Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

5 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Seen them at Threave 1st friendly; not impressed one bit.

Their location is actually quite good my friend being right on the Cumbrian border and only 5 mins from Carlisle. They are not in an isolated part of D&G, being right on the M74 they are only an hour or so from Central Belt.

But they dont seem to be a draw. Get the impression not that much liked around D&G area.

I totally understand what you mean about the location, I think their main issue is that the teams round about them in Carlisle/Cumbria will probably pay better. 

I actually quite like going there. So I hope they get it together.

55 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I totally understand what you mean about the location, I think their main issue is that the teams round about them in Carlisle/Cumbria will probably pay better. 

I actually quite like going there. So I hope they get it together.

From what I've been told at games down here they have players on short term contracts. That won't be conducive to building a squad. If Edin Uni are better than last year Gretna may be following Star down here for next season.

Hope you are on your way to the Alliance or there already?

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

From what I've been told at games down here they have players on short term contracts. That won't be conducive to building a squad. If Edin Uni are better than last year Gretna may be following Star down here for next season.

Hope you are on your way to the Alliance or there already?

Just travelling back!! Welcome if unexpected win today, especially with such a young squad.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

26 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Just travelling back!! Welcome if unexpected win today, especially with such a young squad.

Don't underestimate youth. Especially if they are talented and have belief. Decent start makes the managers task easier to motivate the boys for midweek.

44 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Don't underestimate youth. Especially if they are talented and have belief. Decent start makes the managers task easier to motivate the boys for midweek.

Agree with that, the real test will come win we hit a bit of adversity, and see their reaction. All in all though it’s a really good start against a fancied team.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

18 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

He left the ground at half time playing for Albion Rovers after one of the Stenhousemuir players told him he "should have done it right the first time" referring to his failed suicide attempt

He left the ground with the full support of his team mates and the club

*Allegedly

Can't lie as an outsider until it possibly becomes as feared and east Kilbrides money are running away at the top of the league I'm looking forward to keeping an eye on the lowland for once.

Looks even more competitive than last year. expect cowdenbeath to be up and around things after their league cup showing too.

Edited by ScottishLoon

33 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.a1bea46c389dee61ae032c6ed49ebad6.png

image.png.770ad45ce223ef28cc15a9f8bf554354.png

The much less objectionable colts beat the much more objectionable colts.

Shows how much Celtic care about the league they also had a B team friendly at Camelon, no idea how they split their squad if they put a strong one out at one of the games.

17 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Shows how much Celtic care about the league they also had a B team friendly at Camelon, no idea how they split their squad if they put a strong one out at one of the games.

Hope they do the same next Saturday 😬

8 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

*allegedly 

However Stenhousemuir did rip up his contract and he was charged by the SFA,

He faces a ban as soon as he signs for another team registered to the SFA

Untrue. He was out of contract in a couple of games time and was told not to come back. He seen his contract out. 

He did get an SFA charge but the hearing was never conducted so again untrue about the automatic ban. 

1 out of 3 ain't too bad though. 

On 22/07/2023 at 21:14, cowdenbeath said:

It was 18s that played against us with a few who are in the b squad. They do have a big squad. 

2 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

It was 18s that played against us with a few who are in the b squad. They do have a big squad. 

I know they have a big squad 42 listed for last season, just wondered how they split it on Saturday.