The Queen of the South thread

Ideally I’d have liked Celtic home or away, or Rangers. St. Johnstone at home is a good tie though. Decent away crowd and the potential of going through. Looking forward to welcoming Kerr, Kane and Zander back to Palmy, I’m sure they’ll get an excellent reception, which they richly deserve. Genuinely could be our 3 best loan players in the past 5 years? Joe Thomson and Dom Thomas obviously fall into that category as well, but Kerr, Clark and Kane latterly were all outstanding for us, and a perfect example of how to use the loan system effectively.

Nice to see the painting depicting Allan Ball back in its place on Terregles Street.  
I don't know whether or not the others are due to reappear again soon, but if so, this was a good one to start with.

Has the wall been sorted and painted MT ?

2 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Thanks. I heard the wall was to go a complete refurbishment before any paintings were reintroduced

The wall looks much the same as it did, but the picture in question looks like it's undergone a bit of restoration.

I didn't know there were plans to refurbish the wall itself.  It could probably do with it, right enough.

Rumours in Edinburgh That Queens are actively looking at Ross Callachan.Hearts have apparently told him that he can go. Must admit that if he is to leave I would have thought that a number of other teams would be interested. Would be a good signing but would expect strong competition.

Rumours in Edinburgh That Queens are actively looking at Ross Callachan.Hearts have apparently told him that he can go. Must admit that if he is to leave I would have thought that a number of other teams would be interested. Would be a good signing but would expect strong competition.

Read that on the link Cammy put up, have you heard from outwith that? Think that’d be a great signing

Callachan is a big Jambo who got his dream move to Tynie - suspect that he will not be keen to move anywhere unless it has been made crystal clear to him that "the games up".

I would have thought that bigger clubs than us would hold more appeal but you never know.

Callachan is a big Jambo who got his dream move to Tynie - suspect that he will not be keen to move anywhere unless it has been made crystal clear to him that "the games up".

I would have thought that bigger clubs than us would hold more appeal but you never know.

Been told his game time will be limited, he wants regular first team football. Was reported in paper last week.

23 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

It would appear we played a bounce game against Hearts today.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/177926-bounce-game-v-qots/

Actually scratch that, having read the thread fully we play them tomorrow. It was St Johnstone they played today.

4-1 for Hearts today with Zanatta netting the hat trick for Hearts 

The last time we lost our opening game of the season was I believe 2010 when we lost 1-0 to Dundee at Dens. Scored by a certain G Harkins.....

My recollection is that, without going into our history in detail, we have a pretty good record in opening games.

That’ll be a defeat on Saturday then!

29 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

The last time we lost our opening game of the season was I believe 2010 when we lost 1-0 to Dundee at Dens. Scored by a certain G Harkins.....

My recollection is that, without going into our history in detail, we have a pretty good record in opening games.

That’ll be a defeat on Saturday then!

Jinxed.