Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, kevsmart said:

There is a proper Reserve League in place just now!

The teams play 9 games in their season. I would suggest that is hardly enough to be considered a proper league. Those teams fill their time with bounce games - of a very varying standard which is unlikely to benefit young players.

10 minutes ago, Alberto Spencer said:

The teams play 9 games in their season. I would suggest that is hardly enough to be considered a proper league. Those teams fill their time with bounce games - of a very varying standard which is unlikely to benefit young players.

It's not 9 games aa season, There is a League Cup as well, plus it helps 1st 11 players return to match fitness after injury. It is a league.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Honestly the SFA has many jobs and one of them is to improve Scottish football and get more people involved, not keep it stale and even corrupt, that wont improve bigger attendances at all levels

A.     Where does it say claims, most are my views, a bit different to claims
And again, the SFA don't want any more clubs in tier 5, that maybe true, (which I believe), may not be true, i aint privy but if that's the case, they should not be allowed to make it one rule for one league and a different rule for another league at the same level.  Have you realized its a governing body and there are bodies above them who could interdict and they make decisions that interfere with a place of work so obviously things can be taken further in different avenues but again, the cost and with self preservation, it wont happen.

B.  Again worried that your either ignoring this or not taking it in!!   It is already here, its a NO for automotive relegation from the SPFL2, the clubs voted on that but allowed club 42 to be in a relegation playoff to try and calm the situation.   Teams like Bonnyrigg, Tranent and Linlithgow Rose realize how hard it is to get promoted and you'd hope they would vote the same views to have relegation opened up in the SPFL2 and Lowland leagues.

C.   Again  the SFA has many jobs and one of them is to improve Scottish football and get more people involved, not keep it stale and even corrupt, that wont improve bigger attendances at all levels.  Did I say the SFA are pushing for enhanced ventilation, there not going to as we all know how corrupt it is.  They are stepping back from it, because they know its wrong and don't want to be plagued down with it.

if you can do a favour, if you read my posts or maybe others, do read it a couple of times as you've said a few things that I'm saying it true etc.. when I've plainly put it across as a viewpoint,  I don't get what you have to gain by changing it, I will only correct you and thus dilute your comments when others read it👍

Sorry can’t really understand all the points you are making and those that you are quibbling over.  Changing what?  Claims v views - splitting hairs really.  You wrote ‘do we think teams like Kelty, Edinburgh City, Bonnyrigg, who are in the SPFL would vote against no relegation from the SPFl2.  ’. That presumably is a question but is pretty opaque as to what point it is actually supporting.  And I’ve read it a couple of times.  

I can’t see any case for any governing organisation over and above the SFA (whoever that might actually be) getting involved in a ruling re how many clubs can be in a League.  The LL has its rules and these were agreed by it and the SFA including the limitation on clubs.  Both parties accepted from the outset that both have to agree any changes - the number of clubs in the Highland League has no direct bearing on that as they have always had a different rule also agreed by SFA.  

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We're not against the Lowland League or indeed youths getting match experience. We are against teams having more than 1 club in the league system, which we have consistently voted against and even stated that we would not be voting for the Conference before the authorities pulled the motion before anyone could lodge a single vote, such was the opposition to it. Broomhill rent our ground, as much as I'd like them not to I can't do much about it, nor can I stop them voting for B teams. 

But you carry on playing the poster instead of the post, it's really good for debate...

I'm not playing the poster, I'm pointing out the utter irony of Dumbarton fans wanting the Lowland League chucked out the Pyramid whilst.....hosting a LL club who help your finances 😂

Edited by Burnieman

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Do you normally start 'open serious debate' by incorrectly packaging your assertions as 'facts' without any supporting evidence?

And do you then follow up this high-minded intellectual opener by stating 'END OF' like a Facebook maw being called out for being a massive racist? 

What on earth are you on about 😂  

Just now, Burnieman said:

I'm not playing the poster, I'm pointing out the utter irony of Dumbarton fans wanting the Lowland League chucked out the Pyramid whilst.....hosting a LL club lol.

