The Queen of the South thread

A terrible draw.

Being drawn away is worse than it usually would be, because of the reprehensible decision to move our Boxing Day fixture, meaning that after our home game a week on Friday, we won't now play at Palmerston until late January.

It's also crap that it's someone in our division. We've got a decent chance of progressing, but it certainly wouldn't be a shock to anyone if we didn't.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........ad nauseam..............

No wonder crowds are so low. Scottish Football needs a shake up urgently.

Edited by Tam

Not worth getting the least bit excited until planning permission is sought to upgrade Palmerston and even then not really excited until the bulldozers are on site.

The key to these sort of deals is enabling development and I can't get my head round how Queens can benefit this scheme apart from offering land.

What would the business Park be focused on where would it be located and would it operate alongside the arena??

I can only imagine retail units would be under the new main and extended grandstand. Not a huge business park but I suppose enough for four or five businesses depending on the layout.

On the face of things it is encouraging, however, there have been a number of false dawns regarding stadium redevelopment over the past 10 years or so.

Out of interest who owns Park Farm?

I can only imagine retail units would be under the new main and extended grandstand. Not a huge business park but I suppose enough for four or five businesses depending on the layout.

On the face of things it is encouraging, however, there have been a number of false dawns regarding stadium redevelopment over the past 10 years or so.

Out of interest who owns Park Farm?

Agree about the false dawns so am reserving judgement/enthusiasm for the moment.

Could be wrong but I'd always assumed that the big field ( Park Farm ) was owned by the farm ( Park Farm ) on Park Road

I wouldn't hold your breath Swarley . We've still to see photographic evidence that new changing rooms were build under the Rosevale Stand and that the office has been moved across to the Arena

These two projects are finished and have started being used, great that the office is in the arena and thus opening the club shop longer hours.

These two projects are finished and have started being used, great that the office is in the arena and thus opening the club shop longer hours.

Since the club have went to a lot of time and effort to complete these projects why haven't we seen any photographs or any decent articles on the OS or local press about them ?

Our PR skills are still dreadful

Since the club have went to a lot of time and effort to complete these projects why haven't we seen any photographs or any decent articles on the OS or local press about them ?

Our PR skills are still dreadful

There was an article about the office moving to the arena put on the OS on 25th November.

It doesn't have a video guided tour but it tells you what you need to know!

I dont think I'm imagining this, but I'm sure the last time stadium reconstruction was on the cards the club spoke about moving the pitch further towards the Portland Road end, allowing the replacement for the old main stand to run pretty much the full length of the new pitch and also allowing a bit more room for development at Terregles street.

I'm sure it also involved lopping off the last section of the new stand and sticking it on the other end?

In the "Memories of the Modern Era" book that I have from the 1994-5 to the 2004-05 season, there are architectural plans for the two stands to be built behind both goals at Palmerston. I could scan the sheet and post it up if anyone's interested?

Edited by RUSTY1111

No. The pitch is fine. Its never not been fine. It was perfectly playable Saturday too (though wind may have put it off if we had been at home).

It was more about the windy conditions. How's it been so far? I suppose that wouldn't be decided until Friday anyway, right enough.

It was more about the windy conditions. How's it been so far? I suppose that wouldn't be decided until Friday anyway, right enough.

As you say the wind now is pretty irrelevant. The forecast is for fairly low winds of circa 15mph for Friday and at the moment for no rain after teatime.

For what its worth, although it was quite windy today it certainly wasnt a storm or at match postponing levels. If the game had been tonight it would have been on.