The Queen of the South thread

Can someone tell me what Marv seen in Hutchinson to give him a  2 year deal .

I can guarantee he will not get close to 10 goals this season. 

This is exactly why Marv is struggling his recruitment has been awful.

I could count on one hand any decent signing .

I really hope he turns us around a much better 1st half against part time  Arbroath but we still end up losing the game again .

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Can someone tell me what Marv seen in Hutchinson to give him a  2 year deal .

I can guarantee he will not get close to 10 goals this season. 

This is exactly why Marv is struggling his recruitment has been awful.

I could count on one hand any decent signing .

I really hope he turns us around a much better 1st half against part time  Arbroath but we still end up losing the game again .

Give Marv time. Win essential at Annan next weekend though 

Marvin Bartley seemed far more upbeat during his interview with Sandra after yesterdays game compared to last couple of weeks. Hopefully getting more players back fit will improve the results the next few games. 

Massive game next Saturday down at Annan. 

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Marvin Bartley seemed far more upbeat during his interview with Sandra after yesterdays game compared to last couple of weeks. Hopefully getting more players back fit will improve the results the next few games. 

Glad someone is upbeat after watching that.

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

There were some things to get excited about yesterday. McKay and Doherty's performances especially in the first half. Efe was his normal steady self and Todd came onto a good game in the second half and we made some really good chances.

I liked the look of yesterdays formation which allowed Cochrane and Todd to play slightly further up the park.

My concern is that Bartley in his interview is talking of more players coming back, he may make unnecessary changes. I wouldn't want McClelland coming in for Efe, in fact the only change I would make would be to bring Reilly for McKechnie. Having watched Doherty yesterday I think it could be a good productive pairing of him with Reilly.

Here's hoping we have a few of the injured players back and that we can produce a similar if not better performance than yesterday and take some of the chances. We really do need a performance and result.

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

No til end of November at least

Sorry but  come Saturday night if we lose at Annan then he has to go we can't wait till the end of November.

I really like Marv I hope he does turn it around but it has to happen very quickly starting next week .

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Noticed that @Skyline Drifter was posting in the Scotland thread the other night, so he's still around.  Must just be having a break from the QOS threads for a bit ... maybe on instruction, perchance?

Probably just fed up of insinuations like this. Don’t blame him at all. 

On 15/10/2023 at 09:44, bod said:

There were some things to get excited about yesterday. McKay and Doherty's performances especially in the first half. Efe was his normal steady self 

It's like you've never paid attention to the career of Efe Ambrose. 

On 16/10/2023 at 18:31, die hard doonhamer said:

Probably just fed up of insinuations like this. Don’t blame him at all. 

Isn't it fair play though to be able to speculate on a forum such as this? It's not as if SD is just any poster ... he is somewhat unique on here given his role at the club. May be some others on here (eg one of the Alloa guys) but not too sure about that.

I wasn't being critical of SD in any way. FWIW I value and miss the guy's contributions on here as he gives interesting insights into the administration of the game and into the operational aspects of clubs at our level (as best as he can within confidentiality constraints). I'm pretty sure that fans of other clubs also find his observations useful too. Hope he returns to posting.

On 17/10/2023 at 08:24, virginton said:

It's like you've never paid attention to the career of Efe Ambrose. 

Aye, but we're talking about the mighty heights of the third tier of Scottish football here VT. He might be a bombscare up at your level these days, but way down here on the seaside he can occasionally still look semi reasonable.

Edited by Otis Blue

19 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, but we're talking about the mighty heights of the third tier of Scottish football here VT. He might be a bombscare up at your level these days, but way down here on the seaside he can occasionally still look semi reasonable.

He did a decent job for us overall last season but at no point could he be described as steady or reliable. Efe's gonna Efe at any level with enough game time.