Dumbarton fans do not equal the Dumbarton board. Or do we all need to hold the same opinion to support Dumbarton? Played the poster and his team rather than what was said, don't give it the "serious debate" stuff and do that. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Dumbarton fans do not equal the Dumbarton board. Or do we all need to hold the same opinion to support Dumbarton? Played the poster and his team rather than what was said, don't give it the "serious debate" stuff and do that. 

Neither is wanting the LL chucked out the Pyramid by any stretch a serious debate, pointing out the irony of that stance is pertinent.  Perhaps both your time would be better spent persuading your board to chuck out Broomhill.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Sorry can’t really understand all the points you are making and those that you are quibbling over.  Changing what?  Claims v views - splitting hairs really.  You wrote ‘do we think teams like Kelty, Edinburgh City, Bonnyrigg, who are in the SPFL would vote against no relegation from the SPFl2.  ’. That presumably is a question but is pretty opaque as to what point it is actually supporting.  And I’ve read it a couple of times.  

I can’t see any case for any governing organisation over and above the SFA (whoever that might actually be) getting involved in a ruling re how many clubs can be in a League.  The LL has its rules and these were agreed by it and the SFA including the limitation on clubs.  Both parties accepted from the outset that both have to agree any changes - the number of clubs in the Highland League has no direct bearing on that as they have always had a different rule also agreed by SFA.  

You don't need to reply as Ill try and make it clear for you 👍

Claims v Views

Splitting hairs  I think two totally different things, that's my view, not my claim, or its it my claim and not my view  hmmmm lolol,  🤣

Think the point is very clear as you have read and quoted from my previous posts so you know what is meant

To make it clear for you and yeah you specifically:

If Tranent who have been in the EOSFL and won it and then won the playoff and promoted to the Lowland league, they know how unfair it is in regards to promotion/relegation to and from the Lowland league and the SPFL2, so you would think most fans and committee etc.. would expect the club would vote for relegation to open up in the Lowland league and if promoted to the SPFL2 they would do the same

If Bonnyrigg Rose who have been in the EOSFL and won it and then won the playoff and promoted to the Lowland league, and then won and promoted to the SPFL2 they know how unfair it is in regard to promotion/relegation to and from the Lowland league and the SPFL2,  so you would think most fans and committee etc.. would expect the club would vote for relegation to open up in the Lowland league and the SPFL2.

This will apply to any club in the tier 6 and below leagues who are or possible be promoted to the Lowland and maybe even the SPFL in future, you would think they would all want the promotion and relegation opened up.

Any team in the SPFL2 who are relegated I do not believe they will come back straight away and will reside in the Lowland for quite a number of years and if any committees of these teams had any sense they would learn from Brechin, Cowdenbeath, East Stirlignshire, Albion Rovers and Berwick Rangers and realsie if they want a quite return from a touch league then automictic relegation and promotion to and from the SPFL2 would be beneficial.

The same will go for any club in the Lowland league, if they are relegated, I don't think they will have a quick return as the tier 6 divisions of EOSFL and WOSFL are very tough, again, if they voted to open up the automatic coupel of relegation places then it gives them a greater chance of return.

In regards to "I cant see any case"   i don't know of any case but then again there doesn't need to be a case to start the ball rolling, but there are too many factors, i.e cost too much money, is it in their interest and also corrupt people running and in powerful positions at these levels.
The LL and SFA agreed on it, and yeah, things evolve so changes can be made but there has to be 'a want' by either party to do so but if neither party want to go to 18 then its fine.  Again as stated above, any team relegated from the Lowland into the EOSFL and the WOSFL will find it very hard to get out of those leagues. not forgetting the SOSFL, they could win it but doubt they will get past either the EOSFL champions or the WOSFL champions, but then again, you never know

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

26 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You don't need to reply as Ill try and make it clear for you 👍

Claims v Views

Splitting hairs  I think two totally different things, that's my view, not my claim, or its it my claim and not my view  hmmmm lolol,  🤣

Think the point is very clear as you have read and quoted from my previous posts so you know what is meant

