The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

The friendly against Marlow was a daft idea anyway. Glad someone seen sense and it got cancelled. 

Apart from Saturday not being the best date I don't see how it was so daft, would rather have played Marlow than the likes of Gretna. It isn't as if it was going to cost us a great deal of money with it being  at Palmerston. The greatest  inconvenience would be on Marlow. 

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

For me we need another CB (definitely now if Brydon is out) a LB and another striker.

Partick may well have lost interest in East - he wasn't involved in their closed door game at the weekend and didn't get a full half in their previous friendly.  Maybe his lastminute.com approach to signing deals* is going to bite him on the bum this year.

* not just with us, I believe he left Albion Rovers in the dark throughout the summer before he joined us when an offer was on the table from them.

Would you take him back if the door is still open to him?  I'm not sure if I would, and personally think he would find himself to be more of a squad player than starter, albeit a handy one to have given that he is left sided.

Edited by Slipmat

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

Partick may well have lost interest in East - he wasn't involved in their closed door game at the weekend and didn't get a full half in their previous friendly.  Maybe his lastminute.com approach to signing deals* is going to bite him on the bum this year.

* not just with us, I believe he left Albion Rovers in the dark throughout the summer before he signed when an offer was on the table from them.

Would you take him back if the door is still open to him?  I'm not sure if I would, and personally think he would find himself to be more of a squad player than starter, albeit a handy one to have given that he is left sided.

I’d be happy if East was with us this season. Left sided and adaptable. I’ve no difficulty with players looking around to get the best deal they can. 

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

* not just with us, I believe he left Albion Rovers in the dark throughout the summer before he joined us when an offer was on the table from them.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’d be happy if East was with us this season. Left sided and adaptable. I’ve no difficulty with players looking around to get the best deal they can. 

Pretty much this. I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't come back and like DD I have no issue with players trying to better themselves but I certainly wouldn't be upset if he can't get better than us and accepts the offer we've given him (providing it hasn't since been pulled). 

Target reached!

The Queens Trust are delighted to announce that after a recent donation of shares in Queen of the South FC we now have reached and surpassed 1000 shares in the club!

The Trust also has money set aside which was raised specifically for increasing our shareholding in Queens. The club have been contacted but there are no shares available.

If any QOS shareholders would be interested in selling all or part of their shareholding to the Queens Trust please do get in touch.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty much this. I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't come back and like DD I have no issue with players trying to better themselves but I certainly wouldn't be upset if he can't get better than us and accepts the offer we've given him (providing it hasn't since been pulled). 

Aye, that's how I see it.  I reckon MB is looking at Brydon and McClelland as being his first choice centre backs and of course McKay is already available as a back up hence why I feel East may be more of a squad player should he return.  All depends how bad Brydon's injury is I suppose.

4 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Aye, that's how I see it.  I reckon MB is looking at Brydon and McClelland as being his first choice centre backs and of course McKay is already available as a back up hence why I feel East may be more of a squad player should he return.  All depends how bad Brydon's injury is I suppose.

I think East would also be able to cover at left back where, currently, Church is injured and the other lad is still at school (Logan could also switch).

Charlie Cowie joins Gretna on loan for the season with a recall option in the agreement.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-6127

No surprise. He was clearly always going out on loan to get games as we don't need a 3rd keeper sitting in the stand and he played for Gretna against us as a trialist last week. Hopefully works well for all parties. He had a great season last year.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Charlie Cowie joins Gretna on loan for the season with a recall option in the agreement.

No surprise. He was clearly always going out on loan to get games as we don't need a 3rd keeper sitting in the stand and he played for Gretna against us as a trialist last week. Hopefully works well for all parties. He had a great season last year.

He has always impressed me the few times I've seen him. Plenty of time on his side to develop into a good level keeper.

Edited by Riviera711

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mad to think how many years we've talked about him and he's just 19.

Hope this loan goes to plan for him. There's something there for sure.

14 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

First visit to Palmerston today for quite a while. Disappointed to see it getting worse and whoever painted the turnstiles must be having a laugh, the blue paint is everywhere, what a mess. 

Unfortunately when the club constantly relies on fans giving up their own time to do such maintenance jobs then it’s never going to be perfect.   It’s unlikely to change under the current regime I’d imagine.

3 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Unfortunately when the club constantly relies on fans giving up their own time to do such maintenance jobs then it’s never going to be perfect.   It’s unlikely to change under the current regime I’d imagine.

Are the volunteers blind? Did the volunteers use a shovel instead of a brush? Or did they try to paint by launching the buckets of paint at them? Did the paint explode when they opened the tin? 

All fair questions when you see the mess. 

6 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Are the volunteers blind? Did the volunteers use a shovel instead of a brush? Or did they try to paint by launching the buckets of paint at them? Did the paint explode when they opened the tin? 

All fair questions when you see the mess. 

I look forward to seeing it.

Frank Reynolds - maybe you could have volunteered to assist and made the stadium look like the Bernabeu Stadium..................................... cut some slack please!!! Those people put the hours in for the love of the club. APPRECIATE

I just want to see that bloody sign updated.

Our first competitive game is 5 days away and our league fixtures were published weeks ago. However, the sign is still proclaiming our next match to be that against Kelty in early May.

There are bigger issues, but it bugs me.  Still.

29 minutes ago, billyqos said:

Frank Reynolds - maybe you could have volunteered to assist and made the stadium look like the Bernabeu Stadium..................................... cut some slack please!!! Those people put the hours in for the love of the club. APPRECIATE

Don't lower yourself to it. He used to post under another username and was constantly looking for a petty arguement. He came back under his latest alias and seemed to calm down but he's obviously got bored of being sensible. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Decided to buy my season ticket a couple of days ago. I like to print off a pdf copy in case of mobile phone malfunction at the turnstile ( or more likely my bad eyesight and stubby fingers causing  cock-up), I notice it says event commences May '23 finishes Dec' 23 which seems a bit odd for a league season that runs from August 23 to May 24. What's that all about. Last season's ticket had the correct start and end dates.