for my birthday.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

What planet do these guys live on?

John McNeil, Head of Women’s Football, stated, “We’re really excited to be kicking off the SPWPL campaign in the coming weeks. Preparations are well underway to support the players and staff for the historic season ahead and we’re thrilled to be playing our matches at Stenhousemuir’s Ochilview Park. It was clear that once we looked at the grounds criteria for SPWPL 1 that we may have to look slightly further afield than Glasgow and when the opportunity presented itself to host our games at an SPFL registered ground, especially one which holds many good memories for the club’s Men’s side, it was something we acted quickly upon and looked to secure. I’d like to place on record our thanks and appreciation to Stenhousemuir and the SWPL for their support on this.”

Chris Priestley, CEO of Queen’s Park FC Foundation, added, “We are thrilled to see our Women’s Team take this important step forward. Playing at Ochilview Park not only meets the requirements of SPWPL but also provides a fantastic environment for our players to compete at the highest level.”

The upcoming season promises to be an exciting and groundbreaking one for Queen’s Park FC Women. We look forward to welcoming our supporters to Ochilview Park and making this season another memorable chapter in the club’s rich history.

Shameful.

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

The only possible explanations are either that we have given exclusive use of Lesser to the Scottish National teams as the price for being allowed to use Hampden ( & let's face it, our negotiating position there was not the strongest) or someone else is going to be playing there - I guess that might be QP B team but more likely Celtic youth.

It would be nice if someone told us.

It would also be  nice if someone would give me a Ferrari for my birthday.

What colour ?

4 hours ago, an86 said:

When we talk about football opportunities, the disparity is fairly clear. Boys are offered a pathway to professional football through Queen’s Park Football Club and girls are offered a pathway to amateur football run by the foundation. The world is moving on and the women’s game is an area of growth within the sport, yet we treat them as an afterthought. Another summer, another triumph for the football club. 

Bringing top flight Women's football to the South Side of Glasgow.

And if you really really want it really really want to see it.

Bus into town, get train from Queen Street station to Larbert and then another bus along the Main St.

All on a Sunday when the railway do work on the track.

Respect.