To make it clear for you and yeah you specifically:

If Tranent who have been in the EOSFL and won it and then won the playoff and promoted to the Lowland league, they know how unfair it is in regards to promotion/relegation to and from the Lowland league and the SPFL2, so you would think most fans and committee etc.. would expect the club would vote for relegation to open up in the Lowland league and if promoted to the SPFL2 they would do the same

If Bonnyrigg Rose who have been in the EOSFL and won it and then won the playoff and promoted to the Lowland league, and then won and promoted to the SPFL2 they know how unfair it is in regard to promotion/relegation to and from the Lowland league and the SPFL2,  so you would think most fans and committee etc.. would expect the club would vote for relegation to open up in the Lowland league and the SPFL2.

This will apply to any club in the tier 6 and below leagues who are or possible be promoted to the Lowland and maybe even the SPFL in future, you would think they would all want the promotion and relegation opened up.

Any team in the SPFL2 who are relegated I do not believe they will come back straight away and will reside in the Lowland for quite a number of years and if any committees of these teams had any sense they would learn from Brechin, Cowdenbeath, East Stirlignshire, Albion Rovers and Berwick Rangers and realsie if they want a quite return from a touch league then automictic relegation and promotion to and from the SPFL2 would be beneficial.

The same will go for any club in the Lowland league, if they are relegated, I don't think they will have a quick return as the tier 6 divisions of EOSFL and WOSFL are very tough, again, if they voted to open up the automatic coupel of relegation places then it gives them a greater chance of return.

In regards to "I cant see any case"   i don't know of any case but then again there doesn't need to be a case to start the ball rolling, but there are too many factors, i.e cost too much money, is it in their interest and also corrupt people running and in powerful positions at these levels.
The LL and SFA agreed on it, and yeah, things evolve so changes can be made but there has to be 'a want' by either party to do so but if neither party want to go to 18 then its fine.  Again as stated above, any team relegated from the Lowland into the EOSFL and the WOSFL will find it very hard to get out of those leagues. not forgetting the SOSFL, they could win it but doubt they will get past either the EOSFL champions or the WOSFL champions, but then again, you never know

You keep claiming  corruption (4 times in your last two posts). It is not clear which people you are referring to. Can you please list the names of any members of the Organisations and Clubs involved ?

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Neither is wanting the LL chucked out the Pyramid by any stretch a serious debate, pointing out the irony of that stance is pertinent.  Perhaps both your time would be better spent persuading your board to chuck out Broomhill.

Right but me and you weren't discussing that, were we? We were discussing your entirely bogus claim that SPFL clubs were ready to vote through the Conference, and because you have no evidence for that claim you've decided to argue a different point made by a different poster. Maybe the thread goes the way it always goes because you take it that way? Enjoy your sabbatical.

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not playing the poster, I'm pointing out the utter irony of Dumbarton fans wanting the Lowland League chucked out the Pyramid whilst.....hosting a LL club who help your finances 😂

Tbf Dumbarton’s board dont talk to the fans, they have a new owner who may be an old owner but not the old owner but its the same plan to sell the rock for housing so it probably is the old owner, anyway, fan engagement isnt exactly high on the agenda. 

