The Queen of the South thread

Not sure if I have picked up the wrong end of the stick, if so I apologise. I don't think redeveloping the main stand is unnecessary. I would say it is something that needs looked at over the next couple of years.

That said, getting King George the V up and running would be a solid base on which to keep the money coming in.

I wonder if the company that laid the pitch will replace the one at King George as a reward if we reach the play-offs again!

I meant more in the current context in that it isn't costing a fortune to maintain and it isn't about to kill anyone but obviously it needs replaced at some point. It is at least 20 years out of date and a bit small in just about every sense. Main requirements would be some corporate stuff and space for conferences like at McDiarmid Park, who knows you could find some space for more football pitches ;)

What facilities does the KGV have? Is it a move made with trying to get elite status for our youth academy in mind? Think I read you need 2 pitches at the same facility as one of requirements?

1 full size pitch, currently used for hockey. The cage, which is actually 2 tennis courts is used for 7 aside etc. multiple changing rooms and a gym.

Even if by some miracle we beat you on Sunday its still in your hands you will get enough points to get 4th.

Even after Saturday's great win, I saw us entering Sunday's game five points back.

I felt that this gave us about a 50/50 chance of winding up 4th. I can't now believe we're entering it one point ahead. Falkirk surely must win to keep this alive. They might well do it though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Even after Saturday's great win, I saw us entering Sunday's game five points back.

I felt that this gave us about a 50/50 chance of winding up 4th. I can't now believe we're entering it one point ahead. Falkirk surely must win to keep this alive. They might well do it though.

Even if you lose on Sunday, we would need to beat both Rangers and Hibs and you would need to slip up twice with Dumbarton having thrown in the towel and Alloa not being able to beat themselves out a paper bag, leaving the Livvy game which is probably the trickiest at the end, where it probably may not matter for Queens.

Well done for 4th now from me now, hitting form at the right time and our squad not being strong enough to cope without Loy, we were ok on Saturday but have scraped thro in recent weeks......

Cups now hopefully our season ender come end of May......good luck in the play offs

Guest Back Post Misses

Even if you lose on Sunday, we would need to beat both Rangers and Hibs and you would need to slip up twice with Dumbarton having thrown in the towel and Alloa not being able to beat themselves out a paper bag, leaving the Livvy game which is probably the trickiest at the end, where it probably may not matter for Queens.

Well done for 4th now from me now, hitting form at the right time and our squad not being strong enough to cope without Loy, we were ok on Saturday but have scraped thro in recent weeks......

Cups now hopefully our season ender come end of May......good luck in the play offs

Sorry that isn't the case. If by some fluke of nature we win our last three games. QoS would have to win all three to get in front of us. The chance of that happening are as remote as Ally McCoist being the next Man City manager. Edited by Back Post Misses

Sorry that isn't the case. If by some fluke of nature we win our last three games. QoS would have to win all three to get in front of us. The chance of that happening are as remote as Ally McCoist being the next Man City manager.

Beers and sums....only took a quick glance.....

Ps I was watching the Darts....flicking over, tho that stopped when I seen it was 2-0

Well played Queens brilliant performance, to a man better than Rangers including the manager.

The team are really playing for one another.

Hope the fans come out on Sunday and support the team v Falkirk because they certainly deserve it.

With the same effort and endeavour in the remaining 4 league games this team could finish higher up the table than 4th.

Come on the Queens.

As I commented previously, the playoffs themselves hold no great fear for me. Our record against Hibs and The Rangers speaks for itself, and should we get that far there is no-one in the Premiership I particularly fear. Certainly at home.

Although it has been made considerably easier due to events this week, the toughest remaining test is holding our nerve and securing that fourth spot. A win on Sunday would be fantastic, but it is far from a given.

I've never posted in here because I'm not obsessed with Queens like you fermers are obsessed with Falkirk and constantly post in our threads :P but just thought I'd pop in to congratulate you on a fine win and performance last night and wish you all the best in the play offs. You deserve it and I hope you pump The Rangers again in them. :thumsup2