The Queen of the South thread

Just heard fowler on west sound saying his job is to save us from relegation? First time out play offs all season and aim changes. Getting a bit sick of him covering his back and talking us down all the time. Was totally behind him till last few weeks, now minds changing

I find that an extraordinary thing to say by a Queens manager. The season might as well end now! Edited by overthetop

Just heard fowler on west sound saying his job is to save us from relegation?

Are you sure?

Did he actually say that? Was it in the context of that cliched thing they come out with sometimes about avoiding relegation being the first priority each season?

If he just said it with regard to this season as it's shaping up, or even just with regard to Queens generally, then that's kind of staggering and will not go down well.

Just heard fowler on west sound saying his job is to save us from relegation?

Seriously?

If that is the case then I think the board should be setting him straight on his objectives. Clearly, he has misread the brief.

once again this young inexperienced manager has spoken to the press and what he has said isn't quite what he ment, would like to give him the benefit of doubt.

I'm assuming you heard what he said then. What was he implying with that kind of statement, other than it's literal meaning? ;)

Does anyone trust that Fowler is the right man to rebuild the team in the summer? We've got a manager with no managerial experience and no assistant manager. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Hmmm, harsh but true.

If its true then its clearly poor stuff. But i would agree with MT that if it was the usual cliche of avoiding relegation first,getting to required points total etc i dont have a problem. We quite clearly are involved in a play off battle, a win on saturday and the doom and gloom that seems to have creeped in will be lifted a bit.

If its true then its clearly poor stuff. But i would agree with MT that if it was the usual cliche of avoiding relegation first,getting to required points total etc i dont have a problem. We quite clearly are involved in a play off battle, a win on saturday and the doom and gloom that seems to have creeped in will be lifted a bit.

Either way talking about avoiding relegation is ridiculous.

West Sound basically said that he had said his job was to keep us away from the danger zone. Think the substance of the statement has been sensationalised for effect.

That doesn't sound any better to be honest. His job is to get us into the promotion play-offs.

Is there a link to the story?

West Sound basically said that he had said his job was to keep us away from the danger zone. Think the substance of the statement has been sensationalised for effect.

I wouldn't agree with that interpretation of his job either. We spent the first half of the season in the top three.

once again this young inexperienced manager has spoken to the press and what he has said isn't quite what he ment, would like to give him the benefit of doubt.

In fairness though, you'd be eager to give Harold Shipman the benefit of the doubt, so long as he'd once done a stint as Queens' doctor.

Did David Hopkirk not play for you guys in the past? Not allot of Annan fans so how do you remember him?

He wasn't effective for us. He came with promise from Hamilton but never delivered anything. I can recall his attitude being brought into question, whether that really was the case or not, I don't know. He seems to have been OK for Annan and might relish a shot at a bigger club. TBH though, you won't find the answers you're looking for here as he wasn't at us very long, and I imagine the majority of QoS fans won't recall his time here either. Chance your arm in the League 2 forum. The little replies you'll get from the Annan fans will undoubtedly be more accurate than you'll receive here :)