Regardless whats clear is the Lowland league in its current guise is not fit for purpose, it lacks leadership with its long term security and growth at heart, it lacks proper engagement with its customers, it lacks a clear vision, indeed a vision which other football bodies share (both in terms of b teams and structure/relegation etc). What needs to happen is a full review of Scottish football from a perspective of ensuring the longevity of the game, ensuring both player pathways/development and fan engagement are prioritised ahead of the interests of two clubs with the ultimate aim of having the strongest national team possible. We need to have representation of grass roots football at a strategic level in the governance of the game, having all these different league bodies, Wosl/eosl/ll/hl/spfl/sfa/syfa/safa etc why? We are a small country of circa 5.5 million where football is consumed by around 2/3 of them in some way or another, we need one strong governing/administrative body, empowered to advocate for the better of the two aforementioned areas (because looking after those will ultimately ensure the success of the game).
This body should be given ownership of or develop football centres similar to toryglen/largs throughout the country, they should administer football parks instead of local authorities who really dont have a clue. 
In terms of our leagues, people moan about ‘too many teams’ thats pish, if we reduce the number of teams we reduce the number of participants/fans, so long as a club can run and has people to support it who the hell is anyone to say they shouldnt be allowed to compete so long as they meet the criteria and code of ethics of the governing body. The real problem is too many levels in our football pyramid, we should have no more than 3 national leagues (prem/champ/league 1) with bigger leagues to encourage new approaches and provide more opportunity for clubs to grow and adopt new models of operation which may be adopted elsewhere without too much fear of plummeting to oblivion. After this we should have regionalised leagues which feed properly into saturday amateur leagues at the very bottom.
Kids teams in Castlemilk, Dundee, Forfar etc shouldn’t be folding due to lack of facilities and budgets issues, no child should have a barrier to participation in football. These are the real issues for me, this is why we have fallen behind, obviously not exclusively a LL issue, but now its time for all the lower league bodies to come together.  

18 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

You keep claiming  corruption (4 times in your last two posts). It is not clear which people you are referring to. Can you please list the names of any members of the Organisations and Clubs involved ?

This is common knowledge
You've either not read the previous posts the way its intended but you say you have as you have said I've stated corruptions 4 times but for the slow leaners or slow to take information in , I don't mind putting it out there again.👍

Tom brown who is the chairman of Lowland league, he went on the Official Catch Up podcast and said.  'The conference league is coming no matter what the Highland league and Lowland league vote for or against it'.  This is the chairman of the lowland league and why is he saying that, he's either delusions or had conversations with Neil Doncaster and Iain Maxwell and they have enticed him to believe its coming, take whatever method you think they have used but he tried to coheres the rest of Lowland league teams to vote for the conference.
Oh and he was also the chairman at the time of the inception of the B teams into the Lowland league and the vote was 8 for to join to 8 against to join and he was the deciding vote and guess what, went for the B teams to join.  So personally, his job as chairman of the lowland league is untenable as most think its was corrupt in his decisions as most think he will make decisions to benefit his own agenda.

Neil Doncaster and Maxwell both tried their hardest to push through the Conferences league with the help or Rangers and Celtic oh and funny enough they both had their names down as the organizers and operators of the conference league, many posts back stated this also, this is corruption as its a conflict of interests, they should not have anything to do with it, their job is to run Scottish football objectively and improve |Scottish football, not send it backwards while trying to make money from it.

Civil Service Strollers, at the AGM, they nominated that the question regarding relegation from the Lowland league should not be brought up again until the SPFL2 open up relegation. It was seconded by an teams, (unknown to me who the team was ).  So whatever you think, is this self preservation or corruption,  seems to me corruption as they know they are deliberately putting Scottish football back and devaluing the Scottish Pyramid System.

How's that, does that make it clear for you?

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is common knowledge
You've either not read the previous posts the way its intended but you say you have as you have said I've stated corruptions 4 times but for the slow leaners or slow to take information in , I don't mind putting it out there again.👍

Tom brown who is the chairman of Lowland league, he went on the Official Catch Up podcast and said.  'The conference league is coming no matter what the Highland league and Lowland league vote for or against it'.  This is the chairman of the lowland league and why is he saying that, he's either delusions or had conversations with Neil Doncaster and Iain Maxwell and they have enticed him to believe its coming, take whatever method you think they have used but he tried to coheres the rest of Lowland league teams to vote for the conference.
Oh and he was also the chairman at the time of the inception of the B teams into the Lowland league and the vote was 8 for to join to 8 against to join and he was the deciding vote and guess what, went for the B teams to join.  So personally, his job as chairman of the lowland league is untenable as most think its was corrupt in his decisions as most think he will make decisions to benefit his own agenda.

Neil Doncaster and Maxwell both tried their hardest to push through the Conferences league with the help or Rangers and Celtic oh and funny enough they both had their names down as the organizers and operators of the conference league, many posts back stated this also, this is corruption, they should not have anything to do with it, their job is to run Scottish football objectively and improve |Scottish football, not send it backwards while trying to make money from it.

