The Queen of the South thread

At the start I anticipated a stuffy season where we wouldn't be treated to much entertainment, but would stifle the opposition and grind our way to some lower mid-table finish.

However, we've been incredibly shit to watch and yet have not been at all difficult to beat. In other words, it's been the worst of both worlds.

I was glad to see Gus appointed, partly in that - to use your analogy - he wasn't merely nearest the chair when the music stopped. I honestly don't see how the season could have gone worse though and to give him an extension would be comically stupid.

This.

Ok, so most of us acknowledge that McPherson should go. I, personally, don't care that he's only had one season at the helm, the 'product' is pathetic. Another year or two of McPherson will maybe ensure second division survival. Great. Brilliant. Super.

Don't know about the rest of the Queens fans, but I like the first division. I'd like to go back there sometime. I think thats our level, and we are underachieving otherwise. Thats not arrogance, just my feeling. A spell in the second is a dose of reality, but we need to learn from it. Taking into consideration our catchment area, demographic etc. etc. the first division is where we should be. Well done to the Ayr's and the Raiths fro showing us how it can be done. Now, heres the question - who is the manager to take Queens forward? Answer on a postcard please...

Edited by kanadia

Now, heres the question - who is the manager to take Queens forward? Answer on a postcard please...

I only know who it shouldn't be. I would take a younger manager who plays a less turgid style of football.

Well if Gus departs then Jimmy Calderwood or Alan Johnston would be worth a shout.

Alan Johnston could be a realistic option. Pardon my ignorance, but has he done his badges and the likes? Has he an interest in management? or is coaching his forte?

Edited by kanadia

Do we even know that he was "relieved of his duties"?

Yes , Ian was relieved of his duties by Mark Robertson just as he was about to drive up to Glasgow and do the strips for the Under 19's ( after a special request from Gus McPherson I may add , he doesnt usually do the youth team strips ) . As you can imagine he didn't go to Hampden after this surprise decision .

Yes , Ian was relieved of his duties by Mark Robertson just as he was about to drive up to Glasgow and do the strips for the Under 19's ( after a special request from Gus McPherson I may add , he doesnt usually do the youth team strips ) . As you can imagine he didn't go to Hampden after this surprise decision .

Again, so exactly what happened then?

I won't lie -- part of me is glad we've lost the second of our two longest trips, because it should mean no early-morning starts next season ;)

But most of me is sorry to see you guys go; in spite of the need for an early departure, and almost inevitable defeat, Dumfries has been by far my favourite away trip in this league. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but there's something about the journey, the town and the ground I really enjoy.

Good luck in the Second. I won't say "hope to see you soon" for obvious reasons(!), but I do hope you bounce straight back up :)

Today was like the rest of the season, we were let down by the "seniors" of the club with a lot of them showing no stomach for a fight today. If you're not in control of the middle of the park, you're not in control of the game. This has been the case all season and there's only two people to blame for this! :angry:

Edited by Hawk

To add to this we will need a LOT more fight next season, playing in the second division where there'll be a lot less football played. (not that we've played much this season)

Edited by Hawk

Today was like the rest of the season, we were let down by the "seniors" of the club with a lot of them showing no stomach for a fight today. If you're not in control of the middle of the park, you're not in control of the game. This has been the case all season and there's only two people to blame for this! :angry:

McPherson and Millen possibly ?

Great to see Blacko (ex kitman) at the game today shoes the character of the man.

Does anyone know the reason he was relieved of his duties??????

Class is permanent.

The same as Blacko's love for the South.

The arseholes that sacked him wouldn't know class, if they were in a lift with Frank Sinatra .

Edited by weeredbook