The Queen of the South thread

Would be a good addition to the likes of Dunfermline ect but i see him getting another gig in the Championship.

I'm not sure if you're suggesting he will or he won't continue at this level.

The rumour is that he's Falkirk bound, which would depress me. He's been pretty good for us, for the most part.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Guest TOPFITTER

Based on the nature of the statement on the OS, I wouldn't have said that a desire to display magnanimity was dominant among the board's priorities.

Maybe that in their view was as classy a response as was deserved and leaves others to draw their own conclusions.

Maybe that in their view was as classy a response as was deserved and leaves others to draw their own conclusions.

Maybe.

I wasn't particularly criticising the statement in the post you replied to. I was merely pointing out that it suggested that the parting was acrimonious enough, to prevent the board from being unduly concerned about allowing Kerr a dignified departure.

Well you can't beat a good office rammy. However, no matter where you are, you have to be certain you are in with the bricks before you go toe to toe with the boss in public.

I can believe this may have been engineered to create a parting of the ways, particularly if he fancied a return to Falkirk. A decent player for us and sad that it ended this way but we move on.

Somebody suggested that it could cause division, equally it may galvanise the dressing room. After all, most of the team were here long before Kerr arrived. They will probably be laughing about the daft b*****d at training tomorrow.

Well you can't beat a good office rammy. However, no matter where you are, you have to be certain you are in with the bricks before you go toe to toe with the boss in public.

I can believe this may have been engineered to create a parting of the ways, particularly if he fancied a return to Falkirk. A decent player for us and sad that it ended this way but we move on.

Somebody suggested that it could cause division, equally it may galvanise the dressing room. After all, most of the team were here long before Kerr arrived. They will probably be laughing about the daft b*****d at training tomorrow.

Your second paragraph would I think be spot on.The third is also .

Depends on how well respected he was within the dressing room,good experienced players are usually looked upto regardless of timescales.

Yes, the idea of it being engineered crossed my mind, what with doing it just as the window opens.

Again it's guesswork, but that must be a possibility.

I'm old enough to answer this, and it's yes without a doubt.

What do posters mean when they say experienced?

I'm assuming they mean old or been about the coaching scene for a while I.e Chisholm, Brannigan, McCabe etc that's not really something that I'm bothered about.

I wouldn't mind if Fowler brought in someone of a similar background to himself, surely if you've been a player for 20+ years and have passed your coaching badges you're experienced enough.

The main/difficult thing would be finding someone who's ideas and philosophies gel with Fowlers but are unique enough to still bring something different to the table.

What do posters mean when they say experienced?

I'm assuming they mean old or been about the coaching scene for a while I.e Chisholm, Brannigan, McCabe etc that's not really something that I'm bothered about.

I wouldn't mind if Fowler brought in someone of a similar background to himself, surely if you've been a player for 20+ years and have passed your coaching badges you're experienced enough.

The main/difficult thing would be finding someone who's ideas and philosophies gel with Fowlers but are unique enough to still bring something different to the table.

I'd say its more about someone with the experience of taking and organising training at this level, and some additional authority in the dressing room. There have been rumours for a while now, that Fowler is struggling with the organisational side of training, which was apparently one of the key reasons for Kerr kicking off. I dont think it necessarily has to be someone 'older' as such, but someone who has done the job before. It just happens, that it's always going to be that the more experienced candidates will be older. Also, it wasn't that long ago that Fowler was one of the boys, and now he's in charge. It can't be easy, but an assistant who won't take any shit could help steady things out.

I find this very strange that Fowler is struggling with organisation at training. He was brought in as assistant to McIntyre so you would think he knows how to run a good training session if not it's time he did.

As to Kerr he did alright for us but gives enough player in the group an opportunity.

The next month is going to divine our season so let's hope the team can kick on and consolidate 4th place.

Kerr was one of the best box to box players we have had in my time watching the bairns however he tempered his game as inevitably time caught up with him...I though he was excellent in the games at TFS last season & would take him back in a sitting role as without vaulks we have no other class midfielders ( Taiwo too inconsistent)... So I would be happy to see him back but not gutted if he isn't.....a return to the pars would also seem logical