Civil Service Strollers, at the AGM, they nominated that the question regarding relegation from the Lowland league should not be brought up again until the SPFL2 open up relegation. It was seconded by an teams, (unknown to me who the team was ).  So whatever you think, is this self preservation or corruption,  seems to me corruption as they know they are deliberately putting Scottish football back and devaluing the Scottish Pyramid System.

The Conference League is DEAD. The respective clubs that would be demoted down a level would NOT take it lightly AT ALL. 

1 minute ago, kevsmart said:

The Conference League is DEAD. The respective clubs that would be demoted down a level would NOT take it lightly AT ALL. 

We are in 100% agreement but at the time when Tom Brown was spouting his shite, the  conference was just starting to gain  negativity and opposition to it.   I do think they will try against to get the B teams in the pyramid, they will let everyone chill for a while and try something else

13 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is common knowledge

Neil Doncaster and Maxwell both tried their hardest to push through the Conferences league with the help or Rangers and Celtic oh and funny enough they both had their names down as the organizers and operators of the conference league, many posts back stated this also, this is corruption as its a conflict of interests, they should not have anything to do with it, their job is to run Scottish football objectively and improve |Scottish football, not send it backwards while trying to make money from it.

You don’t half spend a lot of time typing up long posts repeating the same things.

You have no evidence of corruption whatsoever, you have presented some ideas that could be considered as people acting in self interest, that is all.

Corruption is a strong accusation, you should really take your concerns to a higher body, except you have no evidence at all.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

You don’t half spend a lot of time typing up long posts repeating the same things.

You have no evidence of corruption whatsoever, you have presented some ideas that could be considered as people acting in self interest, that is all.

Corruption is a strong accusation, you should really take your concerns to a higher body, except you have no evidence at all.

ffs the guy, oh you support the same team lol, asked me for the information when it was already on previous post, took me 3 minutes to type out, so if 3 minutes is a lot of time for you then fair play to you 😃

Its not my fault if some people are not to bright at reading posts and clearly you've said i have presented some ideas when below they are all true, don't know what they says about you, either replying straight away or do you not think, go an do your own research first and then come on and state your views and then come on here and say I'm wrong and If i am I will easily apologies.  Too many duck their head in the sand and this is why Scottish football is the way it is,  so much potential to be better but too many thinking of self preservation or what they can gain out of it

Evidence, oh ffs,  don't worry, I've not said anything about Cowdenbeath  lolol
I've not presented any ideas, I've told you what Tom brown said, its still on the podcast, if you want to go and check.
the same with Neil Doncaster and iain Maxwell pushing the Conferences league when their names are down operating it.
As far as I'm aware it was Civil Service Strollers who initiated the relegation not be talked about.

Corruption is a strong accusation, but also sucking someone else C*+ks is as well

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

ffs the guy, oh you support the same team lol, asked me for the information when it was already on previous post, took me 3 minutes to type out, so if 3 minutes is a lot of time for you then fair play to you 😃

Its not my fault if some people are not to bright at reading posts and clearly you've said i have presented some ideas when below they are all true, don't know what they says about you, either replying straight away or do you not think, go an do your own research first and then come on and state your views and then come on here and say I'm wrong and If i am I will easily apologies.  Too many duck their head in the sand and this is why Scottish football is the way it is,  so much potential to be better but too many thinking of self preservation or what they can gain out of it

Evidence, oh ffs,  don't worry, I've not said anything about Cowdenbeath  lolol
I've not presented any ideas, I've told you what Tom brown said, its still on the podcast, if you want to go and check.
the same with Neil Doncaster and iain Maxwell pushing the Conferences league when their names are down operating it.
As far as I'm aware it was Civil Service Strollers who initiated the relegation not be talked about.

Corruption is a strong accusation, but also sucking someone else C*+ks is as well

Once more, a lot of hot air and absolutely nothing to say. 

You’re all over the place, take a break and log off for a bit.