The Queen of the South thread

Well Raith & the Pars have one and of course the last few match threads have gone off on a tangent regarding our off field affairs. For that reason this is probably as good a thread as any to air your views and there is much to discuss.

With Queens looking for a completely new squad and management team (likely part-time) next season there are some uncertain times ahead at Palmerston. At the moment the team look to have chucked it and I suppose you can't really blame them. Players that have given their all look to have been treated with poorly and questions are being asked of our Chairman and board.

Anyway chart the twist and turns here.

Weel yee've got a lot tae answer fur. :huh:

Part-time in theory. ;)

Not sure on Parker, would be willing to give him a chance though. We shall see, would like to see a creative player in beside McKenna then were looking good. A right back also would be nice. A lot of people calling for a target man, but just striker thats going to but the ball in the back of net will do, I think Smith will this season if he can stay injury free, big season for Reilly as well, shown a lot of potential, wee man has to deliver though this year.

I don't think you guy's realise what a talent you have in this youngster. I would predict a goals tally in the high teens low twenties for the season, IF he is given a reasonable amount of game time. I certainly wouldn't be spending silly money on any "well know" senior strikers while Gav's available. If he's played alongside Smith and under the guidance of Johnston, Gav will come on leaps and bounds as the season progresses.

On paper the team you are putting together should be exciting to watch and very good going forward, creating a lot of chances which is where his movement and pace will cause defences a lot of problems.

I for one look forward to catching some of your games this season to see how things progress

Edited by Charlie

I don't think you guy's realise what a talent you have in this youngster. I would predict a goals tally in the high teens low twenties for the season, IF he is given a reasonable amount of game time. I certainly wouldn't be spending silly money on any "well know" senior strikers while Gav's available. If he's played alongside Smith and under the guidance of Johnston, Gav will come on leaps and bounds as the season progresses.

On paper the team you are putting together should be exciting to watch and very good going forward, creating a lot of chances which is where his movement and pace will cause defences a lot of problems.

I for one look forward to catching some of your games this season to see how things progress

Well said Mr Reilly. ;)

I dont doubt this. He showed last year, how good he can be, and i hope he gets chance to do so again.

Im not sure I would go as far as to say 15-20 goals, but I've no doubt Gavin will be an important player for us next season. My concern, though, would be if we were too reliant on him. Its one thing to have a young player come through and do well, but its a whole other thing to rely on them wholly.

Id rather we signed another striker and if Gavin gets game time its because he's merited his place ahead of anyone else, rather than because there is no one else.

When is Willie Gibson signing is it this week sometime or has he got a better offer from somewhere else :(

Relax , Nicky Clark announced he'd signed on Twitter on the Thursday but the OS didn't confirm it until six days later . Same thing happened with McGuffie , he signed the day before he left for his summer holidays but it wasn't confirmed until 4 days later .

Big Robertson will confirm in due course :)

Edited by the_vortex

Relax , Nicky Clark announced he'd signed on Twitter on the Thursday but the OS didn't confirm it until six days later . Same thing happened with McGuffie , we signed the day before he left for his summer holidays but it wasn't confirmed until 4 days later .

Big Robertson will confirm in due course :)

Not the same Nicky Clark and McGuffie only had a offer from Queens so they had to sign

Willie Gibson now has other offers to think about now only 50-50 chance he will sign for Queens.:(

Anyone else heard anything on parker doing pre season training with us or was it just a random call from whoever posted it earlier?

It is the Ayr fans who started that Parker is not going back to Ayr wants full time football so they had heard that he is going to train with Queens.

This the same with Craig Dargo he wants full time football not going back to Dumbarton there fans saying that he is going to train with Queens