The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

in fairness, there's been plenty scope for visits in recent years.

Absolutely. I'm a natural pessimist in regards to QoS as well. But I can give credit and be positive when it's warranted. We seem to have a couple of posters who only bother to post when things are at their worst. Never seen a positive thing said by some people. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Absolutely. I'm a natural pessimist in regards to QoS as well. But I can give credit and be positive when it's warranted. We seem to have a couple of posters who only bother to post when things are at their worst. Never seen a positive thing said by some people. 

Ach, there's plenty room for Queens fans of all types.

Let's face it: it's not as if there are too many of us.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

And there's plenty on here who have this mindset that things could never be any better than they are and we should be grateful yet when the brown stuff hits the van will be straight on blaming the manager for poor signings completely ignoring the fact it's the regime at fault. 

How shit does it need to get before some folk open there eyes?!? We've had 5 seasons of this and the signs are we could well be on for a sixth!

48 minutes ago, Kunter said:

And there's plenty on here who have this mindset that things could never be any better than they are and we should be grateful yet when the brown stuff hits the van will be straight on blaming the manager for poor signings completely ignoring the fact it's the regime at fault. 

How shit does it need to get before some folk open there eyes?!? We've had 5 seasons of this and the signs are we could well be on for a sixth!

I’m certainly not a fan of the current board but I don’t see anyone else stepping forward to takeover and improve the situation.

5 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

I’m certainly not a fan of the current board but I don’t see anyone else stepping forward to takeover and improve the situation.

No one's taking over till they stand down, properly, not this if someone comes forward crap. 

If they just looked like they wanted promotion there would be no issue. 

We just can't carry on with mediocre football. There has to be some ambition shown to get out of this division or a fan push for change which there's no signs of. 

9 hours ago, Kunter said:

Who? Show me one single post from any poster on here who claims this is as good as it gets. Of course MB will be blamed if we fail. Do you think it wasn't WG's fault for last season? MB will have been told what kind of budget he was working with and if he didn't think he was up to the job then he wouldn't/shouldn't have taken it. He's clearly taken the job because he thinks he can work under the conditions. If it fails the buck stops with him. 

3 hours ago, Kunter said:

No one's taking over till they stand down, properly, not this if someone comes forward crap. 

We just can't carry on with mediocre football. There has to be some ambition shown to get out of this division or a fan push for change which there's no signs of. 

Signing a highly thought of young coach as manager on a 2 year deal isn't showing ambition? I think it's far more ambitious than hiring John Hughes etc. 

I'll ask again to see if I can finally get an answer - other than your suggestion of flinging money at it, what would you regard as ambitious? 

We're in one of the worst positions to be as a FT club. We probably offer the lowest wages of any FT side and therefore PT sides will be a better option for many players as they can make more money playing football and holding down a job. It may well be a better option to be PT or Hybrid to bring in potentially better players but I bet if the club announced this move then people like yourself would be slagging the BoD for showing a lack of ambition :lol:

5 hours ago, Kunter said:

Yeah them stepping down will have the big investors banging the doors down to take over I’m sure.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We're in one of the worst positions to be as a FT club. We probably offer the lowest wages of any FT side and therefore PT sides will be a better option for many players as they can make more money playing football and holding down a job.

Could not agree more. We were against a lowland League side for Minimaugh that tells us how difficult it is to recruit. Agree MB has to do well with mostly his players now as if he doesn't it will affect his ambitions as well. Was it not a 2 1/2 year deal he signed? Top 4 would be an improvement but I still believe he needs experience in the side. At the game on Saturday McClelland and McGuffie were the only players I heard on the pitch and we were very young. 

Well I like the new home top, the away top is passable, but what designer was let loose on the warm-up top?  It's pure barfmarket 🤢 !

It looks like the end product of one of those therapy sessions where the patient is given a marker pen and a huge sheet of paper and is told to draw their subconscious thoughts.

And is it just my imagination or does it really have "OG" emblazoned cross the chest just below / between the Macron badge and club crest?

Edited by Slipmat

7 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Well I like the new home top, the away top is passable, but what designer was let loose on the warm-up top?  It's pure barfmarket 🤢 !

It looks like the end product of one of those therapy sessions where the patient is given a marker pen and a huge sheet of paper and is told to draw their subconscious thoughts.

And is it just my imagination or does it really have "OG" emblazoned cross the chest just below / between the Macron badge and club crest?

I have to admit I think it's a cracker. I just think it's a bit too expensive for a training top tbh. I'll likely buy one if there are any left at the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I have to admit I think it's a cracker. I just think it's a bit too expensive for a training top tbh. I'll likely buy one if there are any left at the end of the season. 

Agree about the price.  I'd have much preferred something simple like a plain white body with blue sleeves.  At least the players can hide the doodling under bibs!

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah, I like it. As far as I know we didn't design it, it's from the Macron 2023 catalogue. The home and away kits are bespoke but everything else is catalogue product I think. I guess we'll see if other clubs use it.

My son loves it and wanted one as soon as they arrived. He was wearing it at the game on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, I like it. As far as I know we didn't design it, it's from the Macron 2023 catalogue. The home and away kits are bespoke but everything else is catalogue product I think. I guess we'll see if other clubs use it.

My son loves it and wanted one as soon as they arrived. He was wearing it at the game on Saturday.

Ah, I did see that on the Footy Adventures podcast. You made a wee background cameo 😉

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

An £8 increase from last seasons training top, for a shite design too. 

11 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Calvin McGrory has signed for East Kilbride.

Wasn't arsed about him coming back here but it's disappointing to see such lack of ambition from a young guy. As I said above, EK will be paying decent wages and players will likely make more there when combined with a job but at 23 he still had time/potential to play higher.