The Queen of the South thread

Heard confirmation of this today.It is a sad,sad day when it sinks as low as this.

I will have to think long and hard about renewing my season ticket/shirt entry.

I regularly buy a weekly draw ticket,and also the halftime draw tickets but I dont know if I will be back.

The Mad site is mad about this, some are also talking about chucking it.

There is no room for sentiment when running a business, just look at the balance sheets from Davie Rae's time as chairman, he had the clichéd blue and white blood, but was a shit businessman. Robertson has been brought in to sort this out, a move that was welcomed by most. For people to say the club is dying because the kit-man has been paid off is as I say - bizarre. I don't recall anyone threatening to stop supporting the club when Mark McMinn was replaced as Commercial Director (or whatever his title was). He's a diehard Queens fan (whatever that is). Total over-reaction.

Was it not mentioned in one of the "Board Blogs" that the club were hoping to get the youth players more involved with the day-to-day running of the club? Sounds like they will replace "Blacko", and perhaps other related roles. Seems sensible.

When the BOD ask for volunteers they may find a lot of them are washing their hair.

I know of more than a few who have done so already.

Those running the club would do well to remember that it's best to keep people onboard rather than disassociate them for all time.

It is true crowds usually increase with a winning team. However, the Harkness years were not a total disaster in terms of results but a lot of people did not go due to the perception they had of the club caused by him and his fellow arrogant, unambitious incompetents.

Correct to a degree. Even in the Harkness years we had seasons with good crowds when the team was doing well. The team built by Willie McLean and taken on by Mike Jackson in the mid 70s was in the Harkness years was it not and crowds in my memory at least were decent. Crowds plummeted in the later Harkness years when as you say he was poorly regarded. He tended to be held in poorer regard when the team was shit though. I`d accept that the local PR of the club is important to a degree but results are the main factor IMHO.

Again, agree to an extent - crowds were decent compared to what they became but probably not as good as they could have been, certainly in the league anyway.

Harkness took years to build an image of an unambitious club and then actively antagonise the fans. This most recent lot have managed to go well down that road in a couple of months - starting with backing Gus even if we go straight down.

Early days of course, but they have got off to a bad start in terms of PR. It is much easier to undo a good image than it is to restore a bad one.

Agreed.

Only a week of the season left and the good news is that most of the team and management will also be out of contract.

The player situation is pleasing but the board need to decide (hopefully before the end of May) if Gus is the man to lead us forward

He has been poor in the first, will he be any better in the second?

Only a week of the season left and the good news is that most of the team and management will also be out of contract.

The player situation is pleasing but the board need to decide (hopefully before the end of May) if Gus is the man to lead us forward

Get him punted, had his chance.

Considering what was on the game was really disappointed with Queens today . Didn't start playing until they were 2 down and then were a little unlucky not to get a draw . An unfortunate slip for Rovers' 3rd which probably sums up the season for you. Respect to a better than average turnout making a 7 hour round trip to watch that lot .

Sorry you're going down. Have always quite liked Queens unlike Ayr who I can't stand.

The Cup Final run, the European adventure and the the cup tie with Rangers (which all in all netted around £1milllion) was arguably the finest (and most lucrative) period in the club's history.

There were a number on here who argued for some form of legacy to be put in place from the 2008 windfall. But the overspend on a manager and team was a mistake.

The mismanagement of the club since 2008 has been obvious and the lack of direction and forward thinking has been there for all to see.

The embarrasing Chairman and Board must shoulder the blame.

The appointment of McPherson was just one of a number of mistakes made by the Board.

It saddens me that a club with as much potential as Ross County, ICT and St Johnstone has failed so miserably to emulate them.

Rae, Paterson, Rutherford, Hewitson and Robertson have presided over this disaster.

I have no confidence in these indivduals to take the club forward.

We've seen what Gus can do. Miserable, turgid, negative shite not even close to resembling football. He is a complete failure. There shouldn't even be a debate about it. Get him out now.

At the start I anticipated a stuffy season where we wouldn't be treated to much entertainment, but would stifle the opposition and grind our way to some lower mid-table finish.

However, we've been incredibly shit to watch and yet have not been at all difficult to beat. In other words, it's been the worst of both worlds.

I was glad to see Gus appointed, partly in that - to use your analogy - he wasn't merely nearest the chair when the music stopped. I honestly don't see how the season could have gone worse though and to give him an extension would be comically stupid.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

At the start I anticipated a stuffy season where we wouldn't be treated to much entertainment, but would stifle the opposition and grind our way to some lower mid-table finish.

However, we've been incredibly shit to watch and yet have not been at all difficult to beat. In other words, it's been the worst of both worlds.

I was glad to see Gus appointed, partly in that - to use your analogy - he wasn't merely nearest the chair when the music stopped. I honestly don't see how the season could have gone worse though and to give him an extension would be comically stupid.

My feelings exactly. We were always going to struggle this season, but I expected a bit of fight, passion and commitment. We have been treated to awful, gutless football and a completely different experience to anything we've encountered over the past decade.

If the Board are actually in favour of trying for promotion next season McPherson will be out.

If he's retained I'll take that as an indication they are quite happy with a few seasons in Div 2.

With him in charge I wouldn't rule out a visit to Div 3.

If the Board are actually in favour of trying for promotion next season McPherson will be out.

If he's retained I'll take that as an indication they are quite happy with a few seasons in Div 2.

With him in charge I wouldn't rule out a visit to Div 3.

There's no getting by it he has to go. There is nothing at all to make me slightly positive, of him staying as manager. What pisses me off most is his constant moaning at players, he never signed, and the ones he did never get anything noticed it today than ever before. He's an absolute ego, that needs put in his place...the dole queue.